Instant Pot Crème Brulee is a dessert that radiates indulgence, decadence, and simplicity. If you love Crème Brulee and cheesecake, you get the best of both worlds with this delicious combination. With a sweet homemade wafer crust, creamy cheesecake, and a satisfying brittle sugar on top, this will become your new favorite dessert!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What is Crème Brulee Cheesecake?
If you haven’t ever had Crème Brulee, you are in for a real treat! In lamens terms, it is a creamy, pudding-like baked custard with a brittle top of sugar that cracks when you tap on it. The custard is made with eggs, sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream. It’s similar to baked custard but richer.
Crème Brulee Cheesecake Ingredients
To make a decadent dessert combining the best of both worlds, you’ll be making both the crust and the filling from scratch. So, get out that shopping list and jot these ingredients down!
- Vanilla wafers: For the delicious crust, you’ll need crushed vanilla wafers.
- Brown sugar: A little brown sugar makes the crust absolutely delicious.
- Butter: To mold the crust with a buttery flavor, you’ll need some salted butter.
- Cream cheese: You can’t have cheese cake without cream cheese. Be sure to leave it out at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften it.
- Vanilla: Both cheesecake and Brulee require a vanilla flavoring. We used vanilla extract.
- Heavy cream: If you don’t have heavy cream, you can make it with whole milk and butter.
- Eggs: You won’t use the whole egg for this recipe. Instead, you’ll just be using the egg yolks. You’ll need 8 eggs so make sure to get a whole carton.
- Super fine sugar: If you can’t find super fine sugar, you can make your own at home using regular granulated sugar.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are optional, but they really are the perfect garnish for the cake. You could also use fresh strawberries, blueberries, or any berry you choose.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients
How to Make Instant Pot Crème Brulee Cheesecake
You are going to love how your cheesecake turns out in the Instant Pot, and you are going to love how easy it is to make! Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
First, you will want to use a fork to combine the cooking crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
Step 2: Prepare the springform pan
Next, cut out a circle of parchment paper and fit it to the bottom of your springform pan. Then, spray the sides with cooking spray.
Step 3: Put Crust in Freezer
Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 3/4 an inch up the sides. Then, place the crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
Step 4: Beat the Cream Cheese
Beat your cream cheese in a mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy.
Step 5: Add Sugar, Salt and Vanilla
Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside. Then, heat your cream on the stovetop or in the microwave until it’s warm.
Step 6: Beat Egg Yolks
Place egg yolks into a large bowl and beating constantly, slowly add the warm cream. It is important to add slowly and constantly beat to prevent curdling.
Step 7: Blend Cream Cheese Mixture and Egg Mixture
Slowly add the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, beating constantly, just until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl often and be sure all lumps are out of the mixture. The mixture will be on the thinner side.
Step 8: Pour Mixture on Top of Crust
Pour filling into the prepared crust. Cover with foil and seal edges.
Step 9: Pressure Cook
Cover the cheesecake with foil. Add 1½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, place cheesecake on the trivet, and lower into the Instant Pot. Seal pot and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes.
Step 10: Naturally Release
Allow the cheesecake to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, then release pressure and remove from the Instant Pot.
Step 11: Cool
Remove to a wire rack and cool in pan before removing pan ring.
Step 12: Sprinkle with Sugar and Brown
Sprinkle with the 3 tbsp. of sugar and brown with a baker’s torch. Cheesecake can also be browned under the broiler but you will need to be careful not to burn.
Step 13: Top with Berries
Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired. Slice with a knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry.
Serve and Enjoy!
How Do You Make Super Fine Sugar?
To make your own superfine sugar for this Instant Pot Crème Brulee Cheesecake, you will need a food processor. Place the amount of sugar needed for the recipe into the food processor. Then, add a tablespoon or 2 more to compensate for the reduction in volume. Process the sugar for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar feels like fine sand.
How Do I Know if My Crème Brulee Cheesecake is Done?
If you follow the recipe exactly, your cheesecake should be done. However, different altitudes can affect your Instant Pot time. To check if your cheesecake is done, give it just a little jiggle. It should be slightly jiggly in the center. If it jiggles too much, return it to your Instant Pot, and pressure cook it for an additional 5-minutes.
Other Cheese Cake Recipes to Try
Looking for more? Instant Pot Crème Brulee Cheesecake isn’t the only one you can make! We love making cheesecake in our Instant Pot, and we have a ton you can try!
- Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Smores Cheesecake
- Orange Cranberry Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
this creme brulee cheesecake recipe is easy to cook in the instant pot and beyond delicious
- • 2 c crushed vanilla wafers
- • 3 tbsp brown sugar
- • 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- • 24 oz cream cheese (softened)
- • 1¼ c granulated sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 1½ c heavy cream
- • 8 lg egg yolks
- • 3 tbsp super fine sugar
- • raspberries to garnish
- Using a fork, combine cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Place the paper into pan and lightly spray paper and sides with a non-stick baking spray.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom and about ¾-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Place crust in the freezer while preparing the filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat cream on the stovetop or in the microwave just until warm.
- Place egg yolks into a large bowl and beating constantly, slowly add the warm cream. It is important to add slowly and constantly beat to prevent curdling.
- Now, slowly add the cream/egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, beating constantly, just until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl often and be sure all lumps are out of the mixture. The mixture will be on the thinner side.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Cover with foil and seal edges.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, place cheesecake on the trivet, and lower into the Instant Pot. Seal pot and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. Allow to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, then release pressure and remove from the Instant Pot. Cheesecake should jiggle slightly in the center. If it jiggles too much, return it to the pot and cook for an additional 5-min.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool in pan before removing pan ring.
- Sprinkle with the 3 tbsp. of sugar and brown with a baker's torch. Cheesecake can also be browned under the broiler but you will need to be careful not to burn.
- Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Slice with a knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 805Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 336mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 0gSugar: 51gProtein: 10g
More Desserts We Love
Cheesecake isn’t the only dessert you can make in your Instant Pot. Here are some of our favorite Instant Pot Desserts to try!
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Peach Crisp
- Gluten Free Instant Pot Nutella Bites
- Instant Pot Mint Chip Bundt Cake
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!