Are you looking for a fast and easy dinner recipe? This Bacon Alfredo Pasta needs to be at the top of your list! Loaded with flavor, taste – and lots of yummy bacon! You’ll love creating a hearty meal in less than one hour of time!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Is Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce is a creamy white sauce that is typically paired up with chicken, noodles or often used as a substitute for marinara sauce or even pizza sauce in certain dishes.
Is Alfredo Sauce Keto?
It can be! If you’re using storebought already sauce instead of making your own, check the store shelves and find one that will fit into your keto lifestyle.
Can You Freeze Alfredo Sauce?
While it’s technically able to be frozen, it’s not something that I would suggest doing. This is because alfredo sauce is a cream-based sauce that can separate while in the freezer.
How To Make Alfredo Sauce Thicker?
There are a few ways that you can thicken alfredo sauce. One way is to add a little bit of cream cheese to the mixture as you’re heating it up on the stove. The other options are to add in different types of shredded cheese or even put a little bit of cornstarch in it to thicken it up.
Bacon Alfredo Pasta – Ingredients
Just gather up the list of delicious ingredients below to get started.
- Penne pasta – Cook the pasta so that it’s al dente in texture.
- Alfredo sauce – Buy your favorite type of alfredo sauce at the store.
- Sour cream – This adds a nice richness to the dish.
- Bacon – You can use precooked bacon or fry it up.
- Ricotta – Adding ricotta is a great flavor enhancer.
- Egg – The egg helps to add some preotein and also act as a binding agent for the other ingredients.
- Parmesan – This is a simple way to add even more flavor to this dish.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley is delicious!
- Mozzarella – You can also use any type of shredded cheese.
- Bread crumbs – The bread crumbs on top add a delicious texture but can be optional.
- Salt – To taste.
- Pepper – To taste.
How to make alfredo pasta with bacon
Cook the pasta to the state of al dente.
Fry the bacon slices in a dry frying pan until crispy, then crumble it.
Add crumbled bacon, sour cream, and Alfredo sauce to the pasta. Mix.
Mix the eggs with ricotta, salt, and pepper.
Add chopped parsley and minced garlic. Mix.
Add the grated parmesan and mix.
Add the egg-cheese mass into the paste. Mix.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
Bake in a preheated 180-degree oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese melts.
What To Eat With Alfredo?
Pasta is always my top choice when pairing anything with alfredo. You can also enjoy a nice slice of homemade bread to go along with your meal, too!
Don’t forget that when you’re eating pasta, a nice side dish of salad or a small bowl of soup would be yummy as well.
How To Store Leftovers
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers of this simple bacon alfredo pasta recipe, storing it for later is easy! Just add any leftovers to an airtight container and keep it nice and cool in the fridge. When you’re ready to reheat, you can use the microwave.
- Penne pasta - 400 g
- Alfredo sauce – 2 cups
- Sour cream – 8 oz
- Bacon – 8 slices
- Ricotta – 15 oz
- Garlic – 1 clove
- 2 egg
- Parmesan - ¼ cup
- Parsley – 3 sprigs
- mozzarella - ½ cup
- Bread crumbs - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Pepper - ¼ tsp
- Cook the pasta to the state of aldente.
- Fry the bacon slices in a dry frying pan until crispy, then crumble it.
- Add crumbled bacon, sour cream and Alfredo sauce to the pasta. Mix.
- Mix the eggs with ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped parsley and minced garlic. Mix.
- Add the grated parmesan and mix.
- Add the egg-cheese mass into the paste. Mix.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese melts.
More Pasta Recipes
Love pasta? Who doesn’t?! Here are some other easy pasta recipes that you can easily do.