Are you looking for the best food gifts for Christmas?
The holiday season is just around the corner, and now is the perfect time to start thinking about what Christmas food gifts to give your loved ones. In our humble opinion, there is no better gift than the gift of good food – it really is the secret to everyone’s heart!
From homemade jams to freshly baked treats to chocolate candies you can whip up in under 15 minutes, we’ve rounded up the best easy-to-make Christmas recipes that make fantastic gifts.
The Joy of Making Homemade Food Gifts
There’s something truly special about giving someone a handmade gift. It shows that you’ve put time, effort and love into creating something unique for them. Not to mention the added bonus of being able to customize the flavors and ingredients based on their preferences.
So why not spread some joy this Christmas by making delicious homemade food gifts? We promise it will be worth the effort when you see the joy on your loved one’s face as they take a bite of your tasty creation. You can make something for everyone on your list! Christmas gifting has never been more fun!
Let’s start with a classic Christmas recipe: chocolate peppermint bark.
Peppermint bark is one of my favorite food gifts and one I remember making with fondness as a child.
This Christmas treat is as simple as melting two types of chocolates (dark and white) and chopping up some candy canes.
Start by melting some quality dark chocolate in the microwave or on the stove, spreading it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Next, just let the bark cool and harden. Next, melt the white chocolate and pour it over its dark counterpart. While the white chocolate is still soft, sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top.
Finally, once everything is set, break the treat into pieces and pack them up in tins or boxes.
Other Christmas Bark Variations
If your lucky recipient loves nuts, consider making this delicious chocolate bark with hazelnuts! Or try making bark with dried fruits as a fun food gift. Your family will love a sweet treat on Christmas Day and this recipe is budget friendly for your gift basket.
Cranberry Orange Bread
If your family member is a bread lover, they’re guaranteed to appreciate this homemade bread with a twist!
For delicious cranberry orange bread, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, fresh cranberries, and orange zest.
Mix your dry and wet ingredients separately, then bring them together. Add cranberries and orange zest, bake until golden brown, and let it cool.
Finally, wrap it up in some festive cellophane, tie it with a ribbon, and you’ve got a mouthwatering gift. Grab some gifting baskets and hey presto!
You can never go wrong with the classic gingerbread cookies! For this one, you’ll need all-purpose flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, butter, molasses, sugar, and an egg.
My daughter loves to bake Ginger bread men, at Christmas you can cut out ginger bread men and simply turn them upside down to make them into reindeers! Now that’s a fun idea. You could also make gingerbread stars, trees or angels. It’;s a great gift for your sweet tooth family member and easy to make.
To Make Ginger Bread Cookies
First, mix your dry ingredients and then combine them with the wet ones. Roll out the dough, cut it into festive shapes, bake, and decorate with royal icing. Once they’ve cooled, pop them into decorative tins or bags.
Ginger bread cookies not only make great homemade food gifts, they can be a great crowd pleaser at a holiday party.
Fudge is another indulgent Christmas classic that everyone loves. Luckily, it’s also incredibly easy to make.
I made fudge every year with my Mum at Christmas and enjoyed cutting it into squares and wrapping it up as part of our Christmas gift basket.
So Many Fudge Recipes to Choose From
Just create a batch of your favorite fudge recipe – whether it’s classic chocolate, peanut butter, or pecan pie fudge – and cut it into small squares. Then, place them in a decorative tin so they look as wonderful as they taste!
For something a little bit different, make a large batch of your favorite jam or jelly. We recommend cranberries and strawberries for your fruits and some orange zest and cinnamon for that kick.
Once you’re done, decant the jam into small glass jars. Attach a label with a sweet message, and your friends can enjoy a taste of your homemade goodness on their morning toast. Try our Instant Pot Jam recipe here!
Extra Tips for Unforgettable Christmas Gifts
- Homemade is Best, So Always Make It Yourself: Whether you’re gifting simple or elaborate Christmas treats and snacks, always make them yourself. Not only are homemade edible gifts labor of love, but they’re also more unique and, let’s face it, tastier than their store-bought counterparts.
- Be Considerate of Your Giftee’s Allergies and Sensitivities: If your recipient has some dietary restrictions or allergies, make sure you tailor your recipe accordingly. If you’re not sure whether they have some food sensitivities, ask them before you start making anything!
- Feature Your Favorite Christmas Bakes on Holiday Cards: If you want to show your loved ones the tasty delights they can expect for Christmas, consider featuring your favorite bakes on your holiday cards. Create your holiday photo cards with a picture of your creations or a warm holiday kitchen scene to set the mood and add a personal touch to your holiday greetings.
- Dress Up Your Creations the Right Way: Presentation matters, so use nice wrappings, tins, boxes, and ribbons to make your homemade gifts as good as they taste. Beautiful packaging can glam up even the simplest edible gifts!
- Create A Charcuterie Board: If you’re invited to a Christmas gathering consider making a Christmas charcuterie with cheese, fruit, crackers, bacon, pretzels, fudge, pears, pastries, muffins and more.. Fill it will an assortment of gifts and use those printable holiday cards to make it stand out!
More Christmas Food Gift Ideas to Make
If you haven’t found the idea homemade christmas treat to make as a gift, then you might want to try one fo the following:
- Christmas Cookies in a jar
- Festive snack mix
- Homemade granola
- Fudge brownies
- Flavored popcorn
- Candied Nuts
- Nutmeg Ice cream
- Chocolate Truffles
Make the Best Homemade Christmas Gifts in Your Kitchen
Making your own homemade Christmas treats and snacks is a great way to spread the holiday cheer. Plus, it’s a fun activity that you can share with your loved ones. So put on some festive music, gather up your ingredients, and get ready to create tasty gifts straight from your kitchen! Happy Holidays! Happy Baking!