This is a simple ‘ Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots Recipe‘ which you enjoy time and again. The simplicity of the Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots recipe, also allows you to make alternate variations like instant pot Dill Carrots, Honey Garlic Carrots or yet an Instant Pot carrot cake.
Producing carrot in the instant pot is very straight forward and very unsophisticated. When it comes to making Instant Pot Carrots Recipes, you can add any type of carrots with baby carrots, homegrown and organic produce.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots
- Upscale Simplicity: Elevate your side dish game with these gourmet Instant Pot carrots.
- Effortless Cooking: The Instant Pot ensures a quick, hassle-free cooking experience.
- Healthful and Tasty: These carrots offer a nutritious yet delicious addition to any meal.
How to Cook Carrots in Instant Pot
If you don’t have a steamer basket, but a container that can hold your carrots. Place your peeled and carrot/sliced carrots into the basket and then add 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Depending on how tender you want your carrots, you choose 6 or 8 minutes on the Instant Pot.
The 10 minutes the Instant Pot takes to come to pressure, will help the carrots soften and cook sufficiently. Just like most vegetables, cooking carrots or making Instant Pot carrots is very simple and a very unsophisticated recipe to make.
Other Instant Pot Carrot Recipe Ideas
Honey Garlic Carrots: While using honey garlic honey butter, set the Instant pot to Sauté button. Sauté for 6 minutes until the carrots are completely covered and cooked to suit your taste.
Roasted carrots with dill: If you have the Instant Pot attachment, you can roast your carrots first then use any side dish.
Instant pot baby carrots: If you are a fan of baby carrots, then why not follow the same routine to make the recipe above with baby carrots instead.
Instant pot carrot cake: This is one recipe we are going to make ourselves, so stay tuned for that recipe.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe/Keyword
- Large Carrots: The star of the dish, providing a sweet, earthy flavor and a satisfying crunch when cooked just right.
- Butter: Adds a rich, creamy taste to the carrots, enhancing their natural sweetness.
- Dill Sprigs: Lends a fresh, slightly tangy flavor that complements the sweetness of the carrots.
- Minced Garlic: Adds a savory depth to the dish, balancing out the sweetness of the carrots.
- Water: Helps to steam the carrots to perfect tenderness.
How to Make Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots
Place steamer basket into the instant pot. Pour in one and a half cups of water. Place peeled and quartered carrots into the steamer basket.
Put the lid on the instant pot and place the valve in a sealed position.
Press the pressure cook button and set the timer to 6 minutes. If you’d like them really tender go with 8 minutes.
Once the pot stops counting release the pressure. Remove carrots to a bowl. Remove steamer basket and drain water.
Turn on sauté mode. Add in butter, garlic, and dill. Place carrots back into the pot. Sauté for about two minutes. Turn off pot.
Serve topped with more fresh dill.
What To Serve With This Recipe?
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus: Oven-baked perfection with a crispy Parmesan crust.
- Lemon Herb Quinoa Salad: A refreshing blend of quinoa, herbs, and zesty lemon dressing.
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts: Caramelized sprouts with a tangy balsamic reduction.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon: Creamy, sweet, and spiced to perfection.
- Herbed Couscous Pilaf: Fluffy couscous with a medley of aromatic herbs.
- Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Quick, simple, and bursting with vibrant flavors.
- Wild Rice with Cranberries and Almonds: A festive and nutty accompaniment.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Feta: Earthy beets, creamy feta, and a balsamic vinaigrette dance on the taste buds.
Instant Pot Gourmet Carrot Recipe Card
- 4 large carrots; peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs of dill
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced (may adjust to how much garlic you like)
- 1-1/2 cup of water
- Place steamer basket into the instant pot. Pour in one cup of water. Place peeled and quartered carrots into the steamer basket.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and place the valve in a sealed position.
- Press the pressure cook button and set the timer to 6 minutes. If you'd like them really tender go with 8 minutes.
- Once the pot stops counting release the pressure. Remove carrots to a bowl. Remove steamer basket and drain water.
- Turn on sauté mode. Add in butter, garlic, and dill. Place carrots back into the pot. Sauté for about two minutes. Turn off pot.
- Serve topped with more fresh dill.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g