If you’re looking for a delicious soup recipe that can help you reach your goals, this weight loss cabbage soup recipe needs to be on your radar. It’s a fast and easy soup recipe that you’ll want to eat over and over again.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Is Cabbage Soup?
Cabbage soup is a hearty and filling dish that is made using cabbage as the main ingredient. It can be prepared in a variety of different ways, depending on your preferences and tastes. Some people prefer to add meat or other vegetables to their cabbage soup, while others enjoy it unadorned.
Does The Cabbage Soup Diet Work?
There is some debate over whether or not the cabbage soup diet actually works. Some people believe that the low-calorie nature of cabbage soup, paired with other healthy foods, can help promote weight loss and encourage overall health. However, others feel that there isn’t enough scientific evidence to support this claim.
Cabbage Soup For Weight Loss
Starting a diet and losing weight can be hard. But what this simple soup recipe does is prep you to not make you feel like you’re missing out because you can eat a lot of this soup to fill your tummy!
Can I Eat As Much Cabbage Soup As I Want?
You can eat unlimited cabbage soup as it’s low in calories and super filling and can help you lose feel fuller for longer.
Why You’ll Love This Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Recipe
Not only is this the best weight loss soup recipe ever but it’s flavorful, too! One bowl just isn’t going to be enough and you’re not going to have to feel guilty about having more!
That’s what I love about weight loss cabbage soup. You can have more whenever you fancy.
- Simple and easy to make. You’ll love that it’s made using affordable ingredients.
- Filling and delicious. Filling your belly while still shedding the pounds is the best recipe ever!
- Perfect for leftovers. Make a big pot of this weight loss cabbage soup recipe and save some for the next day.
Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Ingredients
Once you gather up the simple ingredients needed to make this weight loss cabbage soup, you’re going to love all the flavors.
- 2 Tsp Olive oil – Olive oil is a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also a good source of vitamin E, a nutrient that helps protect cells from damage.
- 1 Pound Lean Ground beef – Ground beef is a good source of protein and iron. Protein is essential for building muscle and repairing tissue, and iron helps carry oxygen to the body’s cells.
- 1 Onion – Onions are a source of antioxidants, which help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. They are also a good source of fiber and vitamin C.
- 3 Garlic cloves – Garlic cloves are a source of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. They have also been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 2 Carrots – Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that the body converts to vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for healthy skin and vision.
- 2 Cups Chopped cabbage – Chopped cabbage is a good source of vitamins C and K, both of which are important for healthy bones. It is also a source of fiber.
- 4 Cups Low-sodium beef broth or Vegetable Broth – Low-sodium beef broth is a good source of protein, potassium, and magnesium. Protein is essential for building muscle and repairing tissue.
- 1 TBSP Tomato sauce – Tomato sauce is a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that may help protect against cancer. It is also a good source of vitamin C.
- 1/2 Cup White rice – White rice is a source of carbohydrates, which the body uses for energy. It is also a source of thiamin, niacin, and vitamin B6. You can switch this for brown rice too!
- 1 Bay leaf – Bay leaves are a source of antioxidants and vitamin C. They have also been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 1 TBSP Brown sugar – This adds a sweetener to the dish. Brown sugar is a source of carbohydrates, which the body uses for energy. It is also a source of minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
- 2 TBSP Chopped parsley – Chopped parsley is a source of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. It has also been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
How To Make Weight Loss Cabbage Soup?
You’re not gonna believe how easy it is to make this weight loss cabbage soup. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Peel The Carrots
Peel the carrots and cut them. Сhop the garlic. Cut the onion into small pieces.
Step 2: Fry The Beef
In a saucepan, fry minced beef with onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
Step 3: Add The Ingredients
Add carrots, cabbage and rice.
Step 4: Cook Over Medium Heat
Pour in the broth, add tomato sauce, bay leaf, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
Step 5: Add Parsley
Remove the bay leaf and add fresh parsley.
Turn This Into A Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Instant Pot Recipe
Step by step instructions for cooking instant pot cabbage soup:
Step One: Turn Instant Pot To Saute Mode
To cook your cabbage soup in the Instant Pot, saute the onions and mince before draining any fat.
Step Two: Add Ingredients To Instant Pot
Next add all the remaining ingredients, plus one extra cup of water.
Step Three: Pressure Cook Cabbage Soup
Close the Instant Pot lid and pressure cook your cabbage soup for 5 minutes on high pressure.
Step Four: Season And Serve Your Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
Add Kosher salt and black pepper to taste or a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes for a little spicy kick.
Serve your pressure cooker cabbage soup in a bowl.
How Often To Eat This Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe?
This just depends on your weight loss goals but you can eat a couple of bowls a day to jumpstart your weight loss.
Some people follow a 3 day cabbage soup diet whereas others will have this cabbage soup as part of a 7 day cabbage soup diet.
How Does Cabbage Soup Help Burn Fat?
This cabbage soup recipe is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a filling recipe to help curb your appetite.
As you eat cabbage soup daily, along with healthy vegetables and lean protein, your body will begin to burn fat for fuel instead of relying on excess carbs and sugars. This can help you lose weight over time and improve your overall health.
Additionally, cabbage is rich in antioxidants that may help prevent cancer and other chronic diseases, making it an excellent addition to any diet regimen.
So if you’re looking to shed a few pounds and improve your overall health, try this delicious cabbage soup recipe today!
You won’t have rapid weight loss but the lean meats and all the vegetables in the cabbage soup diet will help you along the way.
This is one of my favorite healthy recipes full of essential nutrients and goodness.
Pros and Cons Of Cabbage Soup Diet?
The biggest pro is that you can eat a lot of this cabbage soup without guilt. The biggest con is that cabbage soup might be lacking in flavor when compared to other soup recipes.
Can I Add More Vegetables To Cabbage Soup?
Yes, you can definitely add more vegetables to the cabbage soup recipe. Some great ideas include kale, broccoli, zucchini, diced tomatoes and spinach.
You can also try adding lean protein sources such as chicken or ground turkey, or even some green beans or lentils for added fiber and protein.
Just make sure you’re keeping your overall calorie intake in check so that you can effectively lose weight with this cabbage soup diet.
I like to add green bell peppers to my cabbage soup. Green peppers are a great source of vitamin C, which may help reduce the risk of cancer and boost immune function.
Bell pepper is also a good source of fiber and antioxidants, making it a great addition to any diet. So if you’re ready to try this weight loss cabbage soup recipe, give it a go today!
You are sure to love the flavor and feel amazing benefits as your body burns fat and improves overall health.
How To Store Cabbage Fat Burning Soup?
There are a few different ways to store this cabbage soup diet recipe. One option is to keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Batch cooking your cabbage soup and dividing it up into portions can help you with your cabbage soup diet plan.
Can I Freeze Cabbage Soup?
Yes, you can definitely freeze cabbage soup. Just make sure to leave space in your freezer containers for the soup to expand as it freezes.
Portioning out your leftovers into individual servings can also help with freezing and thawing later on.
Another great option is to freeze cabbage soup by making a big batch of soup and then freezing it in meal prep containers.
This way, you can defrost a container of soup in the fridge overnight or quickly heat it up in the microwave if you’re in a hurry.
Can I Make Cabbage Soup In The Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can definitely make cabbage soup in the slow cooker. Simply add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
This is a great option if you want to batch prepare your cabbage soup diet recipe ahead of time and then have it ready when you’re ready.
What To Serve With Cabbage Soup – If Im Not Following The Cabbage Soup Diet Plan?
If you want to eat weight loss cabbage soup with other dishes you may want to try it with the following:
– Cauliflower rice
– Rotisserie chicken or grilled salmon
– Fresh fruit salad or roasted vegetables
– Hummus or avocado toast
– Quinoa salads or homemade soups
Look at how simple this Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe is!
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Ground beef 1 pound
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- Chopped cabbage 2 cups
- Low-sodium beef broth 4 cups
- 3 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- White rice (raw) 1/2 cup
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Chopped parsley 2 tbsp
- Peel the carrots and cut them. Сhop the garlic. Cut the onion into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, fry minced beef with onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, cabbage and rice.
- Pour in the broth, add tomato sauce, bay leaf, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the bay leaf and add fresh parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Chinese Dumpling Soup
- Instant Pot Panera Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Peruvian Soup
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Soup