Looking for a delicious and easy air fryer recipe? Look no further than this Air Fryer Cheesy Bread. It’s simple to make and packed with flavor. You’ll love how crispy and cheesy it is!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Pizza Dough Cheesy Bread
Air Fryer Cheesy Bread is a quick and easy recipe that uses pizza dough and an Air Fryer to make an amazing appetizer or side dish. It is perfect for parties or game day snacks.
This Air Fryer Cheesy Bread is crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. It is loaded with mozzarella cheese and Italian spices for a scrumptious flavor everyone will love. You can also add some Parmesan cheese on top for extra flavor. Or you could dip your cheese bread into Instant Pot Cheese Fondue.
Cheesy Bread Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need a few ingredients to make your homemade pizza dough as well as all the scrumptious toppings. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flour– Do not pack the flour. Instead scoop it into the measuring cup and level it off with a butter knife to get the perfect measurement. You will also need more for dusting and rolling the dough.
- Yeast– You will use dry yeast. Yeast helps the dough rise making it fluffy and delicious.
- Water– To activate the yeast and blend the flour, you’ll need warm water. Make sure it is 110℉.
- Sugar– Sugar is a food for your yeast. It gives it a boost to grow and multiply resulting in moist, fluffy dough.
- Olive oil– I use extra virgin olive oil, but you could also use canola oil or vegetable oil as well.
- Salt-Salt helps to combine the gluten in the dough. Without salt, the dough will rise faster than it should, leading to less flavor and a weak structure.
- Mozzarella cheese– I use shredded mozzarella cheese, but you could use cheddar, Pepper jack, or your favorite cheese.
- Italian seasoning– Italian seasoning gives your cheesy bread that garlic bread flavor that combines perfectly with the cheese.
- Butter– Set the butter out about 30-minutes prior to using to soften it. This makes it easier to spread on your dough.
How to Make Air Fryer Cheesy Bread
For this delicious cheesy bread, you’ll first need to make your pizza dough and let it proof. Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Prepare the Dough
First, add warm water to a large mixing bowl with the yeast. Stir and mix. Then, let the yeast proof for about 5-minutes.
Step 2: Add Sugar, Flour, Oil and Salt
Next, add the sugar, flour, olive oil, and salt to the yeast mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
Step 3: Knead the Dough
With a hook, knead the dough for about 5-minutes on medium speed. Or, knead the dough with your hands on a lightly floured surface for 10-minutes.
Step 4: Proof the Dough
Roll the dough into a large ball, and transfer it to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover the dough with a clean towel, and let it sit for about 2-hours or until it has doubled in size.
Step 5: Roll the Dough
Move the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide it into two sections. Then, roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is 8-inches in diameter.
Step 6: Transfer the Dough
Using 1 tablespoon of butter, grease your pie pan. Transfer your pizza dough to your pan. Press to flatten down on the bottom of the pan.
Step 7: Air Fry the Dough
With your air fryer preheated to 380°F, cook your dough for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Add Toppings
Once the dough is cooked, remove it and top with 1 tablespoon of butter, 3/4 cup of cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Spread everything evenly on top of the entire piece.
Step 9: Melt the Cheese
Place your cheesy bread back into the air fryer at 380°F for another 5 minutes. Slice into pieces.
Step 10: Repeat
Repeat steps 6-9 with the second cheesy bread.
Serve and Enjoy!
What kind of cheese can I use in this recipe?
You can use any type of shredded cheese that you like. I typically use mozzarella, but cheddar or Parmesan would also be delicious.
Can I use store-bought pizza dough?
Yes, you can! Just make sure to roll it out into an 8 inch diameter like you would with the homemade dough. Using pre-made pizza dough makes this recipe easier and faster.
Can I make Air Fryer Cheesy Bread ahead of time?
Unfortunately, this recipe is best made fresh and served immediately. Otherwise, the bread will become soggy from the sauce and cheese. However, you can prepare the dough ahead of time. Simply make the dough, cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake and assemble your cheesy bread.
How do I know when the Air Fryer Cheesy Bread is done?
The bread is done when the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the dough is golden brown and crispy.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cheesy Bread
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Copycat Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Pasta
- Easy Bake Bacon Alfredo
More Air Fryer Appetizers You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Looking for more?! Join our Facebook Group: Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners for more delicious air fryer and Instant Pot recipes!
- 3/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
Make the Dough
- When ready to cook your pizza, preheat your air fryer to 380°F.
- Add to a large bowl your warm water, and yeast. Stir and mix. Allow your yeast to proof for about five minutes.
- After the five minutes, add in your sugar, flour, olive oil, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Knead with the dough hook for about five minutes on medium speed if using a stand mixer. If using your hands, transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer your dough ball to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean towel for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
Assemble the Cheesy Bread
- Once your dough has doubled in size, remove your dough ball to a lightly floured surface. Divide your ball into two sections.
- Roll your dough using a rolling pin until it is 8 inches in diameter.
- Using 1 tablespoon of butter, grease your pie pan. Transfer your pizza dough to your pan. Press to flatten down on the bottom of the pan.
- With your air fryer preheated to 380°F, cook your dough for 5 minutes.
- Remove, and then top your dough with 1 tablespoon butter, 3/4 cup cheese, and 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 for your second cheesy bread.
- Serve and enjoy!
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!