Indulge your taste buds in our Pumpkin Crunch Cake! This treat blends spiced pumpkin with a heavenly crunch for a bite-sized taste of autumn joy. Satisfy your cravings with each moist, flavorful slice – If you love pumpkin desserts then you’ll love this pumpkin dream!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Tropical Twist: This Pumpkin Crunch Cake brings a taste of Hawaii to your kitchen.
- Seasonal Delight: A perfect way to incorporate pumpkin into your fall and winter baking.
- Crunchy and Creamy: Enjoy the harmonious texture mix of crunchy topping and creamy filling.
- Pumpkin Puree: Aka Pumpkin pie filling. Gives your cake a rich, moist texture and a deliciously earthy, autumnal flavor.
- Evaporated Milk: Adds depth and creaminess to your cake, enhancing the texture and flavor of the pumpkin.
- Eggs: Act as the binding agent in your cake, helping to hold all the ingredients together while also contributing to its structure and rise.
- White Sugar: Balances out the natural earthiness of the pumpkin and the tanginess of the evaporated milk.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This warming blend of spices perfectly complements the pumpkin, giving your cake that classic fall flavor.
- Salt: Enhances all the other flavors in your cake, making them even more delicious.
- Yellow Cake Mix: Is a great shortcut that saves you time while ensuring your cake has the perfect texture and a sweet, vanilla flavor.
- Chopped Pecans: Add a delightful crunch to your cake, their nutty flavor pairing beautifully with the pumpkin and spices.
- Melted Butter: Contributes to the moist, rich texture of your cake and helps bind the cake mix and pecans into a flavorful topping.
- Frozen Whipped Topping (Thawed): Adding this on top enhances your cake with a light and creamy contrast, making each bite irresistible.
How to Make Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees°. Lightly grease one 9×13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Mix well and then spread into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Do not mix!
Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the top of the cake, then drizzle melted butter or margarine on top.
Bake the Pumpkin crunch cake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until done.
Top with cool whip when ready to serve.
There are a few different ways that you can make this crunch cake recipe even more delicious. One option is to add a layer of chocolate ganache.
Another option is to add a layer of dulce de leche or caramel sauce on top of the cake. You could also opt for cream cheese if you prefer this to cool whip.
Lastly, you could top it with a layer of fruit like strawberries or raspberries.
Whichever way you choose to enjoy it, we know that you’ll love this Hawaii Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe! Be sure to learn how to freeze pumpkin too. Frozen pumpkin can come in handy for baking tasty treats,
The best way to store Crunch Cake is in the fridge. Simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminium foil and it will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
What to Serve With This Recipe?
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream:
- Creamy and cool, the vanilla undertones complement the warm spices of the pumpkin crunch cake.
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- Lightly sweetened and infused with cinnamon, it adds a delightful twist to every bite.
- Maple Glazed Pecans:
- Candied pecans provide a crunchy contrast, and the hint of maple enhances the autumn flavors.
- Ginger-Spiced Fruit Salad:
- A refreshing medley of seasonal fruits with a touch of ginger for a zesty kick.
- Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots:
- Sweet and caramelized, these carrots add a savory element to balance the dessert’s sweetness.
- Apple Cranberry Chutney:
- Tangy and slightly tart, this chutney brings a burst of fruity goodness to the plate.
- Warm Spiced Pear Compote:
- Soft, spiced pears offer a warm and comforting side that pairs perfectly with the cake.
- Chai-Spiced Rice Pudding:
- Creamy rice pudding with chai spices adds a cozy and aromatic companion to the pumpkin crunch cake.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, we know that you’ll love this Hawaii Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Crunch Cake?
Crunch Cake is a dessert that originates from Hawaii. It consists of a layer of cake, followed by a layer of whipped cream, and then topped with a layer of crunchy graham crackers or pecans. The result is a delicious and unique cake that is sure to please any sweet tooth!
Do I Have to Use Graham Crackers for Crunch Cake?
No, you don’t have to use graham crackers for Crunch Cake. You can use any type of crunchy cookie or nut that you like. Pecans work great and that’s what we use in this delicious Hawaiian pumpkin crunch cake recipe.
Can I Make Crunch Cake Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make Crunch Cake ahead of time. Simply bake the cake and then store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. When you’re ready to serve, simply top with the whipped cream and crumbs.
Can I Use Pumpkin Pie Filling In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use pumpkin pie filling as a substitute for pumpkin puree in this recipe. However, keep in mind that pumpkin pie filling is usually sweetened and already contains spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Adjust the sugar and spice quantities in your recipe accordingly to avoid over-sweetening or over-spicing the final dish.
Can I Use Fresh Pumpkin In This Recipe?
Certainly! You can use fresh pumpkin in the recipe as a substitute for canned pumpkin puree. To do so, peel and dice the fresh pumpkin, then cook or steam it until it’s tender. Afterward, mash or puree the cooked pumpkin to achieve a texture similar to canned pumpkin puree. Using fresh pumpkin can add a slightly different flavor and texture to your dish, providing a more homemade touch to your recipe. Try our homemade pumpkin puree recipe here.
Can I Omit The Pecans?
Certainly! If you’re not a fan of pecans or have a preference to omit them, feel free to do so. You can still enjoy the essence of the recipe without pecans, and it won’t significantly impact the overall outcome.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees°. Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well and then spread into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Do not mix! Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted margarine.
Bake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until done. Top with whipped topping when ready to serve.
There are a few different ways that you can make this crunch cake recipe even more delicious. One option is to top it with a layer of chocolate ganache.
Another option is to add a layer of dulce de leche or caramel sauce. And lastly, you could top it with a layer of fruit like strawberries or raspberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g