If you love cauliflower then you’re going to love this Instant Pot Purple Cauliflower Mash Recipe. It’s simple, delicious and can be enjoyed as a side dish or even as a main meal. With just a few ingredients, this easy purple caulifower mash recipe will become a favorite for sure! It’s better than mash potatoes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Eye-Catching: The vibrant purple color adds a fun, unique touch to your meal.
- Nutrient-Rich: Purple cauliflower is packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy dish.
- Quick and Easy: Instant Pot preparation ensures a smooth, creamy puree in no time.
Here are the ingredients for purple cauliflower mash:
- Purple Cauliflower: Is the main ingredient that gives the dish its unique color and texture.
- Milk: Adds creaminess to the mash, helping to achieve a smooth and velvety texture.
- Butter: Lends a rich, indulgent flavor to the cauliflower mash, enhancing its overall taste and mouthfeel.
- Sea Salt: Essential seasoning, sea salt brings out the natural flavors of the cauliflower and balances the richness of the butter and milk.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Adds a slight heat and aromatic touch to the dish, complementing the other flavors.
- Minced Fresh Herbs/Chives: Add a pop of fresh flavor and vibrant color to the mash, making it even more appetizing and visually appealing.
How to Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash?
Step One: Prepare Cauliflower
Rinse and core your cauliflower, then cut it into florets. (You can cook whole if preferred).
Step Two: Pressure Cook Cauliflower
Place the cauliflower florets into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
Step Three: Release Pressure
When done, release the pressure manually. Strain and return to the pot.
Step Four: Add Milk, Butter & Mash
Add the milk, butter, herbs, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and mash until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, place the cooked cauliflower into a blender and pulse until you get a puree texture.
Step Five: Garnish And Serve
Serve your cauliflower mash warm and enjoy!
The cauliflower mashed puree is now ready to serve.
Serve with chives and a dollop of butter.
- Wash your head of cauliflower and break down into florets to fit them into the food processor.
- To make perfectly steamed cauliflower do not naturally release the pressure. Be sure to manually release quickly.
- To make this absolutely delicious sprinkle some parmesan cheese or top with your favorite sauce before serving.
Purple Cauliflower: Substitute purple cauliflower with regular white cauliflower or Romanesco cauliflower for a different color and flavor profile.
Butter: Swap out butter with alternatives like olive oil, coconut oil, or ghee (clarified butter) to adjust the taste and dietary preferences.
Garlic: If you don’t have fresh garlic, use garlic powder or roasted garlic paste as flavorful alternatives in your purple cauliflower mash.
Milk: Customize the creaminess of your dish by choosing from a variety of milk options, such as almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, or regular cow’s milk (whole, skim, or your preferred type). Each will bring a unique taste to the cauliflower mash.
Storage & Reheating Instructions
Storage: If you have plenty of leftover cauliflower mashed potatoes, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
To reheat: Simply place the mashed potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-2 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
What To Serve With This Recipe?
Purple cauliflower mash is also perfect for batch prepping – make extra and you will have enough for the whole week! Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Garlic Mashed Cauliflower?
Yes! Adding garlic to your mashed cauliflower recipe is a great way to add extra flavor. You can either use fresh or roasted garlic for this recipe, whichever you prefer.
How To Make Cauliflower Mash Creamy
To make your cauliflower mash creamy, add some cream cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt or your favorite nut butter to give it a smooth and creamy texture.
To make it vegan-friendly, you can also use dairy-free milk like almond or oat milk. Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices to kick up the flavor!
Make your mashed cauliflower creamy and delicious with this Instant Pot Purple Cauliflower recipe.
Which Appliance Makes the Best Mash?
You can either make your cauliflower mash using a potato masher or using a food processor or an immersion blender.
A stick blender is one of the most convenient and easy-to-use options as it takes less time to break down the cauliflower. However, if you prefer a smooth texture then a food processor is your best bet.
We use a potato masher for regular mashed potatoes and cauliflower mash.
Can You Freeze Cauliflower Mash?
Yes, you can freeze cauliflower mash. Let the mash cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. To reheat, simply thaw in the fridge overnight and warm it up in the microwave or on the stovetop.
This Instant Pot purple cauliflower recipe is a great way to get your family excited about eating their veggies. Not only is it healthy, but its also delicious! Give it a try today! Enjoy.