If you love shrimp then you have to try this amazing Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe. It tastes delicious and comes on a bed of fettuccine. Make this mouth-watering dish at home in your Instant Pot and enjoy the delicious flavours and tastes of shrimp scampi pasta.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
You’re going to love this shrimp scampi recipe whether it’s served on its own, served with a tossed green salad or over fettuccine. It’s super easy to make and tastes amazing!
This easy shrimp scampi recipe is a quick pasta cuisine. It can be made with both fresh and frozen shrimp. The great recipe has a variety of flavors and the buttery sauce is infused with lemon, garlic and butter for extra deliciousness.
This shrimp pasta dish is one of those Instant Pot pasta recipes you’ll want to make over and over again.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Cooking Times
This Instant Pot shrimp scampi on a bed of fettuccine noodles serves 4. Here are the cooking times:
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Shrimp Scampi Instant Pot Recipe Ingredients
- Butter: Adds a creamy, rich flavor to the scampi and aids in sautéing the garlic and onion.
- Olive Oil: Complements the butter in sautéing, adding a depth of flavor.
- Garlic: Essential for any scampi recipe, it infuses the dish with a robust, savory flavor.
- White Onion: Adds a sweet, slightly sharp flavor to the dish and enhances the aroma.
- Water: Used to quickly defrost the shrimp and keep them juicy.
- Frozen, Peeled Shrimp: The star of the dish, they’re succulent and absorb the flavors of the dish well.
- Fettuccine Noodles: Provide a hearty, starchy base for the scampi and soak up the flavorful sauce.
- Chicken Stock or Broth: Infuses the noodles with additional savory flavor and helps them cook evenly.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Adds a fresh, tangy contrast to the rich flavors of the dish.
- Sea Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes: Enhance the natural flavors of the shrimp and add a hint of heat.
- Fresh Parsley: Adds a fresh, herbal note and a pop of green color to finish the dish.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Instant Pot Style?
Here are the step-by-step instructions for cooking Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Step One: Turn Your Pressure Cooker to Saute Function
Turn your Instant Pot onto sauté mode. Once hot add to your pot the butter, olive oil, garlic, and white onion.
Stir occasionally until the butter has melted, and the onion has softened. This should take about 3 minutes.
Step Two: Saute Frozen Shrimp
Add frozen shrimp to your Instant Pot. Stir well allowing the shrimp to cook, as well as taking the flavors of the other ingredients in the pot.
Once your shrimp has cooked, remove the cooked frozen shrimp from the pot and set it aside. Turn off the saute button.
Step Three: Add Stock to the Instant Pot
Add to the pot your chicken broth or stock, water, fresh lemon juice, and fettuccine noodles. Mix well to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Close the Instant Pot lid. Close the seal the Instant Pot valve. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.
Step Four: Manually Release the Pressure
Once your Instant Pot time is complete, manually release the pressure by using a towel or hot pad to open the seal. You do this by bringing the valve toward you.
Do not perform a slow natural release, this will cause the shrimp to overcook and become rubbery.
Once the steam has completely released, open the Instant Pot lid. Add the cooked shrimp to the noodles and mix well.
Step Five: Garnish and Serve Shrimp Scampi
You can enjoy this Instant Pot scampi dish as is, or you can top it with more lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste, or parmesan cheese!
Serve and enjoy your delicious meal.
What to Serve With Shrimp Scampi?
If you’d like to know what goes with shrimp scampi then here are several suggestions:
- Fettuccine – classic and delicious, fettuccine is the perfect pairing for this rich and buttery shrimp scampi.
- Angel Hair Pasta – This is a thinner and more delicate pasta, perfect for pairing with shrimp scampi.
- Macaroni salad – This cold pasta salad is perfect to serve with warm shrimp scampi.
- Garlic Bread – Garlic bread goes well with just about any pasta dish.
- Greek Salad – This salad is simple to make and pairs well with shrimp scampi.
- Pineapple Salsa – This sweet and savory salsa is an unexpected but delicious pairing with shrimp scampi.
- Potato Salad – Another easy side dish that pairs well with shrimp scampi is potato salad.
FAQ About Shrimp Scampi
What Is Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp scampi is a popular seafood dish that includes a lemon, garlic and butter sauce. Making shrimp scampi from scratch has never been easier and this Instant Pot shrimp recipe is one my family enjoys.
Is Shrimp Scampi Italian?
Yes, shrimp scampi is an Italian dish. It was traditionally served over linguine or fettuccine pasta. However, there are many variations of shrimp scampi and this Instant pot shrimp scampi can be served with any pasta you desire.
Is Shrimp Scampi Healthy?
Shrimp scampi is a healthy dish and one that is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
Shrimp has a variety of health benefits. Like most seafood, shrimp is a great source of protein and contains Omega-3 fatty acids along with lots of antioxidants.
How Much Protein in Shrimp?
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein and contains about 20 grams of protein per serving. This shrimp scampi recipe has approximately 22 grams of protein for two servings.
Best Shrimp Scampi Sauce
Whilst scampi sauce does contain butter, this recipe is a great one and when eaten with a tossed green salad or fresh pasta, you’ll get a healthy balanced meal the whole family can enjoy.
Shrimp Scampi Nutrition
A 100g serving of shrimp scampi contains only 447 calories, 8g of saturated fat, 56 carbs and 37 grams of protein.
Shrimp is healthier than chicken and lean beef and is this Instant Pot shrimp scampi is a great energy-boosting recipe which has vitamin D Vitamin B and Selenium.
Can I Make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi With Fresh Shrimp?
Yes, you can use thawed shrimp for this dinner cuisine. Simply follow the same steps, cooking the raw shrimp for about 4-5 minutes and then proceeding with step 3 of the instructions above.
