This delicious and easy chicken mango salad recipe is a fantastic lunch or dinner recipe for anyone following the Weight Watchers healthy eating plan. With only 3 Weight Watchers points per serving, you will love this chicken salad recipe which can be cooked super quick in the Instant pot.
With the sweetness of mango and the tasty avocado, you will want to try this healthy chicken salad recipe for sure!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
The one thing I love about this Instant Pot chicken salad is the super speedy time it takes to cook the chicken breast under pressure. When cooking from fresh, the chicken breast will cook in as little as 3 minutes.
If you’re cooking your Instant Pot chicken breast from frozen then you will need to add a further 3 minutes to the cooking time. When I first got my Instant Pot, I was amazed that I could cook frozen chicken breast directly in my pressure cooker.
Cooking chicken breast from frozen in the Instant pot tastes just as good as fresh chicken. So, if you’ve been super busy and not had time to defrost your meat, you can still enjoy a healthy low point Weight Watchers salad.
Ingredients Needed For Your Chicken Mango Avocado Salad
For the chicken:
- 1 cup of chicken stock or broth (1 point)
- 1 pound of quality chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil (1 point)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Per each salad you’ll want the following:
- 2 cups of mixed spring greens
- ½ of a mango, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado (2 points)
- ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
How To Cook Chicken Breast In The Instant Pot
Start by heating the oil in the Instant Pot using the Sautee setting.
When hot, place the chicken in the pot, in a single layer and lightly brown each side for about 60 seconds, you can season the chicken at this time.
When you have finished browning the chicken, remove it from the pot for just a minute and deglaze the bottom of the pan using the chicken stock. You’ll find a ton of the flavor is there, so you won’t want to leave it just stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.
Now place the trivet that came with you IP inside and set the chicken on top.
Twist on the locking lid and cancel the Sautee setting.
Select the Manual setting for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breast.
When the cook time has finished and the pot beeps, let it Natural Pressure Release for 8 to 10 minutes (again, depending on the size and thickness of the breast).
Now release any remaining pressure manually-and carefully.
Let the chicken rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
How To Prep Your Weight Watchers Chicken Mango Salad
While the chicken is cooking, you can prepare the salad by washing, drying, slicing and putting everything together.
I prefer to wait until ready to serve and enjoy the salad before putting the chicken on top to make sure the greens don’t wilt.
You’re tasty and delicious 3 point mango chicken salad is ready to eat!
Looking for a deliciously creamy beef stroganoff recipe? This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is so simple to make right in your Instant Pot.
- 1-pound ground beef
- salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided, plus more as needed
- 1/2 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsps. cold water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz egg noodles, raw
- Set your instant pot to sauté mode. Once your pot is hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Brown your ground beef. Once browned, set aside.
- Add in one more tablespoon of oil and your butter. Once your butter is completely melted add in your mushrooms. Sauté them for about five minutes until they have softened and caramelized. Then set aside.
- If needed, add a tablespoon of oil. Add in your onions and sauté for about three minutes until they soften and caramelize. Add in your garlic and stir for another minute to release the flavors.
- Add in your beef broth and ground beef.
- Lock the lid in place enclosure pressure valve. Pressure cook on high for four minutes. Manually release when the time is done by opening the valve.
- In a separate small bowl mix together your cornstarch and water. Add to your instant pot.
- Turn your instant pot on cancel then sauté mode. Simmer and bring your gravy mixture to a boil.
- Add your sour cream and cooked mushrooms. Mix well.
- Add your egg noodles to your pot. Mix well so that each noodle is covered in the gravy mixture.
- Press cancel on your instant pot. With your noodles still raw, lock your lid in place and allow your noodles to cook in the sauce for about 10 minutes. Open your lid, and make sure your noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Once your noodles are cooked give it one more store and transfer to a bowl. Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 618mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 36g
Please pin this delicious weight watchers recipe. Don’t forget to visit our Weight Watchers category here on The Inspiration Edit. It’s full of fab recipes and advice.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!