Loaded with fresh blueberries, cream cheese, and sweet vanilla, this Instant Pot Blueberry Loaf is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. Eat it with a steaming cup of coffee or pair it with some vanilla ice cream.
Why We Love This Instant Pot Blueberry Loaf
Packed with a delicious sweet blueberry flavor, this blueberry loaf is one of my favorite breads to make in the Instant Pot. Here’s why we love it so much:
- So moist! This blueberry loaf comes out so fluffy and moist. It almost melts in your mouth with every bite. It pairs beautifully with a Starbucks drink, but you may devour every bite before you take a sip.
- Easy to make. Unlike other bread recipes, this one is a quick bread which means you don’t have to knead the dough or really do much prep work. Simply mix the ingredients and throw it in the Instant Pot.
- Simple ingredients. I usually already have all the ingredients needed to make this delicious sweet bread except the fresh blueberries. So, my shopping list stays small.
Instant Pot Blueberry Loaf Ingredients
I’m not a fan of intricate recipes that call for weird ingredients I’ve never heard of before, so this recipe uses simple ingredients you’ll be able to find at your local grocery store.
- Flour: Forms the base of your loaf, providing structure. Spooning and leveling ensures accurate measurements.
- Blueberries: Give a juicy burst of fruity flavor to each bite, making the loaf deliciously moist.
- Butter: Adds richness and moisture to the loaf, enhancing its texture and flavor.
- Cream Cheese: Contributes a creamy tanginess that complements the sweetness of the blueberries and sugar.
- Sugars and Vanilla Extract: Provide sweetness and a hint of warm, aromatic flavor to the loaf.
- Eggs: Act as a binding agent to hold all the ingredients together and contribute to the loaf’s moistness.
- Baking Powder: Helps the loaf rise, giving it a light, fluffy texture.
- Salt: Enhances the flavors of the other ingredients, making the sweet and fruity flavors pop.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make an Instant Pot Blueberry Loaf?
This recipe only takes about 10-minutes of prep. Once you’ve got your ingredients gathered, it’s time to start mixing them together!
Step 1: Powder the Blueberries
Place the 2 tablespoons of flour into a small bowl and mix the blueberries in with it. Then, lightly grease your loaf pan. Set both to the side.
Step 2: Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar together.
Step 3: Add the Eggs
After you’ve beat the wet ingredients, add 1 egg at a time to them, mixing well in between each egg.
Step 4: Whisk the Dry Ingredients
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk your 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Step 5: Add Dry and Wet Ingredients Together
While mixing, slowly pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
Step 6: Fold in the Blueberries
Fold your blueberries into your quick bread dough. Then, put 1 1/2 cups of water into your Instant Pot and add the trivet.
Step 7: Pour Mixture Into Loaf Pan
Next, pour your mixture into the lightly greased loaf pan (make sure it fits in the Instant Pot). Cover the pan with aluminum foil and then put it on the trivet in your Instant Pot.
Step 8: Pressure Cook
Close the lid on your Instant Pot, put the pressure valve into the sealing position, and hit “manual” or “pressure cook” and set the time for 45-minutes.
Step 9: Natural Release
Once the Instant Pot beeps, let it sit there for 15-minutes before flipping the pressure valve to the venting position.
Step 10: Remove and Cool
Using hot pads or a towel, remove the trivet with your loaf pan. transfer the loaf to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store This Instant Pot Blueberry Loaf?
Store any leftovers in a container wrapped tightly with aluminum foil. Or, place the loaf in a ziplock bag and place it in the fridge. You can eat it cold, or you can throw it in the microwave for a quick reheat.
Blueberry Loaf Serving Suggestions
Serve your deliciously moist blueberry loaf with butter or honey and a piping hot cup of coffee. You could also serve a slice with some vanilla ice cream, more blueberries, or other fruits. Here are some delicious coffee recipes for you to try:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
Absolutely! I like the flavor that fresh blueberries give, but you can use frozen blueberries as well. Just pull two cups out of the bag from the freezer.
What Loaf Pan Can I Use?
You can use any loaf pan that will fit inside your inner pot. However, The Instant Pot Mini Loaf Pans are compatible with both the 6 quart Instant Pot and the 8 quart Instant Pot and I would suggest using those.
- 2 cups & 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoons flour and blueberries.
- In a large bowl beat together your wet ingredients of cream cheese butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- Once those are fully incorporated, add one egg at a time. Mix well between adding each egg.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, mix together the remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- While mixing your wet ingredients, slowly add in your dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Add your blueberries to the mixture and gently fold in.
- Add to your instant pot one and a half cups of water, and your trivet.
- Add your mixture to a lightly greased bread pan. Cover with foil and place in your instant pot on the trivet.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and twist a shot. Close the ceiling valve by pushing it away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high-pressure for 45 minutes. Once the time is done, allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes. Once that is done, manually release by opening the valve to release all of the pressure by bringing it toward you.
- Using hot pads or a towel, remove the trivet out of your instant pot. Transfer your bread loaves to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool.
- Once cooled, slice it up, transfer to a plate, and enjoy! You can also enjoy it topped with some butter, or honey!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 56gProtein: 7g
Looking For More Brunch Recipes to Try?
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Best Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Banana Bread
- Best Maui Banana Bread
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecakes
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!