These are the best ham and cream cheese pin wheels you will ever have! They are made with a delicious cream cheese and sour cream mixture, and then rolled up in flour tortillas with ham and chives. These pinwheels are perfect for any party or get-together, and they are always a hit!
What Are Pin wheels?
Pinwheels are a type of rolled up sandwich that is usually made with a flour tortilla, but can also be made with other types of bread.
They are often filled with meats, cheeses, vegetables, and sauces, and then rolled up and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Pinwheels are a great way to make a sandwich more fun, and they are also perfect for parties and gatherings because they can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature.
Classic Ham and CREAM Cheese Pinwheel Appetizer
Ham and cheese pinwheels are a classic flavor combination that is always a hit! The creaminess of the cheese pairs perfectly with the salty ham, and the tortillas make the perfect vessel for these delicious bites.
Ingredients For Ham And Cheese Pin wheels
Here are the ingredients for this easy pinwheels recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
How To Make Ham And Cream Cheese Pin wheels
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, chives, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Lay out each tortilla on a flat surface.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each tortilla.
4. Top with a layer of ham slices.
5. Roll up each tortilla tightly, and then wrap in plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
7. When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and cut each tortilla into 1-inch pinwheels.
8. Serve your ham and cream cheese pinwheels immediately.
Can I Make ham And CHeese Pinwheels in Advance?
Yes, these pinwheels can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Simply follow the recipe instructions up until step 6, and then store the rolled up tortillas in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
When you are ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and cut into 1-inch pinwheels. Serve immediately. These party pinwheels are sure to be a real hit on the buffet table at a wedding, baby shower or Christmas function.
How To Store Pin wheel Appetizers?
Leftover pinwheels can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. These make great lunchbox fillers for the kids, or a quick snack on the go!
Do I Need To Keep Ham And Cheese Pin wheels Cold?
Yes, it is best to keep these pinwheels refrigerated until you are ready to serve. The cream cheese filling can start to soften at room temperature, so it is best to keep them chilled.
- • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- • 1/2 cup sour cream
- • 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • Salt and pepper
- • 10 flour tortillas
- • 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, chives, garlic
powder, salt, and pepper.
Lay out each tortilla on a flat surface.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each tortilla
Top with a layer of ham slices.
Roll up each tortilla tightly, and then wrap in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and cut each tortilla into
Serve your ham and cream cheese pinwheels immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
If you are taking these pinwheels to a party or potluck, you can transport them in a cooler or insulated bag to keep them cold.
Instant Pot Cracked Chicken Pin wheels
If you want to make more than one combination of pinwheel appetizers then try these crack chicken pinwheels. They are delicious and everyone says they love them when I take them to a party.
Get the recipe for Instant Pot crack Chicken Pinwheels Here!
What Are Some Other Flavor Combinations For Pin wheels?
There are so many possibilities when it comes to flavor combinations for pinwheels! Here are a few other ideas:
-Chicken, bacon, and ranch pinwheels
-Turkey and Swiss cheese pinwheels
-Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
-Chicken Salad Pinwheels
-Roast beef and cheddar
-Dill pickle Pinwheels
-Vegetarian (try adding some chopped veggies and shredded cheese)
The sky is the limit when it comes to pinwheels, so get creative and come up with your own favourite combinations!
For More Great Recipes Try The Following:
- Cream Cheese Chicken Breast
- Delicious Air Fryer Citrus Butterfly Chicken
- Authentic Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma
- Best Cioppino Seafood Stew
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
- Best Desserts Using Maple
- Stuffed Avocado Recipes
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipes
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Best Pesto Recipes Online