Cooking this Beef Chili Instant Pot recipe is a breeze! Now you can get that hearty chili flavor and taste with minimal prep and effort! Why spend more time making chili when you can use that time to be eating it? Find out how simple and easy it is to make chili in the Instant Pot today.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Beef Chili Instant Pot Recipe
- Hearty and Flavorful: This beef chili is packed with robust flavors and satisfying textures.
- Quick and Convenient: The Instant Pot significantly cuts down the cooking time.
- Perfect for Gatherings: It’s a crowd-pleaser that easily serves a large group.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Chili
- Ground Hamburger: Serves as the base protein for this Easy Beef Chili Instant Pot recipe.
- Onion: Contributes a slightly sweet and aromatic taste, enhancing the overall profile of the dish.
- Rotel Tomatoes: Add a tangy and slightly spicy flavor to the chili, giving it a zesty kick.
- Crushed Tomatoes or Diced Tomatoes: Add a natural sweetness and a rich tomato taste, making the chili a comforting and classic dish.
- Ground Cumin: Brings a distinct smokiness that complements the other ingredients.
- Chili Powder: Contributes a bold and robust flavor with a hint of heat, giving the chili its characteristic taste.
- Curry Powder: Brings a fragrant and slightly sweet taste, infusing the dish with a subtle hint of Indian-inspired flavors.
- Beef Broth: Helps to bring all the flavors together for a well-rounded chili.
- Tomato Paste (Optional): Optional but can contribute to a more robust flavor profile.
How To Make This Ground Beef Chili Instant Pot Recipe
Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute mode. Add in hamburger and onion, cooking through.
Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, curry powder, and beef broth to the Instant Pot.
Without stirring, add the lid to the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to the SEALING MODE.
Turn the Instant Pot on by hitting the CHILI/BEAN BUTTON and adjusting the time to set to 12 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to cook and release naturally. Once there is no more steam you can set the valve to release.
If the chili isn’t as thick as you’d like, add in the tomato paste and stir to ensure the tomato paste breaks down and heats through.
Serve and enjoy your easy instant pot chili!
How to Store Leftovers?
Putting leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container is key! You can then reheat and enjoy this flavor and taste it again the next day!
What Are Some of the Best Chili Toppings?
The chili toppings are totally up to you. You can easily make every bowl taste differently depending on the toppings that you want to use. Some topping suggestions are:
- Hot sauce
- Diced onions
Other Soup Recipes to Try
If you liked this Beef Chili Instant Pot recipe, try some of our other delicious soups:
- Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Peruvian Soup
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup
- The Best Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Ham And White Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Chili with Ground Beef
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need to Use the Instant Pot Chili Setting?
When it comes to cooking this ground beef chili instant pot recipe you can either use the Instant Pot Chili Setting or follow the manual instructions. If your Instant Pot has the Chili setting then simply hit that button and change the set time to 12 minutes.
If there is no Chili button on your instant pot or pressure cooker, set the pot manually on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- •1 LB 90/10 ground hamburge
- •1 small onion diced
- 10 oz rotel tomatoes
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or diced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 28 oz beef broth
- 6 oz tomato paste optional
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute mode. Add in hamburger and onion, cooking through.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, curry powder and beef broth to the Instant Pot.
- Without stirring, add the lid to the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to the SEALING MODE.
- Turn the Instant Pot on by hitting the CHILI/BEAN BUTTON and adjusting the time to set to 12 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to cook and release naturally. Once there is no more steam you can set the valve to release.
- If the chili isn't as thick as you'd like, add in the tomato paste and stir to ensure the tomato paste breaks down and heats through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1254mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 9gSugar: 17gProtein: 9g