These Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake Bites are an absolute delight. Creamy cheesecake on top of a deliciously sweet graham cracker crust topped with sweet caramel, rich chocolate ganache, and crushed pecans, these cheesecake bites ooze deliciousness in every single bite!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What is Turtle Cheesecake?
Are you wondering why this delicious cheesecake is named after a reptile? Well, it’s because this cheesecake got its name from a candy. Turtle candy looked like little turtles and was made from pecan pieces that were coated in caramel and then enveloped inside a glob of gourmet chocolate.
Because this cheesecake recipe uses pecans, caramel sauce, and chocolate ganache, it combines the delicious creaminess of a cheesecake with the delectable turtle candy bites for a treat that can’t be beaten!
Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need ingredients for the caramel sauce, the graham cracker crust, the chocolate ganache, and the cheesecake filling. Get out your shopping list because you’re going to need to write these ingredients down!
- Sweetened condensed milk: You will need 1 14oz can to make your sweet caramel sauce.
- Graham cracker crumbs: You can buy graham cracker crumbs or you can just buy whole graham crackers and smash them up in a ziploc bag.
- Butter: You will need to melt butter to make your graham cracker crust.
- Granulated sugar: This is just plain white sugar. You’ll need this for the crust.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: You will need these for both the chocolate ganache and the cheesecake filling.
- Heavy whipping cream: If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can make 1 cup by mixing 2/3 cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup melted butter. You’ll need it for both the chocolate ganache and the cheesecake filling.
- Cream cheese: Before making this recipe, you will need to set the cream cheese out on the counter for 30 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Brown sugar: Be sure to pack your sugar in the measuring cup.
- Flour: The flour is used to help thicken your cream cheese filling.
- Sour cream: You can also use Greek Yogurt as a substitute.
- Vanilla extract: This complements the chocolate chips for a delicious flavor.
- Eggs: Place your eggs in a bowl of water. If they float, throw them out.
- Chopped pecans: You can buy them already chopped, or you can do them yourself.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake Bites
Although there are multiple steps in this recipe, these turtle cheesecake bites are super easy to make. Just follow the steps below!
Step 1: Prep the Caramel Sauce
Remove the label from the condensed milk can. Open it, remove the top and cover it with aluminum foil. Then, place the can on the trivet in your Instant Pot. Pour water in the inner pot until it goes 3/4 of the way up the can.
Step 2: Pressure Cook the Caramel Sauce
Place the lid on your Instant Pot, and put the vent into the sealing position. Then, hit the pressure cook or manual button and set the time for 35-minutes. When finished, release the pressure and transfer the can to a cooling rack.
Pro Tip: It will take about 30-minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure due to how much water is in the inner pot.
Step 3: Make the Crust
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
Step 4: Put Crust in Egg Molds
Spray your egg molds with non-stick cooking spray. Then, place 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crust into each mold. Press down firmly.
Pro Tip: Make sure to press down or they will fall apart in the removal process.
Step 5: Make Chocolate Ganache
Put 12 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and an 8 oz bag of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 1-minute or until the chocolate is melted. Mix well.
Step 6: Add Chocolate Ganache to Graham Cracker Crust
Next, place 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache in the mold on top of the graham cracker crust.
Step 7: Begin Cream Cheese Filling
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and cream cheese. Beat well with an electric mixer.
Step 8: Add additional Ingredients
Next, add the vanilla extract and the sour cream. Mix well. Then, add one egg at a time while continuing to mix the cream cheese filling.
Step 9: Pour Cheese Cake Batter into Egg Molds
Pour the same amount of cheesecake batter into each egg mold over the crust and chocolate. Only fill it just to the edge of the mold.
Pro Tip: Don’t overfill the molds. If you do, the aluminum foil will get stuck to the cheesecake.
Step 10: Pressure Cooke the Cheesecake Bites
Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the inner pot. Then, place the trivet inside, and the egg molds on top of the trivet. Close the lid and place the valve in the sealing position. Then, hit the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 5-minutes.
Step 11: Natural Release and Cool
After the cheesecake bites are done cooking, let them sit in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes before moving the valve to the venting position. Then, remove the egg molds and transfer them to a cooling rack.
Step 12: Refrigerate
Once the cheesecake bites have cooled, place them in the refrigerator. They need to cool in the fridge for 4-hours before you can pop them out of the molds.
Step 13: Drizzle with Sauce
Finally, drizzle the turtle cheesecake bites with chocolate and caramel sauce. Top with additional pecans.
How Do I Know My Turtle Cheesecake Bites are Done?
You want your cheesecake to have a subtle wiggle, not a sloshy jiggle. If in doubt, use an instant-read thermometer. Your cheesecake should be between 140 to 150°F.
Can I Freeze Turtle Cheesecake?
Yes! You can save these little bites in the freezer for up to 2 months. Wrap each piece in plastic wrap, and then place them in a Ziploc freezer bag.
More Cheesecake Recipes to Try
If you loved these Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake Bites as much as I do, you have to try some of these other delicious Instant Pot cheesecake recipes!
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Smores Cheesecake
- The Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Chopped pecans
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar, granulated
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Remove the label from the condensed milk can. Open the lid, remove, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the can on the trivet. Pour enough water in the instant pot so it covers 3/4 of the outside of the can.
- Set to High Pressure for 35 minutes. It will take about 30 minutes to come to pressure due to the amount of water.
- Once the time is complete, carefully remove the can with tongs, and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crust.
- Lightly grease the egg molds with cooking spray.
- Place 1 tbsp of graham cracker crust into each mold. Make sure to press down or they will fall apart in the removal process.
- Place the milk and chips in the microwave for about 1 minute. Mix well. Place in the microwave longer to melt if needed.
- Place 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache in the mold on top of the egg mold.
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, flour, and cream cheese.
- Add in the vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix well.
- Followed by this, add one egg at a time while continuing to mix.
- Pour the cheesecake mix in the egg mold over the chocolate. Don’t overfill so the aluminum doesn’t get stuck to the cheesecake.
- Cover the egg molds with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the instant pot. Place the trivet inside the pot. Place the egg molds inside your pot (the egg molds will stack one on top of another.).
- Lock and seal your lid. Close your sealing valve.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes. Allow for natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the egg molds, and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool, and then transfer to the refrigerator. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours before popping out of the molds.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the bites, followed by the caramel sauce. Top with chopped pecans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1173Total Fat: 81gSaturated Fat: 43gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 235mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 4gSugar: 86gProtein: 17g
More Instant Pot Desserts
Want something other than cheesecake bites? You can make tons of delicious desserts in your Instant Pot. Here are some of my favorites:
- Layered Instant Pot Apple Spice Cake
- Delicious Gluten Free Instant Pot Nutella Bites
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Heart Cake
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!