Salty, crispy and naturally a bit sweet, these Air Fryer Carrot Fries are healthy and delicious! You may be familiar with sweet potato fries, but these carrot fries are an even healthier option, but taste just as good!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Crispy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
I’ve never been a huge fan of carrots. I like them in stews and soups, but I never thought I would be sitting here telling you how amazing they are! If you are a fan of sweet potato fries, you’re going to love these carrot fries! Even picky eaters love them. The best part is you can have a quick and easy side or snack in less than 15-20 minutes. If you aren’t convinced yet, here are some more reasons why you’ll love carrot fries;
- Amazing flavor– Carrots have a natural sweetness, but aren’t too sweet. Crisped up with garlic and salt, the flavor is off the charts good.
- Vegan friendly– Not only is this recipe vegan friendly, but its gluten free and with only 4 grams of net carbs, they can even be eaten in small quantities on a Keto diet.
- Their sneaky veggies– These carrot fries are a great way to get kids to eat more veggies. They won’t even know it’s healthy.
Carrot Fry Ingredients
These deliciously crispy air fryer carrot fries are an easy 4-ingredient vegan side or healthy snack! Here’s what you need:
- Carrots– Obviously, you need carrots, but make sure you get whole carrots, not baby carrots. The bigger around they are, the easier they will be to cut into fries.
- Olive oil– I use olive oil because it’s a healthier oil, but you can use canola oil or vegetable oil if you like. Oil helps the spices stick to your carrots.
- Garlic powder-I use garlic powder for seasoning, but if you like your fries saltier, you could use garlic salt.
- Salt– You can’t have fries without salt. If you want to limit your salt intake, you can use Morton’s Salt Substitute instead.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for exact ingredients!
How to Make Air Fryer Carrot Fries
These delicious carrot fries are super easy to make, and will only take you 15-20 minutes to whip up. Follow the directions below:
Step 1: Peel and Cut Carrots
First, use a potato peeler to peel the skin off your carrots. Then, cut the carrots in half lengthwise and cut them into thirds.
Step 2: Toss in Seasonings
Place the carrots in a medium sized bowl and coat with olive oil. Then, sprinkle your salt and garlic powder to season.
Step 3: Put in Air Fryer Basket
Next, spread your carrots out in the air fryer basket. Don’t overcrowd them. You want there to be room for air flow to make them nice and crispy.
Step 4: Air Fry the Carrots
Turn your air fryer to 370° F. Then, set the time for 10-minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Why are my Air Fryer carrot Fries Soggy?
Cooking fries in the air fryer can result in soggy fries from time to time. If your carrot fries come out soggy, there are two reasons this could happen: they are cut too thick or you didn’t cook them long enough.
Make sure that you don’t cut your carrots too thick. You want them to be about 1/4 inch in thickness for the crispiest fries. Carrots hold more water than potatoes, so if the fries aren’t as crispy as you like, cook them for a couple minutes longer.
How to Store Leftovers
Carrot fries are best if eaten right away since they can get soggy if left out for too long. However, you can store them in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 2-days. To crisp them back up, reheat them in the air fryer at 350° F for 2-3 minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Carrot fries make good snacks, but they also make delicious sides to a variety of different entrees. Here are my favorite entrees to serve with my carrot fries:
- Instant Pot Copycat Big Mac
- Tasty Tuna Burgers
- Instant Pot Alabama Sliders
- Delicious Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 large carrots
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- Peel the skin off your carrots. Cut your carrots in half, then in three’s.
- Place them in a medium sized bowl. Toss in your olive oil and seasoning.
- Place then the air fryer. Be sure to not overcrowd the carrots in the Air Fryer, make sure there is room for air to flow.
- Cook at 370° for 10 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1219mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
More Healthy Sides You’ll Love
- Keto-Friendly Instant Pot Cauliflower Salad
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Glazed Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
About Angela MilnesAngela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!