The Best Instant Pot Fish Tacos Recipe: Make Fish Tacos in a Flash!
Who doesn’t love tacos!? I know I do! And, I especially love this Fish Tacos Instant Pot recipe. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. Not only are these tilapia fish tacos delicious, but they are the perfect quick and easy dinner option for your Taco Tuesday!
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Fish Tacos Recipe
- Quick and Easy: With the Instant Pot, these fish tacos are a breeze to make.
- Fresh and Flavorful: The recipe delivers a burst of zesty, tangy flavors in each bite.
- Healthy Choice: A delicious way to incorporate more seafood into your diet.
Instant Pot Fish Tacos With Aioli Sauce
If you are looking for the perfect Taco Tuesday meal, these are it! With 1 pound of frozen tilapia seasoned with taco seasoning and topped with a deliciously creamy aioli sauce, you can’t get much better than this. Don’t forget to add some cilantro, tomatoes, and cheese.
Instant Pot Fish Tacos Ingredients
It’s time to get out that shopping list! You won’t need much for these quick and easy Tilapia fish tacos. Here’s what you need:
- Tilapia Fillets: A great choice for fish tacos as it readily absorbs the flavors of the seasonings.
- Taco Seasoning: Gives the fish its bold, Mexican-inspired flavor.
- Mayonnaise: Creates a creamy base for the aioli sauce, adding a rich and tangy element to the tacos.
- Lemon Juice and Zest: Add a burst of citrusy freshness to the aioli sauce, enhancing its flavor and helping to balance the richness of the mayonnaise.
- Minced Garlic: Infuses the aioli sauce with a savory depth, complementing the other flavors and adding a kick to the tacos.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhance the natural flavors of the fish and the aioli sauce.
- Flour Tortillas or Taco Shells: Hold all the ingredients together, providing a satisfying texture and making the dish easy to eat.
How to Make Instant Pot Fish Tacos?
Here is a step-by-step guide for your Instant Pot Tilapia Fish Taco recipe.
Step 1: Prepare the Tilapia Fish
First, place your frozen tilapia fillets on top of a sheet of aluminium. Sprinkle each fish fillet with taco seasoning.
Seal your foil packet from each side.
Step 2: Add Water to Instant Pot
Place 1 & 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of your Inner pot. Place the trivet inside your Instant Pot.
Place your aluminium foil packet tilapia fillets on top of the trivet.
Step 3: Pressure Cook Tilapia Fish
Next, close the Instant Pot Lid. Close the seal by pushing it away from you. Pressure cook your frozen Tilapia fish on high pressure for 18 minutes.
Step 4: How to Make Aioli Sauce
While your fish is cooking, make your aïoli sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a dash of salt and pepper.
Set aside and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 5: Quick Release Tilapia Fish
Once the time is completed, do a quick pressure release by bringing the valve toward you.
Once all the pressure is released remove the lid from your pressure cooker.
Step 6: Shred the Tilapia Fish
Shred your tilapia fillets, and place tilapia pieces (taco filling) on your favorite taco shell whether it be a low-carb tortilla, lettuce wrap, flour tortilla, or corn!
Step 7: Add Your Toppings to Tacos
Top it with the aïoli sauce, cilantro, and any other toppings you would enjoy on your fish taco such as tomatoes, cabbage slaw, avocado etc!
What to Serve With Fish Tacos?
These tacos are perfect as the main course, but if you have hungry kids like I do, you’ll need a couple of sides. Here are my favorites:
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad
- Instant Pot Rice
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Zucchini Fritters
- Steamed Asparagus
You can also make a specialised Pico De Gallo. Check out our recipeforr Pico De Gallo Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Use Tilapia Fish for Tacos?
Tilapia is the perfect fish for Instant Pot tacos because it is mild in flavor and cooks quickly. Plus, tilapia is very affordable, making it a great option if you are looking to save money on groceries.
With this Instant Pot fish taco recipe, you can have tasty and healthy tacos on the table in no time.
You can cook the Tilapia in Instant Pot from fresh or frozen! This is sure to become one of your favorite fish taco recipes.
Is Tilapia Good for You?
Yes! Tilapia is a great fish for those looking for lean protein. It’s low in calories and full of nutrients, making it the perfect choice if you are trying to eat healthily or lose weight.
Tilapia Fish Nutrition Information
Tilapia is also a great source of protein for the bariatric diet. There is a moderate amount of unsaturated fat in tilapia fish, with approximately 5.5g per 100g serving.
This makes it a good choice for those looking to reduce their intake of saturated fats and cholesterol. Tilapia is also high in Omega 3 and Vitamin B12, making it a great choice for overall health and well-being.
So, if you are looking for a delicious and nutritious Instant Pot fish taco recipe, be sure to try this one out!
Why Make Homemade Aioli Sauce?
If you have never tried homemade aioli sauce, you are in for a treat! This creamy and flavorful topping adds the perfect finishing touch to these easy fish tacos.
Plus, making Aioli sauce from scratch allows you to control the amount of fat and flavor that goes into your sauce.
Can I Eat Fish Tacos on Weight Watchers?
