If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner option, you’ll love this Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo. The Alfredo sauce is made with just a few ingredients, and the chicken and shrimp can be cooked right in the air fryer.
Easy Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
Chicken and shrimp Alfredo is a delicious, restaurant-quality meal that you can easily make at home. This dish features tender chicken breast and juicy shrimp, both of which are cooked in a rich Alfredo sauce. The sauce is made with garlic, butter, cream, and parmesan cheese. And it’s all served over a bed of fettuccine noodles.
Chicken and shrimp Alfredo is the perfect meal for a date night in or a special occasion. It’s sure to impress your guests, but it’s also easy enough to make on a weeknight. So the next time you’re looking for an impressive, yet easy-to-make, meal, give Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo a try!
Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need ingredients for the shrimp and chicken as well as ingredients for the sauce and pasta. Here’s what you’ll need:
Chicken and Shrimp
- Chicken– Use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs and dice it up into chunks.
- Shrimp– I like to use jumbo shrimp since it tends to shrink a little after it’s cooked, but you can use any type you like.
- Steak seasoning– I recommend investing in a good steak seasoning from your local butcher for best results.
- Butter– You will want to use unsalted butter. Set it out on the counter for about 30-minutes to soften.
- Heavy Cream– If you don’t have heavy cream, you can make it. To make 1 cup of heavy cream, melt 1/4 cup of butter and slowly whisk in 3/4 cup milk.
- Garlic minced– You can use fresh garlic cloves and mince them or you can buy already made minced garlic in a jar.
- Grated parmesan-Freshly grated parmesan is best, but you can use shredded parmesan cheese as well.
- Nutmeg– Nutmeg adds a unique flavor that combines everything for a delicious taste.
- White pepper– You can use white pepper, black pepper, or peppercorns for a little spice.
- Parsley-Use fresh parsley, chopped and diced for additional flavor.
- Pasta– Use your favorite fettuccini noodle or broccoli to serve over you chicken and shrimp Alfredo over.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
This air fryer chicken and shrimp can be on the table in just 35-minutes. Follow the steps below for a quick and easy dinner!
Step 1: PreP
Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil to ensure the chicken and shrimp do not stick.
Step 2: Season Chicken and Shrimp
Season the chicken and shrimp with steak seasoning, or your favorite spices. Then, place the chicken and shrimp in the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Air Fry the Chicken and Shrimp
Set the temperature for 350℉ and cook the chicken and shrimp for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 4: Prepare the Alfredo Sauce
While the chicken and shrimp are cooking, melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Then, add in the heavy cream. Stir to combine.
Step 5: Add Cheese and Garlic
Once the heavy cream has heated up add in garlic and parmesan cheese. A tip here is to add 1 c of parmesan cheese at a time to ensure all the parmesan has been incorporated.
Step 6: Add Spices
Once the parmesan cheese is melted and mixed, add in the nutmeg, white pepper and parsley. Stir to combine.
Step 7: Prepare the Pasta
Prepare your pasta over the stovetop, following the directions on the box, or saute some broccoli if you want a low carb meal.
Serve your chicken and shrimp Alfredo over the pasta or broccoli and Enjoy!
What Kind of Chicken Should I Use?
You can use any kind of chicken you like for this recipe, but boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best choice. Chicken thighs will also work well.
Can I Make Chicken and Shrimp Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can definitely make this dish ahead of time. Simply cook the pasta and chicken/shrimp according to directions, then store in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat everything in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through.
My sauce didn’t turn out creamy, what happened?
Sauces can curdle when they’re made with milk or cream and heated too quickly. If your sauce didn’t turn out creamy, it’s likely because the milk or cream was added too quickly or the sauce was heated too aggressively. To prevent this from happening, add the milk or cream slowly while whisking constantly. Alternatively, you can heat the sauce over low heat.
How to Store Leftovers
Chicken and shrimp Alfredo reheats well, so you can enjoy it again the next day. Let the dish cool completely before storing it in the fridge. Put the chicken and shrimp Alfredo in an airtight container. If you’re planning on reheating the dish, add a little extra milk or cream to prevent it from drying out. Chicken and shrimp Alfredo will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Huli Huli Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Cheesy Bread
- Air Fryer Shrimp And Alfredo
- Air Fryer Sweet n Sour Chicken
- Tasty And Delicious Taquitos
Looking for more?! Join our Facebook Group, Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!
Check out these Shrimp Cucumber Appetizers
- 2 chicken breast diced
- 1 lb shrimp
- Favorite steak seasoning I recommend investing in good seasoning at your butcher!
- ½ C Unsalted Butter
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 c grated parmesan
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Favorite fettuccine noodle or broccoli to serve over
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil to ensure the chicken and shrimp do not stick.
- Place chicken and shrimp in an air fryer and sprinkle with steak seasoning. If you don’t have any on hand another favorite of ours is garlic salt and black pepper.
- Air fry the chicken and shrimp at 350° for 20 minutes, until cooked.
- While that is cooking, melt butter in a medium size saucepan.
- Once the butter has completely melted add in the heavy cream, stir to combine.
- Once the heavy cream has heated up add in garlic and parmesan cheese. A tip here is to add 1 c of parmesan cheese at a time to ensure all the parmesan has been incorporated.
- Once the parmesan cheese is all nicely mixed together add in nutmeg, white pepper and parsley.
- Serve over your favorite pasta noodle or over broccoli if doing a keto/low carb diet.