Growing up, we always had some ramen in the house. It was great as a quick lunch or snack, but we all know it wasn’t the most nutritional option. Packed with protein-rich chicken breasts, carrots, bell peppers, and onions, this Instant Pot Ramen Noodles recipe is packed with nutrition and flavor for a hearty and comforting meal!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Chicken Ramen Recipe
I’ve always been a fan of some quick and easy ramen, but this chicken ramen Instant Pot dish turns your everyday pack of ramen noodle cakes into a gourmet dinner! Make this ramen noodle recipe tonight and you won’t be disappointed. It will quickly become one of your favorite Instant Pot Ramen Recipes.
You are going to love feeding this Instant Pot ramen noodles chicken dish to the whole family, and here’s why:
- It’s packed with fresh veggies. Instead of just carbs and salt, this Instant pot ramen noodles dish is packed with fresh veggies including carrots, bell peppers, and onions. All of which are full of nutrients.
- Super simple dinner option. Some days you just don’t feel like figuring out dinner, but this instant ramen noddles recipe will save you from ordering pizza, and it’s healthier too.
- More flavor. Not only is this easy recipe packed with veggies, but it’s bursting with even more flavor than classic ramen. Simply put it’s delicious.
- Protein rich. Made with chicken breast, this ramen is full of healthy, lean protein. So, even though it’s easy to make, you’ll also be getting nutrition which is what your body needs.
Are Ramen Noodles Bad For You?
Ramen noodles are typically high in sodium and not the most nutritious option. However, by adding fresh vegetables and lean protein like chicken, you can turn your ramen dish into a healthier meal.
Are Ramen Noodles Gluten Free?
Traditional ramen noodles are made with wheat flour and therefore, are not gluten-free. However, some brands offer gluten-free options such as Lotus Foods Rice Ramen Noodles.
What Are Ramen Noodles Made Of?
Ramen noodles are traditionally made with wheat flour, salt, water and kansui, which is a type of alkaline mineral water. This mixture creates the firm and springy texture of ramen noodles.
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen Ingredients
You’ll need a little more than a couple of packs of ramen for this Chicken ramen Instant Pot recipe. Here’s the ingredients list:
- Chicken breasts: I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. However, any boneless chicken will work.
- Carrots: You can buy regular carrots and slice them thin, or you can grab the pre-cut carrots instead.
- Bell peppers: For this recipe, you will need both a red bell pepper, and a green bell pepper. If you prefer yellow or orange, you can use those as well.
- Green onions: Green onions add a burst of flavor. You will want to slice them into 2-inch parts.
- Soy sauce: Low-sodium soy sauce adds another fabulous layer of flavor that the entire family will love.
- Sesame seeds: These are a great source of healthy fats, and they add a layer of texture with a nutty flavor.
- Packets of ramen noodles: You will need just two packets of regular ramen noodles. (You don’t need to use the seasoning packet). You can also switch the noodle packets out for brown rice ramen noodles if you prefer.
- Seasonings: In addition to the above ingredients, you’ll need to season this Instant pot chicken ramen with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Chicken Broth – This can be homemade chicken broth or ready-made chicken stock.
- Sesame Oil – To saute your chicken
Can I Use Vegetable Broth Instead of Chicken Broth?
If you are looking to make a vegetarian version of this easy ramen recipe, vegetable broth is a great option. However, keep in mind that the flavor profile will change slightly.
How To Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles With Chicken
Ready to make your own delicious and healthy Instant pot chicken ramen? Follow these simple steps
Step 1: Prep The Chicken Breasts
First, cut your chicken breasts into cubes and set them aside. Then, chop your veggies into thin strips and set them to the side.
Step 2: Season The Chicken
In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then, season your cubed chicken.
Step 3: Saute The Chicken In Sesame Oil
Hit the saute button on your Instant Pot and add the sesame oil. Add your seasoned, cubed chicken to the Instant Pot and cook your chicken until it’s cooked through.
Step 4: Saute the Vegetables
Now you have cooked chicken, add the vegetables to your Instant Pot and saute for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Add Liquid And Ramen Noodles
Hit cancel to turn off the saute function. Pour in the chicken broth and soy sauce. Next, break the ramen noodle cakes into smaller pieces and place into the liquid.
Step 6: Pressure Cook Your Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
Seal your Instant pot lid, hit the “pressure cook” or “manual” button. Set the pressure cooker to cook for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Quick Release The Instant Pot Ramen Noodles.
Now your Instant ramen noodles are ready you will need to perform a quick release on your Instant pot and remove the lid.
Step 8: Stir The Chicken Ramen Noodles
Stir the noodles and serve with a sprinkle of green onions and sesame seeds on top.
Serve and Enjoy!
Enjoy Your Instant Pot Ramen Noodle Dish
Enjoy your healthy, homemade Instant Pot ramen noodles with chicken! It’s a delicious meal that is easy to make, packed with protein, and full of flavor.
