This Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is great for Thanksgiving.
An easy and delicious Instant Pot Cranberry sauce that only uses 5 ingredients and can be made in under 20 minutes! If you’re looking for great Instant Pot Recipes you’ve come to the right place.
Make Your Own Cranberry Sauce
With Thanksgiving Day quickly approaching, it can be overwhelming with the amount of time that can be spent preparing your food for the special occasion.
It’s no wonder then that so many opt for the store-bought canned cranberry sauce. But, as we all know, there is just something extra special about homemade food and condiments.
Why You’ll Love This Pressure Cooker Cranberry Sauce
This Instant Pot cranberry sauce recipe is something you will want to bookmark in your preparation for Thanksgiving. The addition of oranges gives the sauce a zesty full flavour with hints of warmth from the infused cinnamon.
The best part about this recipe? It requires very little preparatory work and once you have added all the ingredients into the Instant Pot, your work is done other than a few settings adjustments on the Instant Pot.
It’s really that easy and hassle-free yet you have yourself a delicious cranberry sauce for the table that all will enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4-5 servings as a side
Here’s what you are going to need to make this Instant Pot cranberry sauce:
Ingredients for Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Oranges: The zest and juice from the oranges add a bright, citrusy flavor that perfectly complements the tartness of the cranberries.
- Honey: Adds a subtle, natural sweetness that enhances the flavors of the other ingredients without overpowering them.
- Frozen Cranberries: Provide the sauce with its characteristic tangy flavor and beautiful ruby-red color.
- Granulated Sugar: Helps to balance out the tartness of the cranberries, making the sauce pleasantly sweet but not overly so.
- Cinnamon Stick: Infuses the sauce with a hint of warm, spicy flavor, adding depth and complexity to the overall taste.
Equipment Needed to Cook Cranberry Sauce in the Instant Pot
Directions for Cranberry Sauce
In a large bowl, zest the two oranges and then juice each one
Add honey to the bowl of orange juice and mix
Pour the orange and honey mixture into the inner pot of your Instant Pot
Add the cranberries and then top off with granulated sugar and cinnamon stick
Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and set on manual high pressure for 2 minutes
Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR (Natural Pressure Release)
Remove the lid to your Instant Pot and set it to the sauté function. Cook for 2-3 minutes
Remove the cinnamon stick and scoop the cranberry sauce into a bowl
Serve and enjoy!
This homemade Instant Pot cranberry sauce is incredibly easy to make as you can see from the ingredients and directions supplied and is a wonderful addition to a traditional roast turkey dinner.
Once made, you can serve it right away or you can store it in a mason jar for a week in the fridge in case you want to make it ahead of Thanksgiving.
What other ways can you think of using this easy and delicious Cranberry Sauce recipe?
For more fantastic recipes check out the following:
- Instant Pot Cacio E Pepe Pasta
- Stovetop Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Pasta
- Instant Pot Marinara Pasta
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta Casserole
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Do With Left-Over Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce?
Often times, we are left with leftovers from holiday meals. If that happens with your homemade cranberry sauce, I’ve included some ideas of how you can use up the remaining cranberry sauce in days to come
Use it as a topping over plain yoghurt,
Pair it with soft cheeses for a night of cheese and crackers.
Add it to muffin and bread mixes,
Add it to roast turkey or chicken sandwiches,
Give it away to friends and family!
- 2 large oranges
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 3 cups of frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large bowl, zest the two oranges and then juice each one. Add honey to the bowl of orange juice and mix.
- Pour the orange and honey mixture into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add the cranberries and then top off with granulated sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and set on manual high pressure for 2 minutes. Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR (Natural Pressure Release).
- Remove the lid to your Instant Pot and set it to the sauté function. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and scoop the cranberry sauce into a bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 5gSugar: 74gProtein: 1g