I am not a big fruit eater. I like it, but its not something I think to eat all the time. However, when I have a creamy caramel sauce to dip it in like this Instant Pot Dulce De Leche, its just more appealing. Plus, this sweet Caramel sauce with some cut apples makes a perfect appetizer for parties.
Why Do We Love Instant Pot Dulce de Leche
- Effortless and Quick: The Instant Pot simplifies the traditionally complex process of making caramel sauce.
- Versatile Sweet Treat: It’s a delicious topping for ice cream, pancakes, or your favorite dessert.
- Rich and Creamy: This recipe yields a decadently smooth and luscious dulce de leche.
Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Ingredients
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: When cooked under pressure in the Instant Pot, it transforms into a rich, creamy, and caramelized sauce that’s full of sweet, milky flavor.
How to Make Instant Pot Dulce de Leche?
Rather than make this on the stove top, cooking it for 7 hours, you can easily make it in your Instant Pot in less than half the time. Follow the steps below!
Open the can of sweetened condensed milk. Cover the can tightly with aluminum foil
Place in the instant pot on the trivet.
Fill up the instant pot with water to cover the can halfway.
Close the instant pot and close the seal. Select “manual, high pressure” for 35 minutes. Due to the amount of water, it will take about 30 minutes to arrive to pressure.
Once it is done cooking, release the pressure using a hot pad or towel as steam will be hot.
Remove the can from the instant pot using tongs. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Cool and then serve! This Instant Pot Dulce De Leche is Delicious with apples, ice cream, or my favorite, by itself by the spoonful!
Other Caramel Recipes to Try
Do you have a sweet tooth? If so, you will want to try some of these other delicious caramel recipes!
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats
- Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Balls
- The Best Salted Caramels
- Salted Caramel Cookies
- Southern Caramel Cake
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Dulce de Leche?
Dulce de Leche is a creamy caramel sauce. It is typically made by simmering a pot of milk and sugar, stirring for about seven hours. Making it in the Instant Pot is a much quicker way of making it. Dulce de Leche is perfect for dipping apples and other fruit.
- 1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk. Cover the can tightly with aluminum foil. Then Place in the instant pot on the trivet. Fill up the instant pot with water to cover the can halfway.
- Close the instant pot and close the seal. Select “manual, high pressure” for 35 minutes. Due to the amount of water, it will take about 30 minutes to arrive to pressure.
- Once it is done cooking, release the pressure using a hot pad or towel as steam will be hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g