If you’re looking for Weight Watchers Fish Tacos then this recipe can work well. Simply point up the ingredients and you’ll find it’s a healthy and tasty fish taco recipe that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy diet.
Be sure to top the tacos with plenty of zero-point foods such as shredded cabbage, (cabbage slaw), tomatoes, cucumber and lime juice for a complete and satisfying meal.
How Long to Cook Tilapia in Instant Pot?
Cooking Instant Pot Tilapia depends on whether you use fresh fish or frozen fish.
Fresh Instant Pot Tilapia
For fresh Tilapia you will need to pressure cook your Instant Pot Tilapia for 8 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Tilapia
For Frozen fish / frozen Tilapia fillets, you will need to cook your Instant Pot Tilapia for about 18 minutes.
So add an extra 10 minutes of cooking time if using frozen Tilapia fillets to ensure the fish cooks through.
How to Get the Fishy Taste Out of Fish?
If you are worried about your fish tasting too fishy, you can use a little lemon juice for your fish. Simply sprinkle a few drops over each fillet before adding taco seasoning.
Do I Have to Use Tilapia for Instant Pot Fish Tacos?
White fleshed fish works best for these tacos. You want a freshwater fish if you choose to use something other than Tilapia.
Here are some other fish options for Pressure Cooker FIsh Tacos
Can I Use a Steamer Basket Instead of a Trivet?
Yes, if you prefer using a steamer basket for tacos, you can simply place your frozen fish foil packet on top of the steamer basket and cook as usual. The result should be just as flavorful and delicious!
How Do I Make Keto Fish Tacos?
To make this into a keto fish taco recipe switch out the taco shells or tortilla bread for lettuce wraps. You can also use a low-carb tortilla, if desired.
Additionally, you may want to replace the mayonnaise with an avocado spread or sour cream, as these contain less carbs than regular mayo.
Finally, skip the taco seasoning and use cumin and chili powder instead for a delicious spicy flavor! This will make a delicious dinner to enjoy!
Can I Use Lime Juice on My Tilapia Fish Tacos?
Yes, you can use lime juice in place of lemon juice if you prefer. Simply squeeze lime juice, and adjust your seasonings as necessary.
Whether you choose to use lemon or lime, these Instant Pot fish tacos are the perfect easy weeknight dinner option! Enjoy them topped with plenty of fresh cilantro and your favorite taco toppings for a delicious and healthy meal.
Can I Make Fish Tacos With Fried Fish?
Yes you can absolutely make Tilapia fish tacos with fried fish! Simply use your favourite frying method, such as pan-frying or deep-frying. Be sure to prepare the fish according to your preferred cooking method and seasonings and use a little canola oil for best results.
We prefer steamed fish in the Instant Pot as it is a healthy way to cook this firm white fish!
Can I Natural Release Tilapia Fish?
While Instant Pot fish tacos are typically made using a quick-release method, you can also opt to natural release your Tilapia fish. Simply allow for about 5 minutes of natural release before switching the valve to quick release.
However, be aware that if you choose this method, the cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly. You would need to cut 4 minutes from your cooking time to ensure the fish does not dry out.
Whichever method you use to cook the Tilapia fillets, this recipe works if you follow the instructions to a tee!
Favorite Toppings for Fish Tacos?
Some delicious and easy fish taco toppings include sliced avocado, shredded cabbage or slaw, diced tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream or Greek yogurt, and hot sauce.
Feel free to get creative with your Instant Pot fish tacos and try different combinations!
Finally, be sure to add plenty of lime juice for a burst of fresh flavor and a bright, tangy finish. Enjoy!
- 1 Pound Tilapia Fillets.
- 2 Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1 Cup Mayonaise.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Salt And Pepper Seasonings.
- Flour Tortillas
- First, place your frozen tilapia fillets on top of a sheet of aluminium. Sprinkle each fish fillet with taco seasoning.
- Seal your foil packet from each side.
- Place 1 & 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of your Inner pot. Place the trivet inside your Instant Pot.
- Place your aluminium foil packet tilapia fillets on top of the trivet.
- Next, close the Instant Pot Lid. Close the seal by pushing it away from you. Pressure cook your frozen Tilapia fish on high pressure for 18 minutes.
- While your fish is cooking, make your aïoli sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Set aside and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once the time is completed, do a quick pressure release by bringing the valve toward you.
- Once all the pressure is released remove the lid from your pressure cooker.
- Shred your tilapia fillets, and place tilapia pieces (taco filling) on your favorite taco shell whether it be a low-carb tortilla, lettuce wrap, flour tortilla, or corn!
- Top it with the aïoli sauce, cilantro, and any other toppings you would enjoy on your fish taco such as tomatoes, cabbage slaw, avocado etc!
How To Get The Fishy Taste Out Of Fish?
If you are worried about your fish tasting too fishy, you can use a little lemon juice for your fish. Simply sprinkle a few drops over each fillet before adding taco seasoning
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g
Other Instant Pot Sea Food Recipes to Try
Looking for more delicious Instant Pot recipes that the whole family can enjoy? Try these!