What Vegetables Goes With Shrimp Scampi?
You can enjoy this delicious recipe with any of the following vegetables:
Asparagus – This delicate and delicious vegetable is a great choice for serving with shrimp scampi.
Steamed Broccoli – Steamed broccoli is a classic pairing with shrimp scampi.
Cauliflower – This is another easy and delicious vegetable to pair with shrimp scampi.
Brussel Sprouts – This green vegetable is rich in taste and pairs well with the buttery shrimp scampi.
Why Add Lemon Juice to Shrimp Scampi?
The acidity of the lemon juice adds a bright, fresh flavor to shrimp scampi that perfectly complements the rich, buttery sauce. It also helps to keep the shrimp tender and juicy while cooking. Additionally, it can help prevent your shrimp from getting tough or rubbery during the cooking process.
Chicken Broth V’s Chicken Stock
There is not much difference between chicken broth and chicken stock, though many people often use the terms interchangeably. Both are made from simmering chicken bones or meat in water with added seasonings and spices, but some stocks may also include vegetables for additional flavor. Ultimately, both will work well when cooking shrimp scampi.
Can I Add Wine to Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi?
Yes, you can add wine to the shrimp scampi. Wine is a classic ingredient in this dish and will give the sauce a wonderful flavor.
What Wine Goes With Shrimp Scampi?
White wine is the most common wine to use in shrimp scampi, but if you prefer red wines, then a full bodied Pinot Noir or Rioja would also work well.
Is Shrimp Scampi Spicy?
It depends on the recipe you are using for shrimp scampi. Some recipes may include spices like chili powder, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, while others may not have any spice at all.
How Long Does Shrimp Scampi Last?
Shrimp scampi will last in your fridge for up to 3 days if stored properly.
How to Tell if Shrimp Is Bad?
To check whether your shrimp is fresh, look at the color and texture. Any shrimp which smells sour, looks dull or slimy should be discarded.
Can You Freeze Shrimp Scampi?
Yes, you can freeze shrimp scampi. To do so, allow the dish to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
Store for up to 3 months in the freezer for best results. Remember to thaw your shrimp scampi in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
How to Reheat Shrimp Scampi?
To reheat shrimp scampi, pour the dish into a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it is warmed through. Garnish with lemon juice chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
Is Shrimp a Shellfish?
Yes, shrimp are a type of shellfish. Other types of shellfish include lobster, crab, mussels, clams, and oysters.
Is Shrimp a Fish?
No, shrimp is not a type of fish. Rather, they are a type of shellfish, which is a category of aquatic animals that includes crustaceans like crabs and lobsters.
Is Shrimp Part of the Lobster Family?
No, shrimp are not part of the lobster family. While both shrimp and lobsters are crustaceans and share some culinary similarities, they belong to different animal groups. Lobsters are closely related to crabs, while shrimp are more closely related to crayfish.
Can You Eat Shrimp Tails?
Shrimp tails can be eaten, although they are often discarded by many diners. If you plan to eat the shrimp tail, be sure to remove it before cooking the shrimp or eating it.
Is Shrimp High in Cholesterol?
Shrimp is relatively high in cholesterol, with a single serving of shrimp containing about 100mg of cholesterol.
If you are worried about your cholesterol levels, it’s best to consume shrimp in moderation and balance out your other meals with plenty of fresh produce and whole grains.
Can Pregnant Women Eat Shrimp?
Can I eat shrimp while pregnant? Yes, pregnant women can eat shrimp. Shrimp is a great source of protein and other nutrients like selenium, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids.
It is important to cook your shrimp completely before eating when pregnant. Raw or undercooked shrimp may contain bacteria that could make you sick or unwell.
Can Dogs Eat Shrimp?
Dogs can eat shrimp in small quantities. Shrimp is high in protein and low in fat, making it a good food choice for dogs.
However, you should only feed your dog a small amount of shrimp at a time as too much protein or fat can be bad for their health.
Can Cats Eat Shrimp?
Cats can eat shrimp as long as it is given to them in moderation. Just like with dogs, shrimp should only be given to cats in small quantities so that they do not have too much protein or fat in their diet.
Shrimp is also a good source of selenium and vitamin B12, which are nutrients that cats need.
Do I Have to Serve Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi With Pasta?
No, you don’t have to serve this Instant Pot shrimp scampi with pasta.
Cooking pasta is an additional step but you can enjoy the shrimp separately, served with rice, on top of steamed vegetables, or garnished with your favorite spices for extra flavor!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb. frozen, peeled shrimp, deveined
- 12 oz fettuccine noodles, broken in half
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 whole fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Turn your instant pot on "sauté" mode. Once it is hot, add to your pot the butter, olive oil, garlic, and white onion. Stir occasionally until your butter has melted, and your onion has softened. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add to your pot your frozen shrimp. Stir well allowing the shrimp to cook, as well as taking the flavors of the other ingredients in the pot.
- Once your shrimp has cooked, remove the shrimp from the bowl. Set aside.
- Add to the pot your chicken stock, water, juice from the lemon, and noodles. Mix well to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and close the seal. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, manually release by using a towel or hot pad to open the seal. You do this by bringing the valve toward you.
- Once the steam has completely released, open your Instant Pot. Add in your shrimp to the pot and noodles. Mix well.
- You can top with more lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt or pepper to taste, and/or parmesan cheese
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 260mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more fantastic recipes? Why not try one of the following Instant Pot dishes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- BBQ Shrimp Skewers
- Kid Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 15 Crock Pot Recipes For Gastric Bypass Patients
- Instant Pot Easy Deviled Eggs With Shrimp
- Instant Pot Pizza Dough
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Rice Rissotto
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Tenderloin With Apple Cider Vinegar