Everyone will love these Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies! They’re the perfect texture and taste for your sweetie! If you’re ready for a simple recipe, these Valentine butter cookies are the BEST! Soft, crispy, and delicious!
Be sure to check out my Toffee Instant Pot Angel Food Cake for another totally yummy and sweet treat.
Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies: Homemade
When it comes to an easy homemade cookie recipe for Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with this. It’s a simple and easy way to treat yourself and those that you love – by reaching their hearts through their bellies and tastebuds!
Why You’ll Love These Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies
These valentine’s day heart cookies are:
- Perfectly bite-sized
- Lightly sweet and crispy
- Easy to store and save for later
Homemade Heart Cookies – Ingredients
Just gather up the simple list of ingredients below to get started! This list is short and sweet!
- Flour: The foundation of your cookies, flour provides structure and ensures they hold their heart shape while baking.
- Egg: Acts as a binding agent, helping to hold the ingredients together while also adding moisture to ensure your cookies aren’t dry.
- Powdered Sugar: Sweetens cookies without being overly sweet, and its fine texture ensures a smooth, light texture.
- Corn Starch: Makes your cookies wonderfully tender and helps them hold their shape in the oven.
- Salt: Enhances all the other flavors in your cookies, bringing out the sweetness and the flavor of the butter.
- Raspberry Jam: Gives your heart cookies a sweet, fruity center that complements the buttery cookie and adds a lovely pop of color.
- Unsalted Butter: Ensures your cookies are deliciously crumbly and melt-in-your-mouth good.
How to Make Heart Shaped Cookies?
Once you make your first batch of heart-shaped cookies, you’ll be a pro in no time at all!
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Step 2: Add the Ingredients
Put the softened butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer.
Step 3: Add the Egg
Add the egg and continue to beat.
Step 4: Add the Flour
Add flour, starch and salt.
You should get soft dough.
Step 5: Make the Dough
Roll the balls. Make hearts inside with a teaspoon or thumbs.
Step 6: Bake
Bake for 15 minutes.
How to Store Cookies to Keep Them Soft?
One of the biggest things to remember when you’re storing cookies is that you need to keep them stored in an airtight container so that they’re soft. These don’t have to be stored in the fridge but can be.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Make a Heart-Shaped Cookie Without Cutter?
The best part about these cookies is that the heart shape is in the center of the cookie. This means that you’ll be able to make the heart using the back of a spoon or even your thumb easily!
Can You Change the Flavor of the Jam Inside the Cookies?
Absolutely! I like to use raspberry jam because of the red coloring, but you can easily use strawberry jam, cherry jam, blueberry jam, blackberry jam, or any other flavor of jam that you’d like.
Can You Freeze Cookies?
Yep! Once the cookies have cooled down, just add them to a freezer-safe storage bag or container and put them in the fridge. They’ll be ready to thaw when you’re ready to eat them next.
- Flour – 9 oz.
- Egg – 1
- Powdered sugar - 4 tbsp
- Corn starch - 4 tbsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Raspberry jam
- Unsalted butter 1 stick
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2) Put the softened butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer.
3) Add the egg and continue to beat.
4) Add flour, starch and salt.
You should get a soft dough.
5) Roll the balls. Make hearts inside with a teaspoon or thumbs.
7) Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
More Dessert Cookie Recipes
Here are some of my other favorite dessert and cookie recipes that I think you’ll love, too! You can never have too many sweet treats and recipes when it comes to baking cookies!
- How To Freeze Cookie Dough And Baked Cookies
- Instant Pot Cheesecake With Crumble Topping
- Delicious Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples: Enjoy Fall In Cosy Dessert Heaven
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!