If you are looking for a delicious soup that can be made in as little as 10 minutes, you have come to the right page. This Carrot Bisque Soup Recipe is one the whole family will enjoy and you can have it on the table in 10 minutes using your Instant Pot. With freshly chopped carrots, leeks, chicken, and ginger, you won’t be able to put this soup down.
Why Do I Love Pressure Cooker Carrot Bisque Soup Recipe
One of my favorite things to use in the kitchen is my Instant Pot. Not only does it make getting dinner on the table quicker, but it makes my dishes more delicious. The Instant Pot perfectly cooks this Carrot Bisque Soup filling your home with sweet aromas of garlic, onion, ginger, and chicken.
Ingredients for Carrot Bisque Soup
- Olive Oil: Used to sauté the vegetables, it adds richness and depth of flavor.
- Carrots: The star ingredient, providing a natural sweetness and vibrant color to the bisque.
- Leeks: Adds a mild onion-like flavor that enhances the overall taste of the soup.
- Garlic: Imparts a savory element that complements the sweet carrots and smoky paprika.
- Smoked Paprika: Gives the soup a smoky flavor that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the carrots.
- Chicken Broth: Serves as the liquid base of the soup, adding a savory depth of flavor.
- Pureed Ginger: Introduces a warm spice note that pairs well with the sweet carrots and smoky paprika.
- Butter: Enriches the soup, giving it a velvety texture and enhancing its flavor.
- Cream: Adds a luxurious creaminess to the bisque, making it even more satisfying.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhance all the other flavors in the soup.
How To Make Carrot Bisque Soup?
1. Set the saute function on your Instant Pot for five minutes. Once the Instant Pot warms, add olive oil and warm before adding your carrots and leeks saute for 3-4 minutes before adding in your garlic, saute an additional 30 seconds.
2. Add in the smoked paprika, chicken broth, and ginger. Close and seal the lid, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
3. Once 10 minutes are up, set for a quick release.
4. When Instant Pot depressurizes, allow soup to cool slightly before carefully pulsing soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Leeks?
When I first started really cooking, I didn’t really know what a leek was. I tended to steer clear of recipes that involved leeks. But, what I realized is that the recipes that utilized leeks were actually bursting with flavor.
Leeks add a sweet onion flavor like green onions only on steroids. Their mild flavor and ease of preparation make the vegetable a great addition to soups, casseroles, and white meat entrees.
Leeks are members of the Allium family. They are bulbous vegetables with white flesh and leafy green tops. The bulb is not round just larger than normal.
You will find that leeks are one of the more expensive onion varieties that you can find at the store. They are very desirable due to their mild flavor.
Needless to say, you will find that leeks add a delectable flavor to your dishes and this carrot Bisque Soup Recipe is sure to be better because you use them.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon of pureed ginger
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Set the saute function on your Instant Pot for five minutes. Once the Instant Pot warms, add olive oil and warm before adding your carrots and leeks saute for 3-4 minutes before adding in your garlic, saute an additional 30 seconds.
Add in the smoked paprika, chicken broth, and ginger. Close and seal the lid, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Once 10 minutes are up, set for a quick release.
When Instant Pot depressurizes, allow soup to cool slightly before carefully pulsing soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and serve.
Can be blended in a blender or food processor if there is no hand blender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Try This Veggie Delight! Instant Pot Carrot Bisque Soup With Leek
You can get veggies in with your daily food when you whip up this delicious Instant Pot Carrot Bisque Soup recipe! Your family will keep asking you to make it over and over again, and it’ll be on your Family Favorites list for all time now!
Let us know – did you try it? Share in the comments!
If you liked this recipe, check out my Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup for a delicious and easy family dinner.
Did you enjoy this fun with this Carrot Bisque Soup Recipe? You may also love the following posts:
- The Best Instant Pot Black Bean Chili
- Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots Recipe
- The Best Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Carbonara