Are you a fan of Teriyaki Chicken? If so you will love this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and mushroom recipe. It’s delicious, packed with flavor and one easy pressure cooker recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
Whether you have fresh chicken tenders or frozen chicken breast in the freezer, this meal can be cooked in little time using your trusty instant pot. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavorful and Hearty: The teriyaki sauce gives a savory-sweet taste to chicken and mushrooms.
- One-Pot Wonder: Easy cleanup with this all-in-one meal, perfect for busy weeknights.
- Healthful and Satisfying: Packed with protein and nutrients, it’s a guilt-free, scrumptious dinner option.
- Chicken Tenders: The main protein, they’re tender, quick to cook, and absorb the teriyaki sauce well.
- White Onion: Adds a slightly sweet and tangy flavor, complementing the savory teriyaki sauce.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms: Provides an earthy flavor and meaty texture that enhances the overall dish.
- Water: Used to create steam in the Instant Pot, aiding in the cooking process.
- Teriyaki Sauce: The key flavoring, it gives the dish its distinctive sweet, tangy, and savory taste.
- Garlic: Imparts a robust, aromatic flavor that deepens the complexity of the dish.
- Cornstarch: Acts as a thickening agent, giving the sauce a glossy finish and richer texture.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Adds a spicy kick and fragrant note, elevating the other flavors.
How to Make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Mushroom?
Place chicken cubed into the instant pot. Pour in one cup water. Set the valve to the sealed position. Push the manual or pressure cook button and set timer to 8 minutes or 10 minutes if your chicken is frozen.
Once the Instant Pot stops counting release the pressure. This is called quick release.
Drain the liquid from the chicken. Add in the onions and mushrooms.
Turn off your Instant Pot and turn on the saute mode. Set the lid on top of the instant pot. This allows the onions and mushrooms to steam and become tender. Stir often.
In a liquid measuring cup mix together teriyaki sauce, garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk well. Pour this over the chicken, onions, and mushrooms while on saute mode. This will thicken fast. Once the Teriyaki sauce starts to thicken turn off the saute mode.
Add the black pepper and stir well. Serve over steamed rice.
What To Serve With This Recipe?
We love to eat our chicken and mushroom Teriyaki with white rice. You can cook rice in the Instant Pot super easy, however you may want to eat this with egg noodles, coleslaw or a low carb option such as eggplant or delicious root vegetables.
What’s the Difference Between Soy Sauce and Teriyaki Sauce?
Soy sauce is a condiment made from soybeans, wheat, water and salt. Soy sauce is often used in traditional Chinese cuisine and is great for marinades, stir fry, dressings and dips. Teriyaki sauce on the other hand has a sweeter flavour as it is a combination of Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders (can also use 2 large breasts)
- 1 white onion; slice into half rounds
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms; sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Place chicken cubed into the instant pot. Pour in one cup water. Set the valve to the sealed position. Push the manual or pressure cook button and set timer to 8 minutes or 10 minutes if your chicken is frozen.
- Drain the liquid from the chicken. Add in the onions and mushrooms.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and turn on the sauté mode. Set the lid on top of the instant pot. This allows the onions and mushrooms to steam and become tender. Stir often.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together teriyaki sauce, garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk well. Pour this over the chicken, onions, and mushrooms while on sauté mode. This will thicken fast. Once the Teriyaki sauce starts to thicken turn off the sauté mode.
- Add the black pepper and stir well. Serve over steamed rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 977Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 4264mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 61g
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more fantastic recipes? Why not try out the following?
- Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- 31 Easy Instant Pot Recipes For The Beginner
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Instant Pot honey Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Roast Beef
- Instant Pot Puttanesca Pasta
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Chicken