Ready to have a dinner that is going to leave you wanting more? This is literally the BEST Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe and I’m going to share you the exact process on how to make it in your kitchen. With a total prep and cook time of less than one hour, you’ll never have to order this delicious dish for delivery or take out ever again.
It’s time to take back the cooking in your house and use this delicious beef and broccoli Instant Pot recipe to do just that!
Why is there cornstarch in the sauce?
The cornstarch is used as a thickener and it also helps it to stick onto the beef pieces a bit better as well.
Could you make this Instant Pot recipe using chicken?
You could! It would be so tasty to use chicken instead of beef! Just switch out the meat and make certain that you cook your chicken all the way through!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Cooking Times
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Instant Pot Broccoli And Beef
- · 2/3 cup water
- · 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- · 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- · 1/4 cup brown sugar
- · 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- · 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- · 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- · 1 teaspoon cayenne
Remaining ingredients for beef and broccoli:
- · 2 lb round strips (see notes)
- · 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, separated
- · 4 cups broccoli florets
- · 3 garlic cloves, minced
- · 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- · 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
- · 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
How To Make Instant Pot Beef With Broccoli
1. Mix together all ingredients for the sauce. You can pour into a medium size bowl, and whisk well. Or place in a mason jar, and shake well!
2. Put your meat in a medium sized bowl. Pour about ¼ of the sauce mixture over the meat. Allow it to marinate at least 30 minutes; longer if you have the time. This will allow your meat to be tender and flavorful.
3. Turn your Instant Pot on to “sauté mode”. Once it become hot, pour in your oil, and all of the broccoli florets. You can add fresh or frozen. Frozen florets should take about 8 minutes to cook down, where fresh should take about 4 minutes. You might also prefer them more raw, or more cooked. Cook until you reach desired consistency. Once they are as tender as you like, remove, and set aside.
4. With your Instant Pot still on Saute mode, add 2 more TBSP of oil, garlic, ginger, and your meat. I suggest placing about 1/3 of the meat in at a time so it doesn’t become crowded in the pot. Brown each portion until each portion is cooked thoroughly.
5. After all of the meat is browned, add in the rest of your sauce mixture. Mix well.
6. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve. Set the IP to High Pressure at 15 minutes.
7. Once the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release.
8. Open the IP, and add in the broccoli. Mix well so the sauce is coated on the florets as well as the meat.
9. Serve with green onions and/or sesame over a bed of rice or noodles! Eat with chopsticks, or a fork! No judgments! And enjoy!