Have you ever wanted to cook a chuck pot roast in the slow cooker that is full of flavor, but falls apart when you touch it? Well, this is the perfect recipe for you! This Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Beer is not only full of flavor, but it is also fall-apart tender.
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Pot Roast With Beer
- Deep, Savory Flavor: The beer lends a rich, unique taste to the classic pot roast.
- Minimal Effort: With the slow cooker doing the hard work, it’s easy to prepare.
- Comfort Food: This hearty dish is perfect for a cozy family meal or gathering.
Beer Pot Roast Ingredients
- Roast Chuck: This cut of beef is tender and flavorful, especially when slow-cooked.
- Large Onion: Adds a depth of flavor to the roast, enhancing its savory taste.
- Carrots: Provide a sweet contrast to the savory beef and absorb the flavors of the cooking liquid.
- Celery Stalks: Contribute a slightly salty, savory flavor and a crunchy texture.
- Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix: A convenient source of seasoning that gives the roast a rich, oniony flavor.
- Beer: Intensifies the flavor of the roast and tenderizes the meat as it cooks slowly.
- Beef Broth or Water: Helps to keep the roast moist and tender while adding to the overall flavor.
How to Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast With Beer?
Place your celery, onions, and carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Top your veggies with Lipton Onion soup mix.
Next, pour a beer over the top of your veggies along with a cup of beef broth.
Next, place your roast on top.
TIP: The beer will cook-off. However, if you don’t want to use a beer, simply use more beef broth or water.
You want to cover the vegetables and the roast.
Slow Cook on low for 6-8 hours until your roast is cooked through and tender.
Using two forks or a Mix N Chop, shred the roast.
Serve over mashed potatoes or with buttered bread!
What Goes With Pot Roast?
Wondering what to serve with pot roast? Here are some Pot roast sides you might love!
Mashed Potatoes and Pot Roast
Mashed potatoes are a great pairing when it comes to pot roast. They soak up all of the flavorful juices from the roast and veggies, making for a delicious and comforting meal.
Roasted Vegetables and Pot Roast
Another great option is to serve your pot roast with roasted vegetables. This is a great way to get your veggies in, and they pair well with the rich flavors of the pot roast.
Biscuits and Pot Roast
If you are looking for a carb to pair with your pot roast, biscuits are a great option. They are perfect for soaking up all of the delicious juices from the pot roast.
Pair Roast Potatoes With Your Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Roast potatoes are another great side dish to pair with your pot roast. They are simple to make, and they go well with the rich flavors of the pot roast.
Baked Sweet Potato
Baked sweet potatoes are a great way to get your veggies in, and they pair well with the flavors of your roast beef. Sweet potatoes are also a great source of fiber and vitamins A and C.
Green Beans and Pot Roast
Green beans are a great side dish to pair with your pot roast. They add color and variety to your main meal, and they are a great source of vitamins A and C.
Cauliflower Mash With Pot Roast
Cauliflower mash is a great low-carb option to pair with your pot roast. It’s a delicious and healthy alternative to mashed potatoes, and it pairs well with beef.
Hawaiian rolls are a great way to soak up all of the flavorful juices from your pot roast. They are also a great option for sandwiches the next day.
Now you know what side dishes go with pot roast, it’s time to cook this delicious and tender dish!
How to Store Slow Cooker Pot Roast?
Store roast beef in the fridge in an air-tight container. Reheat your pot roast in the microwave or on the stovetop until it is warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Cut of Meat for Pot Roast?
The best cuts of meat for pot roast are chuck roast, bottom round roast, or rump roast. This recipe used chuck roast beef which is a well-marbled cut of meat that is perfect for slow cooking.
What Pot Roast Seasoning Should I Use?
In this chuck roast recipe, we use a combination of dry onion soup mix and beer to create the best pot roast seasoning, but you could also use:
Wine: Helps to tenderize the meat and adds a depth of flavor that complements the richness of the roast.
Beef Broth: Forms the base of the liquid in which the roast cooks, providing a savory, meaty flavor that enhances the taste of the pot roast.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Balances the richness of the roast and adds a subtle tanginess to the dish.
Dijon Mustard: Brings a sharp, tangy element to the roast, complementing the other flavors and adding complexity to the dish.
Soy Sauce: Lends a deep umami flavor and saltiness to the roast, enhancing the overall savory profile of the dish.
Garlic Powder: Adds a warm, aromatic note that pairs well with the other ingredients and boosts the flavor of the pot roast.
Salt and Black Pepper: Are essential seasonings that enhance the natural flavors of the ingredients and balance the overall taste of the dish.
What Is Crock Pot Roast Lipton Onion Soup Mix?
Lipton onion soup mix is a dry onion soup mix that you can find in the seasoning aisle of your grocery store. It’s an easy way to add flavor to your chuck roast, and it pairs well with the beer in this recipe.
How Long Does It Take To Slow Cook Pot Roast?
You will need to cook this pot roast in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours. This makes for a very tender and flavorful pot roast that is perfect for a winter meal.
If you don’t have much time, you can switch this recipe to a pressure cooker and cook an Instant Pot Pot Roast much much faster.
How Long Is Roast Beef Good For?
This pot roast is best served fresh, but it will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Pot Roast?
Yes, you can freeze your pot roast for up to 3 months.
When storing your pot roast, be sure to place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. This will help to keep it fresh and prevent it from drying out.
- 3-5 lb roast chuck or whatever is on sale
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 4 large celery stalks diced
- 2 lipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 16 oz beer I used bud light
- 1 c beef broth or water
- Place your celery, onions and carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top your veggies with Lipton Onion soup mix.
- Next, pour a beer over the top of your veggies along with a cup of beef broth.
- Next, place your roast on top.
- TIP: The beer will cook off. However, if you don’t want to use a beer, simply use more beef broth or water. You want to cover the vegetables and the roast.
- Slow Cook on low for 6-8 hours until your roast is cooked through and tender.
- Using two forks or a Mix N Chop, shred the roast.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with buttered bread!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3207Total Fat: 204gSaturated Fat: 82gTrans Fat: 12gUnsaturated Fat: 110gCholesterol: 1089mgSodium: 1146mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 322g
A Slow Cooker Meal for Winter
This Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Beer is the perfect winter meal. It’s hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. The best part is that it can be made in the slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it. Serve your pot roast with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Check out our Instant Pot Recipes For College Students