This recipe is for all those who love and want to try their own vegetable soup in their Instant Pot. The preparation for this recipe is 35-45 minutes and can make up to 6 servings. We have made this recipe many times and has been one of our family favorites.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Although soups are often made for the winter months, we often find we are making this meal a lot through the summer months. This a gorgeously simple meal that anyone can make in the InstantPot.
Whether they are seasoned InstantPot professionals or InstantPot newbies. This is one vegetable soup recipe that you can make all year round, no matter that the season or weather.
Cooking soup in the instant pot
This Instant Pot Soup can be prepared very easily before you set off for work or when you return home from a long day’s work and you don’t wish to spend a long time slaving over the stove. This Instant pot Soup Recipe is also a great idea if you love going to the market and looking for fresh organic vegetables.
The whole idea for this soup is to have all hands peel and dice the ingredients as quickly as you can. Pour the ingredients into the Instant Pot, set the timer, and leave it to cook while you take a quick shower or just put your feet up for a few minutes.
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Instructions
With this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup, it does take a little bit of preparation. The choices of Rapeseed oil (canola oil) or Olive Oil is a personal choice before you fill the IP Pot with your ingredients.
- Peel the onion and finely dice.
- Peel the carrots and chop into small chunks.
- while you add your chopped and peeled vegetables to the InstantPot.
- Boil the kettle and add one vegetable cube and 6 cups (1400ml) of hot water into a large pyrex jug, Once the vegetable stock has dissolved leave to stand while you finish off preparing the ingredients.
- Chop a Large Beef tomato into small chunks.
- Now add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Then add the vegetable broth into the pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and green beans and stir.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook for 4-6 minutes, be also sure to turn off ‘keep Warm’ (if you are adding barley, it may need 8 minutes for the barley to soften up properly).
- The InstantPot will take roughly 15 minutes to come to pressure and begin counting down. When the LED Display says ‘END’. The cooking cycle has completed
- Once the Instant Pot has completed its cooking cycle. You can either let the pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes or quick release if you have many hungry mouths to feed.
our Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
This Instant Pot Crack Chili Chicken Recipe is a very easy and quick to make. This full of protein meal will surely love your whole family.
- 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, trim fat
- 15 oz black beans, canned or cooked, drained
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz can diced green chiles drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 oz packet ranch seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz package cream cheese cubed and softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + Tbsp cold water to thicken chili (optional)
- Add to your instant pot your chicken breast, black beans, corn, canned tomatoes, green chili, Bacon, ranch seasoning, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour in your chicken broth.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and close the ceiling valve by pushing the valve away from you. Select pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Once your instant pot has finished cooking, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you to release all the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breast from the instant pot to a cutting board. Set aside.
- Select cancel on your instant pot, and then select sauté mode.
- While your instant pot is heating up to sauté mode, shred your chicken breasts. One shredded, add to your pot.
- Add your cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Mix well until completely melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 2014mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 36g
You may enjoy the following recipes:
- Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Kid Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Valentines Recipes
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Questions and Answers
- Is my instant pot sealing correctly?
- Lemon and Blueberry Cake
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!