Finding the perfect Valentine’s Day gift can be tough, but when it’s made from the heart, it’s better than any store bought gift around. This Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. Not only are you showing your love through actions, but who doesn’t love chocolate?!
If your loved one doesn’t like chocolate cake, try one of our 31 Instant Pot Dessert Recipes, instead.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Decadent Dessert: This recipe delivers a rich, moist chocolate cake that melts in your mouth.
- Efficient Baking: The Instant Pot ensures even cooking for a perfectly baked cake every time.
- Easy and Quick: With simple ingredients and steps, this cake is a breeze to prepare.
Why Make Instant Pot Chocolate Cake?
The Instant Pot is an amazing tool to have in the kitchen and it makes all types of recipes easier. When using the Instant Pot, you can save time and energy by not having to preheat your oven or stand over a stove cooking – instead, set it and forget it!
Plus, making this cake doesn’t require any special skills or extra equipment, which makes it great for beginners.
Making Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is also a great way to show someone that you care this Valentine’s Day. If your loved one doesn’t like chocolate cake, try one of our 31 Instant Pot Dessert Recipes, instead.
Loved Heart Cake Tin
If you are interested in purchasing or acquiring this heart shaped cake tin for your next love heart Instant Pot Chocolate cake you can get it from Amazon.
Making an Instant Pot Cake From Box
If you’re in a rush or you don’t have all the separate ingredients such as cocoa powder, brown sugar, melted butter and baking soda etc, you can grab a cake box mix which just needs some oil, water and eggs added.
A cake box is convenient and even the kids can make up an Instant Pot chocolate cake with a super easy cake box mix.
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Ingredients
Here are the ingredients needed for your Instant Pot Box Cake:
- Triple Chocolate Cake Mix: The base for the cake, providing all the necessary dry ingredients and a rich chocolate flavor.
- Eggs: Act as a binder, helping to hold the cake together while also providing moisture and richness.
- Water: Necessary for activating the cake mix and creating the right batter consistency.
- Oil: Keeps the cake moist and tender, ensuring it doesn’t dry out during cooking.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Melt into the ganache, providing a deep, balanced chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate Ganache: A sweet, rich topping that adds an extra layer of chocolate decadence to the cake.
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles: A fun and festive addition that adds a pop of color and a bit of crunch. Perfect for celebrating the holiday!
How to Make Instant Pot Chocolate Cake From a Box?
Here is a step-by-step guide for making Instant Pot chocolate cake:
Step One: Combine Cake Mix With Liquids
In a large bowl whisk together the chocolate cake mix and the wet ingredients (eggs, water, and oil).
Step Two: Add Chocolate Chips
Add the chocolate chips to the cake batter in the mixing bowl.
Step Three: Grease the Bundt Pan
Grease and flour a 7-inch heart-shaped bundt pan. Use butter or cooking spray for the prepared pan. If you don’t have a heart-shaped pan, simply use a regular round 7 Inch pan.
Step Four: Pour Cake Batter Into Bundt Pan
Pour the chocolate cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ full.
Step Five: Cover Bundt Pan With Foil
Cover the prepared pan with aluminium foil to protect the cake from steam and water.
Step Six: Place Cake Pan Into Instant Pot
Place the covered bundt pan onto a trivet or steamer basket in your Instant Pot, making sure the cake batter is level and evenly distributed.
Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Step Seven: Pressure Cook Chocolate Cake
Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to the sealing position. Pressure cook your chocolate cake for 35 minutes on high pressure.
Step Eight: Quick Pressure Release
Perform a quick pressure release and remove the Instant Pot chocolate cake from the pan.
Step Nine: Cool Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
Step Ten: Decorate the Chocolate Cake
To decorate this Instant Pot dessert, top the cake with chocolate ganache and let sit for a few minutes. Then sprinkle some valentine’s day sprinkles over the cake.
Step Eleven: Serve Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
Your Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is now ready to enjoy. Serve your tender cake with a cup of tea or a nice glass of almond milk.
Variations for Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
There are many variations you can make with this Instant Pot Chocolate Cake. Here are a few ideas:
- Add nuts to the batter for extra crunch.
- Use white cake mix instead of dark chocolate mix for a lighter version.
- For a more intense flavor, add espresso powder to the batter.
- Drizzle melted marshmallow fluff over the top of the finished cake.
- Substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts over the top before baking.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for extra sweetness.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over the cake after it is cooked.
These are just some suggestions to get you started. Experiment with different flavors and ingredients to make this Instant Pot Chocolate Cake your own!
What to Serve With Chocolate Cake?
Chocolate cake goes great with a few different sides. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Whipped cream or ice cream for added sweetness.
- A dollop of yogurt or custard for added richness.
- A sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate chips on top.
- A scoop of frozen yogurt or sorbet for a lighter treat.
