Have you ever made meatloaf that just comes out kind of dry? Well, it’s never dry in your Instant Pot! This delicious Instant Pot Meatloaf comes out juicy and bursting with flavor every single time.
It’s the perfect comfort food for a chilly night. If you’ve never made meatloaf in an Instant Pot, you’re in for a real treat. It’s so easy and the results are amazing. I’m going to show you how to make a delicious meatloaf that is juicy, flavorful, and cooked to perfection. You’re going to love it!
Why You’ll Love This Meatloaf Recipe
There are various reasons why you’ll love making meatloaf in an Instant Pot. First and foremost, it’s a quick and easy meal that can be ready in just over an hour. This is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
Additionally, using an Instant Pot allows the flavors to really develop and infuse into the meatloaf. The pressure cooking method helps to tenderize the meat and lock in all the delicious juices, resulting in a moist and flavorful dish.
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
- Ground Beef: Is the main protein source, providing a rich, hearty flavor and texture that forms the base of your meatloaf.
- Red Bell Peppers: Add a sweet, slightly tangy flavor and a bit of crunch, which contrasts nicely with the soft, savory meatloaf.
- Egg: Acting as a binding agent, the egg helps hold all the ingredients together to maintain the shape of the meatloaf.
- Nature’s Seasoning: A blend of spices designed to enhance the natural flavors of the meat and vegetables.
- Garlic Powder & Paprika: Contribute a warm, savory depth to the overall flavor profile of the meatloaf.
- Parsley: Adds a hint of freshness and a pop of color to the meatloaf, balancing out its richness.
- Ketchup: Provides a tangy sweetness that complements the savory flavors of the meatloaf, and creates a delicious glaze on top when cooked.
- Bread Crumbs: Help to bind the mixture together and add a bit of lightness to the texture of the meatloaf.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a complex, umami-rich flavor that deepens the savory qualities of the meatloaf.
How to Make This Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe?
This recipe is super simple to make which is why it’s a huge hit at my house. Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Prep
Dice the pepper
Step 2: Mix Ingredients
In a mixing bowl, add beef, peppers, spices, Worcestershire sauce, crumbs, egg, and 1/4 cup of ketchup. Mix together until combined.
Step 3: Prepare Spring Foam Pan
Spray spring mold pan with oil and place meat mixture inside.
Step 4: Place It in the Instant Pot
Set the pan on the trivet in the instant pot with 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
Step 5: Pressure Cook
Set instant pot to high pressure for 1 hour.
Step 6: Naturally Release Then Quick Release
Naturally release pressure (let it sit when done) for 10 minutes and Quick Release the rest of the pressure for 5 minutes. When done and set aside to rest before removing from pan.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy
Add any side dish from the list above.
Meatloaf Alternatives and Side Dish Options
For this meal, you could choose to use one or more side dish options. Like, Dinner rolls and potato wedges, or Garlic Bread and Sweet Potato Fries. The list is endless, however, we have given you a few ideas as for potential side dish options.
- Dinner Rolls
- Instant pot meatloaf and mashed potatoes
- Potato Wedges
- Instant pot meatloaf and potatoes
- Garlic Bread
- Instant pot turkey meatloaf
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Veggies
- Seasoned Rice
- Broccoli Salad
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Green Beans
- Mac n Cheese
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Fresh Cucumber & Chili Salad
Instant Pot Meatloaf Tips and Tricks
Everyone wants to make sure their food comes out juicy and delicious! Check out these tips to make sure it comes out great the first time:
- Don’t skip any ingredients. Eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire etc don’t just add flavor and texture, they help make the meat juicier.
- Add more veggies. This recipe calls for bell peppers, but you can add more flavor by adding shredded carrots and sweet onions.
- Sauté the veggies. Another great way to make this recipe burst with flavor is to sauté the veggies before adding them into your ground beef. This will not only add more flavor, but more moisture to your meat.
- Use tin foil. Since meatloaf typically creates a lot of liquid, you can place foil around the pan to make the sides taller and prevent spills. You can also use tin foil to create handles around the spring foam pan so you can easily lift it out of the Instant Pot.
- Never cook it in the inner pot. Meatloaf has to be cooked using the pot in pot method. If you attempt to cook it just inside the inner pot, you will get the dreaded burn notice.
What Are Some of Your Favorite Meatloaf Toppings?
I love to top my meatloaf with ketchup, BBQ sauce, or even a simple glaze made from brown sugar and mustard. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could try a savory topping like blue cheese or horseradish.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long to Cook Meatloaf in Instant Pot?
The great thing about this recipe is that it literally only takes an hour to cook! This may seem like about the same time as cooking it in the oven, but remember, the oven dries out your meat. Fortunately, the Instant Pot puts moisture into it, making it so much better!
Can I Freeze This Meatloaf?
Freezing cooked meatloaf is a great way to save time in the kitchen. Simply form and bake the original recipe, cool completely in the refrigerator, then wrap in foil or freezer paper and freeze for up to 3 months.
To prepare, you can either thaw in the fridge or unwrap and bake from frozen. You may also microwave to speed things up a bit.
What Kind of Meat Is Best for a Meatloaf?
Ground beef is the most common type of meat used in meatloaf, but you could also use ground pork, lamb, turkey, or a combination of meats. If you’re looking for a leaner option, go for ground turkey or chicken.
Can I Cook the Meatloaf in the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can cook a meatloaf in the Instant Pot.
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1-2 red bell peppers
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of nature’s seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of parsley
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 cup of panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Dice the pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add beef, peppers, spices, Worcestershire sauce, crumbs, egg, and 1/4 cup of ketchup. Mix together until combined
- Spray spring mold pan with oil and place meat mixture inside. Set the pan on the trivet in the instant pot with 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to high pressure for 1 hour.
- Manually release pressure when done and set aside to rest before removing from pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 2040mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 45g
Did you enjoy this fun Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe? You may also love the following posts:
- Instant Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Paprika Beef Tips Recipe
- Bariatric Friendly Recipes For Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites