Get ready for Instant Pot Peach Crisp – the quickest way to peachy perfection! Juicy peaches under a golden, cinnamon oat topping, all thanks to your Instant Pot. It’s the taste of summer, simplified and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Sweet and Satisfying: This Peach Crisp offers a delightful blend of sweet, juicy peaches.
- Effortless Dessert: Instant Pot makes this warm dessert a breeze to prepare.
- Versatile Toppings: Serve with ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgence.
- Peaches: The star ingredient, providing a sweet, slightly tart flavor and a juicy texture.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warm, spicy note that complements the sweetness of the peaches perfectly.
- Brown Sugar: Enhances the natural sweetness of the peaches, while adding a hint of molasses flavor.
- Water: Creates the necessary steam in the Instant Pot for cooking the peach crisp.
- Butter or Margarine: Adds richness to the oat topping and helps it turn golden and crisp.
- Rolled Oats: Provide a hearty, chewy contrast to the soft peaches, absorbing some of the juice and flavor.
- Flour: Helps thicken the peach juices into a syrupy consistency, binding the crisp together.
- Salt: Balances the sweetness of the other ingredients, bringing out their flavors more fully.
- Your Instant Pot: The key tool in this recipe, it makes quick and easy work of cooking the peach crisp, retaining the fruit’s flavor and creating a delightful contrast between the soft peaches and the crunchy topping.
How To Make Instant Pot Peach Crisp?
Chop your peaches into small squares and add to your Instant Pot.
Add cinnamon, brown sugar, and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
Spread the oat mixture over the top of the peaches.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook for 8 minutes.
When finished cooking, do a quick release and remove the lid. Keep the Instant Pot on and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
Storage & Reheating Instructions
- Storing Peach Crisp: Refrigerate leftover peach crisp promptly in an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days.
- Reheating Peach Crisp: Reheat individual servings in the microwave for short intervals or warm in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes; enjoy on its own or with ice cream for an extra treat!
What To Serve With This Recipe?
- Vanilla Ice Cream: A classic pairing, the cool sweetness complements the warm peach crisp perfectly.
- Whipped Cream: Light and airy, a dollop of whipped cream adds a delightful touch to each spoonful.
- Greek Yogurt: Opt for a tangy twist, Greek yogurt adds creaminess and a hint of acidity.
- Lemon Zest: Grate some lemon zest over the top to add a citrusy zing to the peachy goodness.
Your savory dessert dish doesn’t have to be dull or bland – not with this recipe! Use this Instant Pot peach crisp casserole for your next family gathering and watch them swarm it!
What Is the Difference Between Peach Cobbler and Peach Crisp?
One thing you need to know before you start this recipe is that it is not a peach cobbler. I know these two words can get mingled together, but peach cobbler and peach crisp are two different things. Here’s the difference!
Cobbler: A cobbler is a fruit dessert with a thick dropped biscuit or pie dough topping. It is believed that the name came from the biscuit topping’s resemblance to cobblestones.
Crisp: A crisp is a fruit dessert with a crisp and crunchy layer of ingredients as the topping. This could include sugar, butter, oats, nuts, and spice.
Basically, one is crispy and one is not. This Instant Pot peach crisp is crispy.
More Desserts You Will Love
If you liked this Instant Pot peach crisp dessert, you are going to love some of our other Instant Pot desserts. Check them out before you leave:
- New York Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Yogurt Recipes
- Instant Pot Makers Mark Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Mint Chip Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling
- Instant Pot Peach Crisp
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- 6 peaches, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chop your peaches into small squares and add to your instant pot. Add cinnamon, brown sugar, and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Spread the oat mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release and remove the lid. Keep the Instant Pot on and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g