- Caramel sauce or hot fudge for an extra indulgent dessert.
- A glass of cold milk to balance out the sweetness.
- These are just a few ideas, but there’s really no wrong way to enjoy a delicious slice of chocolate cake. Enjoy!
So now that you know everything about Instant Pot Chocolate Cake, why not give it a try this Valentine’s Day? It’s sure to be an instant hit with your loved one and the perfect way to end the special day. Enjoy!
How to Store Chocolate Cake?
This Instant Pot Chocolate Cake should be stored in an airtight container and can last up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Quick Release vs Natural Release
When you make Instant Pot Chocolate Cake, it is important to use a quick release method.
This will help ensure that the cake cooks evenly and doesn’t become too dense or fall apart. A natural release can cause the cake to collapse and be dense.
For best results, remember to always use a quick pressure release for Instant Pot chocolate cake. This will ensure that your cake is fluffy and perfectly cooked.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Cake?
Yes, you can freeze your Instant Pot chocolate cake. Wrap the cooled cake in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What Is Chocolate Ganache?
Ganache is a type of frosting. It is an emulsion of chocolate melted and cream. Sometimes butter is added. However, with this “frosting” the amount of chocolate and cream can be varied to change the texture.
Ganache can be used un-whipped to glaze desserts, or it can be whipped like cream and used as a filling.
Ganache vs Icing Sugar
Ganache is a much richer and indulgent frosting than just icing sugar. It has a lovely glossy finish, which gives cakes an impressive look.
The texture of ganache can also be adjusted to your liking by varying the amount of cream and chocolate used.
Icing sugar on the other hand is a more traditional way to sweeten and decorate cakes. It provides a very sweet and fluffy texture but lacks the glossy finish of ganache.
Both ganache and icing sugar are perfectly sweet options great for covering the chocolate cake.
Do I Need a Springform Pan for Instant Pot Box Cake?
No, you don’t need a springform pan for Instant Pot cake. Any 7-inch round pan or heart-shaped bundt pan would work just fine.
However, the shape of your caked will depend on which baking dish you use. Make sure to grease the baking dish before adding your batter so that it doesn’t stick.
Best Way to Grease a Cake Pan?
The best way to grease a cake pan is to use butter or cooking spray. For bundt pans, you can also use shortening and flour or baking parchment paper.
Whatever you choose, make sure the entire surface of the pan is covered with the oil so that your cake doesn’t stick.
Can I Naturally Release the Pressure Cooker?
No! Not for chocolate cake, a natural release can cause the cake to collapse and be dense. Always use a quick pressure release for Instant Pot chocolate cake.
My Instant Pot Cake Is Not Cooked! What Should I Do?
Your cake should be perfectly cooked, however if your Instant Pot cake is not cooked, add a few minutes of additional cooking time and make sure you have at least 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pot.
It’s also important to check for doneness before removing the cake from the pan. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean when the cake is done.
Do I Need to Use Tin Foil for Instant Pot Chocolate Cake?
Yes. It is important to use aluminum foil when making Instant Pot Chocolate Cake, as it will help keep the cake from getting too soggy. It also prevents water from entering the pan and helps create steam to make the cake moist.
There you have it – a delicious and easy-to-make Instant Pot chocolate cake. Chocolate cakes are easy to make in an Instant Pot, and with just a few simple ingredients you can make a delicious dessert for your loved one this Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!
There’s no worrying about vanilla extract or baking powder with this recipe. You’ll get an extra chocolatey cake perfect for the sweet tooth and anyone who loves a simple chocolate cake recipe.
- 1 Box Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- In a large bowl whisk together the chocolate cake mix and the wet ingredients (eggs, water, and oil).
- Add the chocolate chips to the cake batter in the mixing bowl.
- Grease and flour a 7-inch heart-shaped bundt pan. Use butter or cooking spray for the prepared pan. If you don't have a heart-shaped pan, simply use a regular round 7 Inch pan.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ full.
- Cover the prepared pan with aluminium foil to protect the cake from steam and water.
- Place the covered bundt pan onto a trivet or steamer basket in your Instant Pot, making sure the cake batter is level and evenly distributed.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to the sealing position. Pressure cook your chocolate cake for 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Perform a quick pressure release and remove the Instant Pot chocolate cake from the pan.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- To decorate this Instant Pot dessert, top the cake with chocolate ganache and let sit for a few minutes. Then sprinkle some valentine’s day sprinkles over the cake.
- Your Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is now ready to enjoy. Serve your tender cake with a cup of tea or a nice glass of almond milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 737Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 9g
More Fantastic Instant Pot Recipes
If you’re a fan of dessert cuisine then take a look at these tasty Instant Pot Cakes, treats and sweets:
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Nutella Bites
- Instant Pot Markers Mark Cake
- Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Peach Crisp
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Raspberry And White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Valentines Day Pretzels