Experience taco perfection in minutes with our Instant Pot Pork Tacos—a tantalizing blend of juicy pork, bold spices, and Instant Pot convenience. Elevate your Taco Tuesday with the rich, savory goodness of perfectly seasoned pork tucked into warm tortillas. Quick, effortless, and utterly delicious, this recipe will redefine your taco experience!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavorful Fusion: Indulge in the irresistible blend of succulent pork, vibrant spices, and zesty citrus for a mouthwatering experience.
- Instant Pot Magic: Enjoy the convenience of Instant Pot cooking, effortlessly bringing together rich and savory pork tacos for quick weeknight dinners.
- Customizable Fiesta: Tailor your taco experience with versatile spices, citrusy brightness, and tender pork, creating a customizable fiesta to suit your taste buds perfectly.
Instant Pot Pork Tacos Ingredients:
- Pork (Chops, Shoulder, or Loin): Tender and flavorful, the pork serves as the hearty base for succulent tacos.
- Olive Oil: Enhance juiciness and richness with quality olive oil during cooking.
- Minced Garlic: Elevate savory notes with minced garlic for robust flavor.
- Butter: Add indulgence to the dish, enhancing overall richness.
- Small Onion Diced: Provide sweet and savory elements with diced onions.
- Diced Green Chilies: Infuse mild, smoky heat for a subtle kick.
- Beef Broth: Ensure tenderness and rich flavors in the cooking liquid.
- Beer (Ale): Introduce malty richness for depth and uniqueness.
- Orange Juice: Add sweetness and citrus brightness to balance savory elements.
- Lime Juice: Bring a zesty and tangy kick for overall freshness.
- Cinnamon: Infuse warm and aromatic essence with a hint of cinnamon.
- Taco Seasoning: Elevate the flavor profile with a balanced blend of spices for an authentic taco experience.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Tacos?
Here is the step by step instructions for making pork tacos.
Step One: Saute
Set Instant Pot to sauté function.
Steps Two: Add Garlic And Onions
Add oil and butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and onion. Cook about 2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
Step Three: Brown The Pork
Add pork and brown, but do not cook all the way through.
Step Four: Add Chillies And Beer
Add the green chilies and pour the beer over the pork.
Step Five: Add Broth
Add the beef broth to the pot.
Steps Six: Add Orange And Lime Juice
Add orange and lime juice. Then add the cinnamon and taco seasoning. Mix together.
Step Seven: Pressure Cook
Set Instant pot to high pressure for 35 minutes. Close the lid and make sure venting is turned off. Naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
Step Eight: Pull Apart And Broil
Spoon the pork onto a baking sheet and pull apart. Place under the broiler until crispy. Reserve about a cup of the broth from the Instant pot and brush over the pork.
Step Nine: Serve On Tacos
Serve your pork over corn or flour street size tortillas. Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
Tips For Making Pork Tacos
- Marinate Overnight: For enhanced flavor, marinate the pork in the citrusy and spicy mixture overnight to allow the seasonings to penetrate the meat.
- Sear for Depth: Before pressure cooking, sear the pork in the Instant Pot to add depth and richness to the final dish.
- Choose Your Cut: Opt for your preferred cut of pork, whether chops, shoulder, or loin, to tailor the dish to your taste and texture preferences.
- Adjust Spice Level: Customize the spice level by controlling the amount of diced green chilies and taco seasoning for a milder or bolder kick.
- Serve with Fresh Toppings: Elevate your taco presentation with fresh toppings like cilantro, diced tomatoes, avocado, and a squeeze of lime for added freshness.
- Experiment with Beer Varieties: Explore different beer varieties for unique flavor profiles, from malty ales to hoppy IPAs, to find your perfect match.
- Double the Batch: Make a larger batch and freeze the extra for future quick and delicious taco nights.
- Pair with Mexican Sides: Serve your Instant Pot Pork Tacos with classic Mexican sides like rice, beans, or a refreshing salsa for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Carnitas Tacos: Transform the pork mixture into carnitas-style tacos by crisping up the shredded meat in a skillet for added texture.
- Pork Burrito Bowls: Create a deconstructed version by serving the seasoned pork over rice or quinoa with black beans, salsa, and toppings for a hearty burrito bowl.
