Discover the magic of Instant Pot Boneless Ham – a hassle-free recipe delivering succulence and flavor in every bite. Elevate your meals effortlessly with this juicy, perfectly glazed centerpiece, designed to impress. Let your Instant Pot redefine simplicity and taste!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Instant Pot Boneless Ham is one recipe that you can come back to time and again.
- Effortless Elegance: Achieve a gourmet centerpiece with minimal effort, thanks to the simplicity of this Instant Pot Boneless Ham recipe.
- Juicy Perfection: Experience a ham that’s moist, tender, and bursting with flavor, showcasing the magic of pressure cooking in every slice.
- Versatile Flavor: Tailor the glaze to your taste, offering a range of flavor profiles from sweet and savory to tangy, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Boneless Ham
- Bone less Ham:Versatile for your preferred slicing style, ensuring a perfect ham experience.
- Brown Sugar: Adds rich sweetness, creating a delectable caramelized crust for enhanced flavor.
- Pineapple Chunks in Juice: Infuses natural sweetness, contributing to a succulent and tender texture, elevating the taste.
How to Make Boneless Ham in the Instant Pot?
Here are your step by step instructions for cooking Instant Pot boneless ham.
Step One: Place Ham Into Inner Pot
Place the ham into the Instant Pot inner pot cut side down. Press the brown sugar into the sides of the ham pouring the pineapple and juice and chunks around the ham.
Step Two: Pressure Cook Ham
Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Step Three: Quick Release Pressure
Once the pressure cooking time is complete, perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid once the pressure has been released.
Step Four: Slice And Serve
Slice the ham, if needed, prior to serving.
If a glaze is desired, switch the electric pressure cooker to “saute” mode after removing the ham and pineapple chunks. Bring the juices to a boil and simmer, stirring as needed, until the liquid is reduced by half. Serve over the ham.
- Maple Dijon Glaze: Swap the brown sugar for a blend of maple syrup and Dijon mustard, creating a sweet and tangy glaze.
- Honey and Mustard Twist: Drizzle honey and mix with Dijon mustard for a delightful balance of sweetness and savory notes.
- Citrus Zest Infusion: Enhance the glaze with citrus zest—orange or a mix of lemon and lime—for a refreshing, zesty kick.
- Cranberry Orange Glaze: Create a festive twist by incorporating cranberry sauce and orange juice into the glaze.
What To Serve With Boneless Ham
- Scalloped Potatoes: Creamy and cheesy scalloped potatoes complement the savory ham, creating a comforting and indulgent side.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes, for a flavorful and nutritious accompaniment.
- Garlic Butter Green Beans: Sauté green beans in garlic butter for a simple yet delicious side that adds a touch of freshness to the meal.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Mashed sweet potatoes, seasoned with cinnamon and a hint of maple syrup, offer a sweet and velvety pairing.
- Mustard Glazed Carrots: Glaze carrots with a tangy mustard dressing, providing a vibrant and zesty contrast to the ham.
- Cranberry Sauce: A classic pairing, cranberry sauce adds a sweet and tart element that complements the richness of the ham.
- Spinach Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette: A refreshing spinach salad topped with a warm bacon vinaigrette adds a crisp and savory component.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Creamy macaroni and cheese serve as a comforting and indulgent side dish, balancing the savory ham.
- Honey Glazed Carrots: Honey-glazed carrots offer a sweet and caramelized side that enhances the overall flavor experience.
- Pear and Walnut Salad: A light salad featuring pears, walnuts, and a vinaigrette provides a refreshing contrast to the hearty ham.
How Long Can You Keep Boneless Ham In The Fridge?
Store leftover boneless ham in the refrigerator in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. It can be safely stored for up to 3-4 days, ensuring its freshness and quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use A Bone-In Ham For This Recipe?
While boneless ham is recommended for simplicity, you can adapt the recipe for a bone-in ham by adjusting cooking times accordingly.
Can I Prepare The Glaze Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely, prepare the glaze in advance and store it in the refrigerator for convenience.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple Instead Of Canned?
Yes, feel free to use fresh pineapple; adjust quantities as needed for the glaze.
Can I Freeze The Cooked Ham For Later Use?
Yes, freeze leftover ham in airtight containers for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Can I Double The Glaze For Extra Flavor?
Certainly, adjust the glaze quantities to suit your taste preferences and the size of the ham.
- ½ boneless ham, sliced or not
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- Place the ham into the Instant Pot inner pot cut side down. Press the brown sugar into the sides of the ham pouring the pineapple and juice and chunks around the ham.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking time is complete, perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid once the pressure has been released.
- Slice the ham, if needed, prior to serving.
If a glaze is desired, switch the electric pressure cooker to “Saute” mode after removing the ham and pineapple chunks. Bring the juices to a boil and simmer, stirring as needed, until the liquid is reduced by half. Serve over the ham.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 0gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g
More Instant Pot Recipes
Did you enjoy this fun Instant Pot recipe? You may also love the following posts: