The best damn Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe. When I lived in the Pacific Island of Tonga, one of the most popular meats was pork. In fact after arriving on the Island as newlyweds, my husband and I were gifted a roasted pig as a welcome gift and we had many opportunities to cook and eat pork over the coming months.
Today I’m sharing a delicious and easy pork tenderloin recipe which can be cooked with ease in the Instant Pot. The honey glaze and apples add to the delicate flavours of this tenderloin pork and it’s one recipe you will love. It is the perfect dinner recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Dynamic Spice Fusion: Chipotle pepper and cumin create a balanced, smoky heat, enhancing the pork’s flavor.
- Harmonious Ingredients: Sweetness from apples and savory depth from onions complement the tender pork, appealing to diverse tastes.
- Effortless Instant Pot Prep: With minimal hands-on time, this recipe delivers succulent and flavorful pork, perfect for busy days.
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- Olive oil: Provides a flavorful base for cooking and enhances the tenderness of the pork tenderloin.
- Pork tenderloin: The star ingredient, lean and tender, absorbing the flavors of the spices and seasonings during cooking.
- Chipotle pepper: Adds a smoky and spicy kick, imparting depth and heat to the pork.
- Cumin: Infuses warm and earthy tones, complementing the chipotle pepper and enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Salt, to taste: Enhances the natural flavors of the pork and spices, ensuring a well-seasoned dish.
- Apples, thinly sliced: Introduces sweetness and a fruity component that pairs well with the savory and spicy elements of the dish.
- Onions, chopped into large segments and separated: Adds layers of flavor and texture, becoming caramelized during cooking.
- Broth or cold water: Creates moisture and helps prevent the pork from drying out, contributing to a succulent final result.
- Honey, to taste (for drizzling): Offers a touch of sweetness, balancing the spiciness and adding a glossy finish to the pork.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin
Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pressure cooker and set to the saute function. Pat dry your pork tenderloin, and season pork with salt, chipotle pepper and cumin.
When the oil is hot, place the pork tenderloin in the electric pressure cooker and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, remove to a plate covered with paper towels and set aside to let the pork rest. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the Instant Pot.
Add the onions and one of the sliced apples to the Instant Pot.
Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
Carefully place shallow cuts into the pork tenderloin ever 1/4″ to 1/2″. Insert an apple slice into each cut.
Once the apple-onion medley is done cooking, turn off the instant pot and place the pork overtop.Add 1/2 cup of cool water or broth.
Secure the lid and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes of pressure cooking time.Natural release. Check the internal temperature of the pork with a meat thermometer to make sure it is cooked.
Drizzle the honey over the top of the tender pork tenderloin before serving. This honey pork tenderloin is delicious and one the whole family will love.
What Sides Go Well With Instant Pork Tenderloin?
- Celery Root Puree with Rosemary
- Parsnip and Apple Mash
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Lightly Seasoned Green Beans, Zucchini and Corn
- Asparagus Bundles Wrapped in Bacon
- Roasted Carrots with a Dijon Glaze
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Place the leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container or plastic bag and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Tenderloin may also be frozen whole or cut into cubes. Wrap the tenderloin and sauce in freezer bags, pushing out as much air as possible, then freeze for 2 to 3 months.
To reheat, first thaw the tenderloin in the refrigerator. Place the slices on a skillet with a lid and warm them over medium heat in the oven until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is More Tender? Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is the most tender cut of pork. Tenderloin or pork fillet as it is sometimes called is a cut from the rear end of the loin. The tenderloin muscle runs along the spine of the pig and is not tough or hard as it isn’t used for walking or large body movements.
To keep pork tenderloin tender it is best to not overcook. You should avoid cooking this cut of pork in a slow cooker or dutch oven as the tenderloin could become tough and hard to chew. Cooking honey glazed tenderloin in the pressure cooker is the ideal solution!
Pork Tenderloin Instant Pot Cook Time
Yes, pork tenderloin is a great cut of meat. Known for it’s tenderness and delicious flavour tenderloin is a popular meat for grilling, searing, roasting and slicing. It is often used in stir-fries as well as roasts ands and one 3 opulence serving is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, thiamine, phosphorus, riboflavin, potassium and zinc.
Is Pork Tenderloin a Good Cut of Meat?
This is an easy pork tenderloin Instant Pot recipe and only takes around 40 minutes to saute and pressure cook.
Can I Use Kosher Salt?
Kosher salt is a coarse, flaky salt, which contains only natural minerals. It has no additives and is very appealing to many chefs due to its clean taste. It can be used in place of regular salt without any issues.
Can You Use Frozen Pork Tenderloin in This Instant Pot Recipe?
Yes, absolutely! No need to defrost the tenderloin before cooking.
What Is the Difference Between Pork Tenderloin and Pork Loin?
Pork tenderloin is thinner and smaller, whereas a loin is considerably broader and steak-like.
You also prepare these two meats in different ways, and they have different cooking times. Pork tenderloins are wonderful for marinades and low-and-slow cooking. A pork loin may be grilled or simmered on the stove, but it is easily overcooked.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3lb pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- 2 onions, chopped into large segments and separated
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- Honey, to taste (for drizzling)
- Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the Instant Pot and set to "sauté". Pat dry your pork tenderloin, season with salt, chipotle pepper and cumin.
- When the oil is hot, place the pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
- Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, remove to a plate and set aside. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add the onions and one of the sliced apples to the Instant Pot. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully place shallow cuts into the pork tenderloin ever 1/4″ to 1/2″. Insert an apple slice into each cut.
- Once the apple-onion medley is done cooking, turn off the instant pot and place the pork overtop. then add 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- Secure the lid and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes. Natural release. Drizzle the honey over the top of the pork before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 943Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 332mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 121g
Looking for more fantastic recipes? Why not try out the following?