This super cute heart shaped pizza is the perfect Valentine’s pizza for the one you love. The pizza starts with a red-sauce base and is topped with mozzarella cheese and other tasty ingredients perfect for your special someone.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Romantic Twist: A heart-shaped pizza adds a fun, loving touch to your Valentine’s meal.
- Personalized Toppings: Customize with your partner’s favorite ingredients for a truly special dinner.
- Easy and Delicious: This recipe is simple to follow, yet results in scrumptious pizza.
Ingredients for Heart Shaped Valentines Pizza
Here are the ingredients needed to make your heart-shaped pizza.
- Warm Water: Activates the yeast, starting the proofing process for the dough.
- Flour: Provides the structure for the pizza dough, creating a canvas for your toppings.
- Instant Yeast: Helps the dough rise, creating a light and airy pizza crust. (We use SAF Instant Yeast)
- Sugar: Feeds the yeast, aiding in the dough’s rise, and adds a hint of sweetness to balance the flavors.
- Salt: Enhances the flavors of the other ingredients and gives the dough a savory taste.
- Olive Oil: Enriches the dough, providing a subtle fruity flavor and a tender texture.
- Tomato Paste or Pizza Sauce: Acts as the base layer, offering a tangy sweetness that complements the cheese and other toppings.
- Cheese: Melts over the pizza, adding a creamy, savory element that ties all the flavors together.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Add a burst of juicy sweetness, giving contrast to the savory elements.
- Basil Leaves: Contribute a fresh, peppery flavor, elevating the overall taste and adding a pop of color.
How to Make Heart Shaped Pizza?
Here is a step-by-step guide for making heart-shaped pizza. This recipe will make a deep dish pizza dough rather than thin crust pizzas.
Step One: Make Pizza Dough
In a large bowl combine the water, olive oil, salt, sugar and yeast. Mix the ingredients and add the flour using a sift.
Step Two: Knead the Dough
Knead the dough. The dough should be soft and not sticky in your hands.
Step Three: Place Pizza Dough in Bowl
Shape your Pizza dough into a ball. Grease a bowl and place the dough into the bowl.
Cover with cling film and make 3-4 holes with toothpicks. Leave the dough in a warm place for 45 minutes.
Step Four: Cut Tomatoes
Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and set aside.
Step Five: Roll Out Heart Shaped Dough
Line a baking tray with baking paper and roll out the dough into a circle. Then cut out to form a heart shape.
Step Six: Cover With Tomato Paste or Sauce
Spread sauce or tomato paste across your heart-shaped pizza dough.
Step Seven: Add Cheese and Tomatoes
Add grated cheese to your Valentine’s Pizza and place the tomatoes on top of the cheese.
Step Eight: Bake Valentines Pizza
Bake your heart-shaped pizza in the oven at a temperature of 350°F. The pizza should bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Step Nine: Garnish and Serve Heart Shaped Pizza
Transfer your delicious pizza to a plate, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
You can customize your heart-shaped pizza however you want. Feel free to add other toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, onions and more.
Heart Shaped Tomatoes
You could turn your tomatoes into hearts for a cuter presentation. Simply slice the tomatoes in half and make them look like little hearts.
Heart Shaped Pepperoni
Cut pepperoni into cute hearts and place the pepperoni hearts onto your pizza.
Enjoy Your Valentine’s Pizza!
No matter who you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with this year, this homemade heart-shaped pizza will surely be a hit. Enjoy!
What to Serve With Pizza?
If you are serving this heart-shaped pizza as part of Valentine’s dinner, why not pair it with one or more of these dishes:
- A Heart-Shaped Salad
- Garlic Knots
- Garlic Bread
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Vegetables
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- A Bottle Of Wine or Champagne
- Hershey’s Triple Chocolate Brownie
Enjoy this special day with your loved ones and share the love with a yummy heart-shaped pizza. May your day be filled with lots of love and delicious food. Happy Valentines Day! Thank
Best Valentines Desserts to Go With Valentines Pizza
Forget the round table pizza, try a heart-shaped pizza today with one of these desserts:
No Time to Cook? Get Heart Shaped Pizzas From the Following Places
- Mountain Mikes Pizza
- Pizza Hut
- Papa Johns
- Marco’s Pizza
- Papa Murphy’s
- Buca Di Beppo
- The Southern California Pizza Kitchen
- Peter Piper Pizza
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza
Try Making Heart Shaped Pies
If you love these heart-shaped pizzas then try a heart-shaped pie or heart-shaped pastie with pizza ingredients inside!
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Here are some more easy recipes to enjoy making:
- Instant Pot Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Chimichangas
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Jalapeno Corn Dip
- Air Fryer Chimichangas
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Pizza
- Ham And Cheese Egg Cups
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Valentine Pizzas?
A Valentines Pizza is a unique and creative way to show your love on Valentine’s day or date night. It simply is a regular pizza where the dough is heart-shaped instead of round.
Who Has Heart-Shaped Pizzas for Valentine’s Day?
Most pizza places such as Pizza Hut, Fresh Brothers and Papa John’s offer heart-shaped pizzas for a limited time around Valentine’s Day. Many Chicago-style pizza chain restaurants also have unique recipes that they only make during the special season.
Many places offer pre-made heart-shaped pizzas with either red sauce or white sauce as the base, however, the best heart-shaped pizzas is homemade Pizza made with love. Why buy heart-shaped pizza when you can make it homemade?