Cooking this Beef Chili Instant Pot recipe is a breeze! Now you can get that hearty chili flavor and taste with minimal prep and effort! Why spend more time making chili when you can use that time to be eating it? Find out how simple and easy it is to make chili in the Instant Pot today.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Do I Need To Use The Instant Pot Chili Setting?
When it comes to cooking this ground beef chili instant pot recipe you can either use the Instant Pot Chili Setting or follow the manual instructions. If your Instant Pot has the Chili setting then simply hit that button and change the set time to 12 minutes.
If there is no Chili button on your instant pot or pressure cooker, set the pot manually on high pressure for 12 minutes.
Ingredients For Instant Pot Beef Chili
- 1 pound 90/10 ground hamburger
- 1 small onion diced
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or diced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 28 oz beef broth
- 6 oz tomato paste optional
How To Make This Ground Beef Chili Instant Pot Recipe
Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute mode. Add in hamburger and onion, cooking through.
Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, curry powder, and beef broth to the Instant Pot.
Without stirring, add the lid to the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to the SEALING MODE.
Turn the Instant Pot on by hitting the CHILI/BEAN BUTTON and adjusting the time to set to 12 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to cook and release naturally. Once there is no more steam you can set the valve to release.
If the chili isn’t as thick as you’d like, add in the tomato paste and stir to ensure the tomato paste breaks down and heats through.
Serve and enjoy your easy instant pot chili!
How to store leftovers
Putting leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container is key! You can then reheat and enjoy this flavor and taste it again the next day!
What are some of the best chili toppings?
The chili toppings are totally up to you. You can easily make every bowl taste differently depending on the toppings that you want to use. Some topping suggestions are:
- Hot sauce
- Diced onions
Other Soup Recipes to Try
If you liked this Beef Chili Instant Pot recipe, try some of our other delicious soups:
- Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Peruvian Soup
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup
- The Best Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Ham And White Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Chili with Ground Beef
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
This simple chili recipe is loaded with ground beef and other easy ingredients!
- • 1 LB 90/10 ground hamburger
- • 1 small onion diced
- • 10 oz rotel tomatoes
- • 28 oz crushed tomatoes or diced
- • 1 tbsp ground cumin
- • 2 tbsp chili powder
- • 1 tbsp curry powder
- • 28 oz beef broth
- • 6 oz tomato paste optional
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute mode. Add in hamburger and onion, cooking through.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, curry powder and beef broth to the Instant Pot.
- Without stirring, add the lid to the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to the SEALING MODE.
- Turn the Instant Pot on by hitting the CHILI/BEAN BUTTON and adjusting the time to set to 12 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to cook and release naturally. Once there is no more steam you can set the valve to release.
- If the chili isn't as thick as you'd like, add in the tomato paste and stir to ensure the tomato paste breaks down and heats through.
- Serve and enjoy!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!