Growing up, we always had some ramen in the house. It was great as a quick lunch or snack, but we all know it wasn’t the most nutritional option. Packed with protein-rich chicken breasts, carrots, bell peppers, and onions, these Instant Pot Ramen noodles are packed with nutrition and flavor for a hearty meal!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Ramen Recipe
I’ve always been a fan of some quick and easy ramen, but this recipe turns your everyday package of ramen into a gourmet dinner! You are going to love this recipe, and here’s why:
- It’s packed with fresh veggies. Instead of just carbs and salt, this ramen is pakced with fresh veggies including carrots, bell peppers, and onions. All of which are full of nutrients.
- Super simple dinner option. Some days you just don’t feel like figuring out dinner, but this recipe will save you from ordering pizza, and it’s healthier too.
- More flavor. Not only is this recipe packed with veggies, but it’s bursting with even more flavor than classic ramen.
- Protein rich. Made with chicken breasts, this ramen is full of healthy, lean protein. So, even though it’s easy to make, you’ll know your getting what your body needs.
Instant Pot Ramen Ingredients
You’ll need a little more than just a couple of packs of ramen for this recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts: I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Any boneless chicken will work.
- Carrots: You can buy regular carrots and slice them thin, or you can grab the pre-cut carrots instead.
- Bell peppers: For this recipe, you will need both a red bell pepper, and a green bell pepper. If you prefer yellow or orange, you can use them as well.
- Green onions: Green onions add a burst of flavor. You will want to slice them into 2-inch parts.
- Soy sauce: Sweet and salty, soy sauce adds another fabulous layer of flavor.
- Sesame seeds: These are a great source of healthy fats, and they add a layer of texture with a nutty flavor.
- Packages of ramen: You will need just a couple packages of regular ramen. You won’t be using the broth packet, though.
- Seasonings: In addition to the above ingredients, you’ll need to season it up with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Broth – This can be homemade or ready made broth.
How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles
If you love simplicity, you’re in for a real treat. This is by far one of the simplest recipes I have ever made in my Instant Pot. Follow the simple steps below.
Step 1: Prep
First, cut your chicken breasts into cubes and set them aside. Then, chop your veggies into thin strips and set them to the side.
Step 2: Season the Chicken
In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then, season your cubed chicken.
Step 3: Saute the chicken
Hit the saute button on your Instant Pot and add the oil. Add your seasoned, cubed chicken to the Instant Pot and cook your chicken until it’s cooked through.
Step 4: Saute the Veggies
Once the chicken is done, add the vegetables and saute them for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Add Liquids and Noodles
Hit cancel to turn off the saute function. Pour in the broth and soy sauce. then, break the dry noodles into smaller pieces and place them in the liquid.
Step 6: Pressure Cook
Seal your Instant Pot lid, hit “pressure cook” or “manual” and set the time for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Quick Release
Quick-release the pressure and remove the lid.
Step 8: Toss Everything Together
With forks, break up the noodles and toss with the meat and vegetables.
Serve and Enjoy!
How Do You Know if the Chicken is Done?
It will take about 10-15 minutes for your chicken to cook through. You can tell the chicken is done by its color. It should be a white opaque type of color. Additionally, you should be able to insert a fork or knife into it easily and the juices coming out should be clear.
what If I Got the Burn Notice?
Oh, that dreaded burn notice! When making pasta of any kind, it can be super easy to get that burn notice. But, typically it’s because we’ve stirred the pasta. When making this recipe or any pasta recipe in the Instant Pot, DO NOT STIR THE NOODLES! All you need to do is set the broken pieces of ramen on top of the liquid and gently push them into it. See the pictures above.
Do I Have to Use Peppers?
If you aren’t a fan of bell peppers, you can substitute them with other veggies you may like. Chicken and ramen also pair well with corn, peas, and broccoli.
Instant Pot Ramen Noodles Side Options
Gourmet Instant Pot Ramen is hearty, healthy, and delicious all on its own. However, if you’re looking to add a little more to your meal, here are a few side options to try:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 medium carrots sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 green onions sliced in 2-inch parts
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 packages of dry ramen noodles, no broth packet.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 Cup Broth
- Set instant pot to sauté and add the oil. Cube chicken and add to instant pot once hot. Season meat with spices.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and soy sauce.
- Break dry noodles into smaller pieces and place them in the liquid.
- Seal the lid and pressure valve and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- With forks, break up the noodles and toss with the meat and vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1654mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Looking for more?! These Instant Pot chicken recipes are just as good! I know you’ll love them as much as I do.
- Instant Pot greek Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Grandma’s Instant Pot Honey Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Straganoff
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
10 Delicious Summer INSTANT POT DRINKS Are Quick and Easy To Make
I hope you enjoyed this list of 10 drool-worthy Instant Pot drinks! These are delicious, refreshing, and surprisingly quick to whip up on a summer afternoon for any occasion. What’s your favorite on so far? Let us know in the comments below!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!