Are you looking for a fast and easy dinner recipe? This Bacon Alfredo Pasta needs to be at the top of your list! Loaded with flavor, taste – and lots of yummy bacon! You’ll love creating a hearty meal in less than one hour of time!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Comfort Food: This Bacon Alfredo Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, rich and creamy.
- Quick and Easy: A perfect weeknight dinner that you can whip up in no time.
- Bacon Lovers’ Delight: The crispy bacon adds a wonderful texture and smoky flavor.
Bacon Alfredo Pasta – Ingredients
Just gather up the list of delicious ingredients below to get started.
- Penne Pasta: Serves as the base of the dish, its hollow center perfectly capturing the creamy sauce.
- Alfredo Sauce: Provides a rich, creamy, and savory flavor that coats the pasta.
- Sour Cream: Adds an extra layer of richness and a subtle tang to balance the heavy flavors.
- Bacon: Brings a smoky, salty, and crispy element, contrasting the creamy sauce and pasta.
- Ricotta: Enhances the creaminess and adds a slightly sweet, milky flavor to the dish.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent, aromatic note that deepens the overall flavor profile.
- Egg: Adds protein and helps bind the ingredients together for a cohesive dish.
- Parmesan: Introduces a nutty, salty flavor that elevates the overall taste.
- Parsley: Adds a fresh, herbaceous note that lightens the rich flavors.
- Mozzarella: Melts into the hot pasta and sauce, adding a stretchy, savory element.
- Bread Crumbs: Provide a crunchy texture contrast against the creamy pasta and sauce.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the dish, enhancing the flavors of all the other ingredients.
How to Make Alfredo Pasta With Bacon?
Cook the pasta to the state of al dente.
Fry the bacon slices in a dry frying pan until crispy, then crumble it.
Add crumbled bacon, sour cream, and Alfredo sauce to the pasta. Mix.
Mix the eggs with ricotta, salt, and pepper.
Add chopped parsley and minced garlic. Mix.
Add the grated parmesan and mix.
Add the egg-cheese mass into the paste. Mix.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
Bake in a preheated 180-degree oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese melts.
What To Eat With Alfredo?
Pasta is always my top choice when pairing anything with alfredo. You can also enjoy a nice slice of homemade bread to go along with your meal, too!
Don’t forget that when you’re eating pasta, a nice side dish of salad or a small bowl of soup would be yummy as well.
How to Store Leftovers
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers of this simple bacon alfredo pasta recipe, storing it for later is easy! Just add any leftovers to an airtight container and keep it nice and cool in the fridge. When you’re ready to reheat, you can use the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce is a creamy white sauce that is typically paired up with chicken, noodles or often used as a substitute for marinara sauce or even pizza sauce in certain dishes.
Is Alfredo Sauce Keto?
It can be! If you’re using store bought already sauce instead of making your own, check the store shelves and find one that will fit into your keto lifestyle.
Can You Freeze Alfredo Sauce?
While it’s technically able to be frozen, it’s not something that I would suggest doing. This is because alfredo sauce is a cream-based sauce that can separate while in the freezer.
How to Make Alfredo Sauce Thicker?
There are a few ways that you can thicken alfredo sauce. One way is to add a little bit of cream cheese to the mixture as you’re heating it up on the stove. The other options are to add in different types of shredded cheese or even put a little bit of cornstarch in it to thicken it up.
- Penne pasta - 400 g
- Alfredo sauce – 2 cups
- Sour cream – 8 oz
- Bacon – 8 slices
- Ricotta – 15 oz
- Garlic – 1 clove
- 2 egg
- Parmesan - ¼ cup
- Parsley – 3 sprigs
- mozzarella - ½ cup
- Bread crumbs - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Pepper - ¼ tsp
- Cook the pasta to the state of aldente.
- Fry the bacon slices in a dry frying pan until crispy, then crumble it.
- Add crumbled bacon, sour cream and Alfredo sauce to the pasta. Mix.
- Mix the eggs with ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped parsley and minced garlic. Mix.
- Add the grated parmesan and mix.
- Add the egg-cheese mass into the paste. Mix.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese melts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1629Total Fat: 116gSaturated Fat: 65gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 463mgSodium: 3133mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 68g
More Pasta Recipes
Love pasta? Who doesn’t?! Here are some other easy pasta recipes that you can easily do.