Enjoy as is or add some sliced hard boiled eggs or soft boiled eggs for extra protein.
How Do You Know If The Chicken Is Done?
It will take a 10-15 minutes cook time for your chicken to cook through in the pressure cooker.
You can tell the chicken is done by its color. It should be a white opaque type of color. Additionally, you should be able to insert a fork or knife into it easily and the juices coming out should be clear.
How Do I Make This Into A Ramen Noodle Soup?
If you’re a ramen lover then you may want to go one step further and make a delicious Instant pot ramen noodle soup.
To turn this Instant Pot ramen noodles dish into a soup, simply add more chicken broth to your desired consistency. Instant Pot soup recipes are absolutely delicious and this recipe is no exception! The recipe works well.
If making a soup then consider adding a few more veggies, for example, mushrooms, bok choy, green beans or snap peas.
How To Season Ramen Noodles?
For added flavor, try adding some sriracha sauce, or red pepper flakes for heat. And don’t forget the sliced green onions and sesame seeds on top for garnish!
Other flavors that go well with ramen noodles include:
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Coconut Aminos
- Miso paste
- Hoisin sauce
Feel free to get creative with your flavor combinations and have fun making this Instant Pot ramen noodles dish!
We all know that ramen isn't very hearty, but that just isn't the case with this gourmet Instant Pot Ramen Noodles recipe! Easy dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 medium carrots sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 green onions sliced in 2-inch parts
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 packages of dry ramen noodles, no broth packet.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 Cup Broth
- Set instant pot to sauté and add the oil. Cube chicken and add to instant pot once hot. Season meat with spices.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and soy sauce.
- Break dry noodles into smaller pieces and place them in the liquid.
- Seal the lid and pressure valve and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- With forks, break up the noodles and toss with the meat and vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1654mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Can I Use Other Types Of Meat In This Ramen Noodle Instant Pot Recipe?
Yes, absolutely! Feel free to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast or you could opt for shrimp, pork, beef or tofu in place of the chicken in this recipe.
Just make sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Whatever meat you cook, you’ll need to saute it until it is cooked through before adding your noodles and pressure cooking.
Can I Use Dried Ramen Noodles Instead Of The Cake Noodles?
Sure! Simply break up the dried ramen noodles and add them to the Instant Pot during the pressure cooking time. Keep in mind that they may not have as much of a chewy texture as the ramen cake noodles, but they will still taste delicious!
Are Instant Pot Ramen Noodles Better Than Stove Top Noodles?
This really comes down to personal preference. Both options are quick and easy to make, with the Instant Pot being slightly faster since it uses pressure-cooking technology.
Some people prefer the texture of traditional stove-top ramen noodles, while others enjoy the chewiness that the cake noodles provide in this Instant Pot recipe.
The Instant Pot also allows the cooked chicken, chicken stock and noodles to infuse flavors together, creating a more flavorful dish.
Ultimately, it’s up to you and your taste preferences! Give both options a try and see which one you prefer.
Do Ramen Noodles Expire Or Do Ramen Noodles Go Bad?
Generally, ramen noodles have a long shelf life and do not expire. However, the seasoning packet included with ramen noodles does have an expiration date.
To ensure the best taste, it’s best to use the seasoning packet before its expiration date.
Storing Leftover Ramen Noodles
Keep in mind that any recipe leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 3-4 days for optimal taste and food safety.
More Ramen Noodles F&Qs
Best Broth For Ramen Noodles?
For a traditional ramen noodle soup, it’s best to use a chicken or vegetable broth.
What Veggies Go Well In Ramen Noodles?
Some popular options include mushrooms, bok choy, snap peas, green beans and cabbage.
How Many Calories Do Ramen Noodles Have?
It depends on the brand, but generally one package of ramen noodles has around 200 calories.
Can Ramen Noodles Be Frozen?
Yes, they can be frozen for up to 2 months. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking and add extra broth when reheating as they may absorb some liquid during freezing.
How To Make Creamy Ramen Noodles?
To make creamy ramen noodles, consider adding some coconut milk or cream to your broth for a creamy texture. You could also stir in some cream cheese during the pressure cooking time for added creaminess.
Can I Make Vegetarian Ramen Noodles?
Yes, simply swap out the chicken for tofu or opt for a vegetable broth and add in your favorite veggies. You could also try using lentils or beans for added protein.
Instapot Ramen Side Dishes
Gourmet Instant Pot Ramen is hearty, healthy, and delicious all on its own. However, if you’re looking to add a little more to your meal, here are a few side options to try:
- Tasty Broccoli Salad
- Weight Watchers Fruit Salad
- Garlic and Parmesan Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
More Recipes For Your Instant Pot
Looking for more Instant pot recipes with added chicken goodness?! These Instant Pot chicken recipes are tasty and simple to make and my family loves them.