I don’t know about you, but there’s just something about southern food that makes my taste buds water. Creamy and delicious, these Alabama white sauce chicken sliders are my go to southern comfort food.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Are Alabama Chicken Sliders?
Instant Pot Alabama chicken sliders are a delicious twist on pulled chicken sandwiches. Chicken breasts are pressure cooked, shredded and tossed with an Alabama white sauce that’s packed with a whole new flavor.
What Is Alabama White Sauce?
Many people have come to love the flavor of Alabama white sauce. It can be described as a creamy version of ranch dressing with an almost tartar-like taste. To some, it’s so addictive that they love it on everything from salads and hamburgers to french fries and seafood.
What Does Alabama White Sauce Taste Like?
Alabama white sauce is creamy, with a slight sweet taste that is very tangy and has a little spice.
Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Slider Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need quite a few ingredients. Most of which are what make the delicious white sauce! Here’s a snippet of what you need:
- Chicken breasts: I find boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best since you need to shred the chicken.
- Broth: I like to cook all my meats in broth because it makes it juicier. However, you can use water instead.
- Worcestershire sauce: This sauce adds a little bit of every flavor. It’s sour from the vinegar, sweet from the molasses, and salty from the soy sauce.
- Mayonnaise: Not only does it add a little flavor, but it helps to thicken up your sauce.
- Buttermilk: If you don’t have buttermilk, you can always add vinegar or lemon juice to milk to make it.
- Horseradish: This really spices up the sauce.
For a full list of exact ingredients, please scroll to the bottom. The exact ingredients can be found in the recipe card!
How to Make Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders
This recipe is super easy to make, and I am sure the whole household will love it! Follow the steps below for an easy dinner tonight:
Step 1: Pressure Cook the Chicken
First, add the large boneless chicken breasts and broth to the inner pot. Then, place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to the “sealing” position, press “pressure cook” or “manual,” and set the time for 40 minutes.
Step 2: Quick Release your instant pot
Then, flip the valve to the “venting” position to release the pressure. Next, drain the juice from the pot and shred the chicken. The chicken should shred easily.
Step 3: Make the Alabama white Sauce
In a medium bowl, whisk all the rest of the ingredients together for the sauce. You can place the Alabama white sauce in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Step 4: Serve YOUR CHICKEN SLIDERS
Place chicken on the slider bun and pour the alabama white sauce over the top, covering with the top slider bun.
Why Do I Need to Pressure Cook the Chicken So Long?
To make chicken sliders, you will need to shred the chicken. Allowing the chicken to pressure cook for 40 minutes makes it easier to shred the chicken when it is done.
Tips and Tricks
Along the way, I have learned some tips and tricks to perfect this recipe. Keep the following in mind as you make it:
- Make the sauce while chicken cooks. To save time, go ahead and make the sauce while your chicken is in the Instant Pot.
- Whisk sauce well. You don’t want any lumps in your sauce so make sure you whisk it really well.
- Mix chicken and sauce. Instead of topping the chicken with the sauce, I have found that it’s more flavorful when the sauce is mixed in with the shredded chicken.
Side Ideas for Your Chicken sliders
Not sure what to serve with these delicious Alabama Chicken sliders? Here are some of my favorite side options:
Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders is a southern food that will surely love by whole family.
- 4 to 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slider Buns
- Place the chicken in the instant pot. Add 1 cup water or chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position.
- Press pressure cook or manual button. Set cook time for 40 minutes. This allows the chicken to shred easily from large boneless chicken breasts.
- Once the instant pot stops counting release the pressure.
- Drain the juice from the pot and shred the chicken.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl for the sauce. Whisk well making sure there is no lumps.
- Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Place chicken on the solder bun and pour the alabama white sauce over the top and top with top slider bun.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 687mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken can be used in so many different recipes! From Chinese to Mexican, here are some of my other favs:
- Chinese Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Indian Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice
- Instant Pot Poached Chicken
Did you like these Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders? If so, please pin this post to Pinterest for others to enjoy. Remember, sharing is caring!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!