Instant Pot Duo Crisp: All You Need To Know
Wondering if the Instant Pot Duo Crisp is worth it? Here’s everything you need to know about Instant Pot’s newest product, the Duo Crisp.
What is the Duo Crisp?
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is a pressure cooker and air fryer all in one. It can do everything from cooking chicken breasts to baking a cake. The Instant Pot Duo Crisp also has two different lids- one for pressure cooking and one for air frying.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What are the benefits of the Instant Pot Duo Crisp?
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is a great appliance for those who want to save time in the kitchen. It’s also a good option for those who want to make healthier meals. The Instant Pot Duo Crisp can cook food quickly and evenly. It also doesn’t require any oil, so you can make healthier meals.
What are some of the drawbacks of the Instant Pot Duo Crisp?
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is a bit more expensive than other Instant Pots. However, if you bought an Instant Pot and then the lid later, you’ll be spending the same amount if not more. It also doesn’t come with a steamer basket, so you’ll need to buy one separately. But, for the most part there aren’t many drawbacks.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Specs
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is an 8-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker and air fryer. Here’s what you get with a crisp:
- 7 in 1 appliance: pressure cooker, air fryer, steamer, saute pan, yogurt maker, slow cooker, and warmer.
- 14 smart programs: poultry, meat/stew, beans/chili, soup, cake, eggs, rice, multigrain, porridge, steam vegetables, manual/pressure.
- 8-Quart Instant Pot Base
- Pressure Cooker Lid
- Air Fryer Lid
- Stainless Steel Pot
- Air Fryer Basket
- Broiling Tray
What I Like About The Instant Pot Duo Crisp
Overall, I really like the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. Here is where it wins over a traditional Instant Pot for me:
I love that the Duo Crisp is an all-in-one appliance. It’s great for those who want to save time and money. The Instant Pot Duo Crisp can cook food quickly and evenly whether you are pressure cooking, browning, or air frying.
Makes Healthier Meals
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is a great appliance for those who want to make healthier meals. It also doesn’t require any oil, which is the main reason fried foods are so bad for you.
Ability to Pressure Cook Then Brown
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp has two lids- one for pressure cooking and one for air frying. This is a great feature because it allows you to cook your food quickly under pressure and then brown or crisp it without having to dirty another pan.
Sous Vide Function
Not every Instant Pot has the Sous Vide Function, but the Duo Crisp does! You can become a gourmet chef overnight using this function. The gradual and controlled cooking method allows you to cook food to perfection with the push of a button.
Obviously, The Air Fryer Function
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is an air fryer, so it can do everything a traditional air fryer can do. This is great news if you are looking to make healthier fried foods. I was worried it wouldn’t work the same way as a traditional air fryer, but I was pleasantly surprised.
In addition to it being a great all-in-one appliance, the duo crisp has a few upgrades that make it better than the original Duo. Here’s what I’ve noticed:
- Sears better- It may not be an upgrade, but it seems like the searing function works faster than the regular duo. Additionally, the larger size offers more room to work with when searing large pieces of meat.
- Better sealing- Again, this may not be a true upgrade, but the duo crisp does seem to seal better and come to pressure faster than its older model.
- Safer pressure release- This is probably the best upgrade of all. Instead of having to twist the pressure release valve which can burn you, all you have to do is press a button to release the steam. So much safer in my opinion.
How to Use the Instant Pot Duo Crisp
Here’s a quick overview of how to use the Instant Pot Duo Crisp as a pressure cooker:
1. Choose your recipe and gather your ingredients.
2. Add the ingredients to the Instant Pot.
3. Seal the Instant Pot and set the timer.
4. When the timer goes off, carefully release the pressure.
5. Open the Instant Pot and enjoy your meal!
If using the air fryer lid part of your duo crisp, here’s a quick overview of how to use it:
1. Choose your recipe and gather your ingredients.
2. Place the Instant Pot on saute mode to preheat the air fryer.
3. Add your ingredients to the air fryer basket.
4. Close the lid, select the temperature, and set the timer.
5. When the timer goes off, open the lid and enjoy
What’s the Difference Between the Duo Crisp and Air Fryer Lid?
If you already have an Instant Pot, you don’t have to buy the Duo Crisp to air fry. In fact, you can buy an air fryer lid with the same capabilities that come with the Duo Crisp. However, the air fryer lid only fits a 6-quart Instant Pot. The Duo Crisp is an 8-quart Instant Pot. So, the main difference is the size.
What Instant Pots are Compatible with the Air Fryer Lid?
The Instant Pot Max, DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker, and Smart 60 Bluetooth are all Instant Pots that come with an air fryer lid.
What Comes with the Air Fryer Lid?
The air fryer lid comes with the capability to air fry, broil, bake, roast, reheat leftovers and dehydrate. Additionally, it comes with the same air fryer basket and broiling tray as the Duo Crisp. If you are trying to decide between the Duo Crisp and the air fryer lid, check out my Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid post.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Pizza Rolls
- Huli Huli Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is an amazing appliance. It’s a pressure cooker, air fryer, and dehydrator all in one. Plus, it has some great upgrades from the regular Instant Pot DUO.
If you are looking for an all-in-one appliance that can do it all, the Instant Pot Duo Crisp is the perfect option for you. Check out my Instant Pot Duo Crisp recipes to get started! Don’t forget to join my Instant Pot Recipes For Beginners Group on Facebook for more delicious tried and true recipes!