This is a healthy black bean and corn salad recipe that is great for gastric bypass and gastric sleeve patients wanting to follow a high protein diet. Use this gastric sleeve recipe as a way to keep off those extra pounds!
Be sure to check out my Delicious And Tasty Bariatric Recipes That Gastric Bypass Patients Love for even more ideas!
This corn black bean salad is a high-protein salad that is loaded with flavor. It’s a great recipe to help you with healthy eating while not feeling as though you’re missing out on any flavors or tastes.
Why You’ll love this bean and corn salad recipe
- Fast and simple
- Perfect for a bariatric weight loss journey
- Flavorful and hearty!
Ingredients For Black Bean Corn Salad
- Black beans – You can cook your black beans by following this Instant Pot Black Bean Recipe here.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Greek yogurt
- Tomato sauce
How To Make Corn And Black Bean Salad In A Jar
Ready to find out how easy it is to make this simple salad? You’ll love the step-by-step directions below!
Step 1: Cook the beans
Cook the Black beans until tender and allow to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the veggies
Prepare and chop your vegetables.
Step 3: Add to the jar
Place your beans in the bottom of a jar.
Step 4: Mix the ingredients
Add to the bowl yogurt, tomato sauce. Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
Step 5: Pour the dressing
Pour the dressing over the beans.
Then next lay out the grated cheese and corn.
Add the chopped cherry and romaine lettuce.
Step 6: Serve
Serve or place in the fridge for later.
How long will this corn salad last in the fridge?
For the best flavor, I would say that this needs to be eaten within 2 days.
Can you add other vegetables to this black bean corn salad?
You can! As long as it’s part of your diet plan, add it. It also needs to go well with the rest of the veggies so keep that in mind, too.
I like to use veggies that are delicious raw so I really only have to focus on cooking a few. You can also use seasonal veggies or veggies from your own garden if you plant one!
Can you add spice to this Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe?
If you’d like! Fresh jalapenos are going to add a crunch and give off the perfect amount of heat as well. If you use pickled, it may be too strong of a flavor and not go well with the other ingredients.
Just be sure to try a little heat in one bite or portion so that you don’t ruin the whole jar if you don’t like the spice!
- Black beans ½ cup - You can cook your black beans by following this Instant Pot Black Bean Recipe here.
- Cherry tomatoes ½ cup
- Corn ½ cup
- Cheddar ¼ cup
- Romaine lettuce leaves 4
- Greek yogurt 1/3 cup
- Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
- Cook the Black beans until tender and allow to cool.
- Prepare and chop your vegetables.
- Place your beans in the bottom of a jar.
- Add to the bowl yogurt, tomato sauce. Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the beans.
- Then next lay out the grated cheese and corn.
- Add the chopped cherry and romaine lettuce.
- Serve or place in the fridge for later.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 949Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 148gFiber: 49gSugar: 11gProtein: 65g
More Bariatric Recipes
- Soft Food Meal Ideas That Are Perfect For Your Bariatric Breakfast
- Bariatric Recipes: Best Indian Curries
- The Best Bariatric Cookbooks For Successful Weight Loss
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!