Made with fresh apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks, this Instant Pot Apple Cider is the perfect fall drink. It’s simple, easy, and delicious!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What is Apple Cider?
Apple cider is a delicious, non-alcoholic drink that’s made from raw apples. This cider is actually a spiced apple cider since we are adding sugar and cinnamon to it. This sweet apple cider offers a sweet, crisp taste that pairs beautifully with cool air and autumn leaves. What’s even better is that it can be served hot or cold, making it a versatile drink to be enjoyed by everyone.
Apple Cider Ingredients
You won’t need much to make apple cider. This recipes only uses 4-ingredients. And, one of those you have right in your faucet.
- Apples: You will need 6-8 apples of your choosing. Use a variety of different apples to achieve depth of flavor as well as notes of bitter, sweet, sharp, and tangy flavors.
- Brown sugar: Pack the brown sugar in your measuring cup and scrape off the excess with a butter knife.
- Cinnamon sticks: You can usually find cinnamon sticks in the spice aisle. They should be in a glass spice bottle. Additionally, you can find fresh cinnamon sticks in the holiday or seasonal section.
- Water: You will need 6 cups of water. Just use regular sink water.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Cider
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prep and then the Instant Pot does the rest. Get ready to whip up a super easy holiday drink.
Step 1: Cut the Apples
Cut your apples into quarters and place them in the Instant Pot.
Step 2: Add Water
Add 6 cups of water or fill it to the max line around your inner pot.
Step 3: Add Cinnamon and Sugar
Next, add the sugar and cinnamon sticks. Close lid and seal the pressure valve.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Hit the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 30-minutes. Then, manually release the pressure by putting the sealing valve in the venting position.
Step 5: Mash the Apples
Remove your lid and mash the apples with a potato masher. Then, close the lid again and put the pressure valve into the sealing position.
Step 6: Pressure Cook…Again
Hit the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for another 30-minutes. Manually release the pressure.
Step 7: Strain the Cider
Pour the cider over a cheese cloth and strain cider into a bowl.
Chill cider or drink warm.
What Apples Should I Use?
When choosing the best apples for your Instant Pot Apple Cider, it really depends on what you want your cider to taste like. Some prefer a sweet taste while others prefer an acidic flavor. Choose apples based on your tastebuds:
Apples for Traditional Sweet Cider
- Pink Lady
Apples for Acidic Cider
- Granny Smith
What’s the Difference Between Apple Cider and Apple Juice?
Apple cider and apple juice are two different beverages. Some people use the terms interchangeably, but there is a difference between the two even though both are made by pressing ripe apples into an unfiltered juice.
The differences comes in the filtration and bottling process. Apple juice is always filtered to remove the pulp and sediment whereas, apple cider is not. Additionally, apple juice is heated before bottling which changes the flavor and ads to its shelf life. Thus, apple juice is less perishable than cider.
Is Apple Cider Alcoholic?
Fresh, homemade apple cider is not alcoholic. However, it will ferment over time and become alcoholic. If you don’t want your Instant Pot apple cider to become alcoholic, it is best to drink it within two weeks of making it.
What Can I Add to My Cider
You can use a variety of other flavorings to add a twist to this apple cider recipes such as the following:
- Vodka-Spiked apple cider
- Rum-Spiked apple cider
- Cranberry juice-Cranberry apple cider
- Caramel syrup-Caramel apple cider
- 6-8 apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups of water or to max line
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Quarter apples and place in the instant pot
- Add water to max or 6 cups.
- Add sugar and cinnamon sticks. Close lid and seal the pressure valve
- Cook on high for 30 minutes. Manually release pressure.
- Remove lid and mash apples with a potato masher. Close lid and seal pressure valve.
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. Manually release pressure valve.
- Pour over a cheese cloth and strain cider into a bowl.
- Chill cider or drink warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Other Instant Pot Drinks to Try
Looking for some other delicious autumn drinks to try?! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Tuxedo Hot Chocolate
- Super Tasty Summer Drinks
- Easy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Instant Pot Eggnog
Check out more Instant Pot Fall Recipes here!
10 Delicious Summer INSTANT POT DRINKS Are Quick and Easy To Make
I hope you enjoyed this list of 10 drool-worthy Instant Pot drinks! These are delicious, refreshing, and surprisingly quick to whip up on a summer afternoon for any occasion. What’s your favorite on so far? Let us know in the comments below!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!