Pizza rolls for the win! Using your air fryer is a super fast and simple way to cook these delicious Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls! (You can actually make these in the oven AND the air fryer!)
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Are Pizza Roll Ups?
Pizza rolls are basically the equivalent of a piece of pizza, rolled up into one nice and delicious little bite-sized treat! All the ingredients together, in each and every bite.
Who Invented Pizza Rolls?
Pizza rolls have been around since 1968. Created by Jeno Paulucci and was later purchased to have the name changed to Totinos, which is what we’re all familiar with seeing at the grocery store nowadays.
Why Make Pizza Rolls In The Air Fryer?
Homemade Pizza rolls are delicious and easy to cook, and making air fryer pizza rolls is super fast and simple to cook.
How Long To Put Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer?
Air Fryer pizza rolls take just 10 minutes. This is why it’s our go-to method of cooking because when we’re hungry, we want them quickly!
Pizza Chicken Roll Ingredients
Making your own pizza rolls from scratch is easy to do! Just gather up the list of simple ingredients below to get started.
- Pizza dough – You can make your own pizza dough or buy it premade from the store.
- Barbecue sauce or Buffalo Sauce – Use your favorite and enjoy.
- Fried chicken – This adds a bit of crunch and such delicious flavor.
- Red onion – Using a red onion is a great way to add a hint of sweetness.
- Bacon – Crispy bacon for the win!
- Vegetable oil – You can also use coconut oil, too.
- Mozzarella – Shredded cheese is simple and easy to add. You can also use different flavors of cheese as well.
- Parsley – Great topping!
- Ground red pepper – This can be optional but will add some heat.
How To Make A Chicken Roll With Pizza Dough
As you can see, the simple steps listed below are fast and simple to make.
Step 1: Prepare
Prepare all the ingredients.
Step 2: Roll out the dough
Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Brush with sauce.
Step 3: Add the cheese
Put on the grated cheese and pepper flakes.
Step 4: Add the onion
Peel the chopped onion on the cheese.
Step 5: Cut the chicken
Cut the chicken into pieces, add the fried crushed bacon.
Step 6: Roll the dough
Roll into a tight roll.
Step 7: Cook
Cut into mugs, put on a greased baking sheet cut down, cook in a preheated oven to 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
If cooking in the air fryer, cook at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
What To Serve With Pizza Rolls
Pizza rolls are super yummy on their own but don’t forget that adding in some veggies is always a good idea. A simple side salad would be a great addition or even some steamed broccoli.
We also like to pair this with fresh fruit to end with a delicious sweet treat.
These pizza rolls are so simple and easy to make! Full of great flavor!
- Pizza dough 500 g
- Barbecue sauce or Buffalo Sauce 0.5 stack
- Fried chicken 1 cup
- 1 Red onion
- Bacon – 4 slices
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella 1.5 cup
- Parsley 3 sprigs
- Ground red pepper 0.5 tsp
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Brush with sauce.
- Put the grated cheese and pepper flakes.
- Peel the chopped onion on the cheese.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, add the fried crushed bacon.
- Roll into a tight roll.
- Cut into mugs, put on a greased baking sheet cut down, cook in a preheated oven to 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- If cooking in the air fryer..cook at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
More Pizza Recipes & Tips
If you’re a fan of all things pizza, we’ve got you covered. Here are some other delicious pizza recipes that everyone is sure to love!