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Shred the cooked pork and serve it on buns with your favorite barbecue sauce and coleslaw for a delicious pulled pork sandwich.
- Pork Quesadillas: Layer the seasoned pork between tortillas with cheese and grill for a quick and cheesy pork quesadilla.
- Pork Nachos: Use the seasoned pork as a topping for nachos, layering it with melted cheese, jalapeños, and your favorite nacho toppings.
- Pork Tostadas: Arrange the seasoned pork on crispy tostada shells and top with lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream for a tasty tostada variation.
- Pork Enchiladas: Roll the seasoned pork in tortillas, place them in a baking dish, cover with enchilada sauce and cheese, then bake for flavorful pork enchiladas.
- Pork Taco Salad: Create a refreshing taco salad by placing the seasoned pork on a bed of greens and topping it with avocado, tomatoes, cheese, and a drizzle of dressing.
What Sides to Pair With Pork Tacos?
- Mexican Rice: Enjoy a classic side of Mexican rice, flavored with tomatoes, onions, and spices, to complement the savory pork tacos.
- Refried Beans: Serve creamy and flavorful refried beans on the side, adding a rich and comforting element to your pork taco meal.
- Guacamole: Elevate your taco experience with creamy guacamole, offering a refreshing and tangy contrast to the savory pork.
- Salsa Verde: Provide a zesty kick with salsa verde, a green salsa made with tomatillos, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Corn Salad: Create a light and refreshing corn salad with fresh corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice for a vibrant side dish.
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote): Indulge in the irresistible flavors of Mexican street corn, grilled and coated with mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime.
- Cilantro Lime Coleslaw: Enjoy a crisp and citrusy cilantro lime coleslaw, adding a crunchy texture and bright flavors to your taco meal.
- Jicama Slaw: Opt for a unique jicama slaw, combining jicama, carrots, and cabbage with a refreshing lime dressing.
- Black Bean Salad: Prepare a hearty black bean salad with tomatoes, corn, red onion, and cilantro for a nutritious and flavorful side.
- Pineapple Salsa: Infuse a tropical twist with pineapple salsa, featuring diced pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro for a sweet and spicy kick.
Store leftover Instant Pot Pork Tacos in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or freeze cooked pork separately for longer storage. Reheat the pork and taco components as needed, and store fresh toppings separately to maintain their quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use A Different Cut Of Pork For Street Tacos?
Certainly, you can choose cuts like pork shoulder, loin, or chops based on your preference.
How Long Should I Marinate The Pork For Street Tacos?
For optimal flavor, marinate the pork overnight, allowing the spices and citrus to enhance its taste.
Can I Make These Tacos With Corn Tortillas?
Absolutely, corn tortillas are a classic choice for street tacos and can be used for an authentic touch.
Are There Variations For Street Taco Fillings Besides Pork?
Certainly, you can use various proteins like chicken, beef, or even vegetarian options for diverse street taco fillings.
Can I Adjust The Spice Level For A Milder Or Spicier Taste?
Absolutely, customize the spice level by adjusting the amount of diced green chilies and taco seasoning to suit your preference.
How Do I Prevent The Tortillas From Becoming Soggy?
To maintain texture, consider warming tortillas just before serving and storing fresh toppings separately from the cooked components.
- 2 pounds of pork chops, shoulder or loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can of beer (I used an ale)
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup or one package of taco seasoning
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function.
- Add oil and butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and onion. Cook about 2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent. \
- Add pork and brown, but do not cook all the way through.
- Add the green chilies and pour the beer over the pork.
- Add the beef broth to the pot.
- Add orange and lime juice. Then add the cinnamon and taco seasoning. Mix together.
- Set Instant pot to high pressure for 35 minutes. Close the lid and make sure venting is turned off. Naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Spoon the pork onto a baking sheet and pull apart. Place under the broiler until crispy. Reserve about a cup of the broth from the Instant pot and brush over the pork.
- Serve your pork over corn or flour street size tortillas. Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 61g
Other Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Your Instant Pot can make a variety of different succulent dishes. If you liked these Instant Pot Pork Tacos, try some of our other IP recipes: