How can anyone complain about yummy, juicy glazed over BBQ wings?! Trust me, no one will, and the whole family will love these delicious Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings. These BBQ Chicken Wings are the fastest main course meal I have ever made.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why We Love Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Instead of the hassle of setting up your grill, or you can’t stand outside in the cold to grill, you can make wings in your air fryer. Making them in your air fryer is a win/win all the way around. Here’s why we love them:
- Flavorful and delicious. This style of wings almost tastes grilled compared to oven baked wings.
- Fast and easy. One of the easiest and fastest ways to make BBQ chicken wings.
- BBQ sauce is versatile. No matter which BBQ sauce I used, the flavor was amazing.
BBQ Chicken Wings Ingredients
Air Fryer BBQ chicken wings are super easy to make, and require minimal ingredients. Here’s what you need to get started:
- Chicken wings– You will need about 12 full size chicken wings for this recipe.
- Cavender’s Greek Seasoning– This seasoning is a combination of 13-different seasonings that give your wings the ultimate flavor.
- Olive oil– The oil helps combine all of your different seasonings.
- Worcestershire sauce– This sauce helps to tenderize your wings.
- White vinegar– Adds a sweet flavor to your wings as they build pressure to cook.
- BBQ sauce– We use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, but you can use your favorite BBQ sauce.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Make your dinner more soulful and give your wings the best taste possible using your air fryer. Follow the simple steps below and have dinner on the table in a jiffy.
Step 1: Mix Seasoning
In a mixing bowl, add the Cavender’s, oil, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Mix well. Make sure it’s not lumpy from the seasoning.
Step 2: Coat Wings
Place wings in the bowl and coat well. Use a grill brush or a spoon to cover each wing with a nice layer of BBQ glaze. Cover with plastic wrap.
Step 3: Marinating your wings
Next, place the wings in the fridge for 3-8 hours. The longer they marinate, the more tender the wings will be. Don’t marinade for more than 12 hours.
Step 4: Cook the wings
Place the wings in the air fryer basket, leaving room between wings. Cook on 400℉ for 10-12 minutes.
Step 5: Glaze the wings
Coat wings in BBQ sauce. Then, flip them, and cook on 350℉ for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Let Cool
Give the wings a few minutes to cool before eating.
Serve and Enjoy!
Should Chicken Wings Be Thawed Before Air Frying?
For best results I would recommend thawing the wings, so you can season them better. However, you don’t need to defrost the chicken wings before air frying, but you will need to increase the time by 5-minutes.
How Many Wings Fit in the Air Fryer?
The amount of wings you can fit in your air fryer depends on how big the air fryer is. If you have a 4-quart, you can easily cook 6 wings at a time. If you have a 6.5 quart air fryer, you can cook up to 12 wings at a time. The bigger the air fryer, the more wings you can cook. Just make sure to space them out so they are not overlapping.
How Do You Store Leftover Air fryer Chicken Wings?
You can use a rubbermaid container with a lid or a ziplock baggie to store the leftovers. They are good for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Side Dish Suggestions
- 4 Lb. of chicken wings, bone in
- 2 tablespoons of Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 -1 cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add the Cavender’s, oil, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Mix well.
- Place wings in the bowl and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place wings in the fridge for 3-8 hours, the longer the marinade, the more tender the wing.
- Place the wings in the air fryer basket, leave room between wings. Cook on 400 for 10-12 minutes.
- Coat wings in BBQ sauce and cook on 350 for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and eat!
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Honey Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Huli Huli Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Instant Pot Recipes With 6 Ingredients Or Less
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!