Pork tenderloin is one of the most tender cuts of pork. However, it can still get tough if cooked incorrectly. That’s why I love my Instant Pot! This Instant Pot garlic pork tenderloin comes out juicy, tender, and packed full of flavor!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Other than a beautifully juicy and delicious slice of pork tenderloin, there are other reasons you are going to love this recipe. Here are just a few:
- Simple ingredients: You don’t need extravagant ingredients to make a delicious entree. In fact, all the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Dinner is on the table in a jiffy. This pork tenderloin only takes 30 minutes to pressure cook. This means you can throw it in and have dinner ready in a hurry.
- Goes perfectly with any side. This garlic pork tenderloin goes perfectly with almost any side you choose.
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
For this recipe, you just need simple ingredients. In fact, you probably already have all these ingredients at your disposal.
- Pork tenderloin: This recipe calls for a 3 pound slab of pork tenderloin. However, keep in mind that even if you have more, you can still follow the recipe.
- Olive oil: You can use olive oil, vegetable oil, or even butter to sauté your tenderloin. Olive oil is a healthier option. You will also need butter to season your tenderloin.
- Seasonings: Pull out the salt and pepper, and chop up some garlic.
- Broth: You need a liquid for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. I find broth makes meats juicier and more tender, but you can use water if you don’t have any.
For exact ingredients, please scroll to the bottom! There, you will find the recipe card.
How to Make Instant Pot Garlic Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is one of the simplest ones you can make. It’s perfect choice for beginners. Just follow the steps below for a juicy tenderloin everyone will love.
Step 1: Set Your Instant Pot to Sauté
First, place oil in the Instant Pot and push the sauté or sear button.
Step 2: Season the Tenderloin
Next, pat dry your pork tenderloin. Rub butter all over the tenderloin. Then, season it with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
Step 3: Sauté the Tenderloin
When the oil is hot, place the pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, turn off the sauté mode and add 1/2 cup broth or water.Secure the lid, put the valve on the lid to the “sealing” position, and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Natural release
When the Instant Pot beeps and time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally. All you have to do is wait until the metal pin on the Instant Pot lid drops and the lid unlocks.
Serve and Enjoy!
Should Pork Tenderloin be Cooked Fast or Slow?
Most meats need to be cooked slow for tenderness, but NOT pork tenderloin. It is already one of the most tender cuts of pork, but it can get tough if you overcook it. That’s why cooking pork tenderloin in your Instant Pot is the perfect option. It cooks it fast, but still keeps all the juices in making it tender and delicious.
Can I Cook It from frozen?
The best thing about using your Instant pot is it’s ability to cook any meat from frozen. However, it is important to keep in mind that you will need to cook it longer if you are cooking it from frozen. For this recipe, you will want to cook frozen tenderloin for 60 minutes instead of 30. You can follow this Frozen Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe as well.
Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin?
Although these sound similar, the cuts of meat are completely different. Please do not confuse the pork tenderloin with a pork loin. This recipe calls for pork tenderloin. A tenderloin is a narrow, boneless cut of meat that comes from the muscle that runs along the back bone. A pork loin is a fat bone-in or boneless cut of meat that comes from the animals butt. The cook time is different for each.
Side Dishes to Try
This juicy garlic pork tenderloin goes perfectly with almost any side. Here are some of our favorite sides:
- Cheesy Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Gourmet Instant Pot Carrots
This Pork Tenderloin Recipe will never be the same once you cooked this on Instant Pot and follow this recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, optional for garnish
- Place oil in the Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Pat dry your pork tenderloin, season with salt and pepper, and rub all over with butter and minced garlic.
- When the oil is hot, place the pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
- Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, turn off the saute mode and add 1/2 cup broth or water.
- Secure the lid and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Natural release.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 910Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 373mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 120g
Other Pork Recipes to Try
I always struggle when cooking pork, but the Instant Pot makes it tender, juicy and delicious every time! If you are looking for other pork recipes for your Instant Pot, here are some of my favorites:
- Cider Glazed Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Ham
Remember, sharing is caring! Please share this recipe with your friends and family and pin it to Pinterest.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!