Instant Pot Turkey Burgers
We all love a good burger on the grill, but sometimes the weather just doesn’t pan out. That’s where these delicious Instant Pot Turkey Burgers come into play! You are going to love how easy they are to make.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love These Turkey Burgers
I absolutely love a good turkey burger, but cooking them in my Instant Pot makes it even better! Here’s why you’re going to love this recipe!
- They are heart healthy: Because turkey is lower in saturated fat than beef, these turkey burgers are a healthier option than a beef burger.
- These burgers are packed with flavor: The combination of garlic and onion powder, you get a savory burger everyone will love.
- Juicy and delicious. Because you are cooking your burgers in the Instant Pot with steam, you get a juicy burger that isn’t dried out like traditional cooking methods.
Instant Pot Turkey Burger Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. Here’s what you need:
- Ground turkey: If you want this recipe to be heart healthy, make sure you are using high quality, lean turkey.
- Seasonings: You’ll blend in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, white pepper, and parsley to get flavorful burgers.
- Hamburger buns: This recipe makes 4 burgers, so just grab a bag of them whereever you are.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Instant Pot Turkey Burgers
These burgers are incredibly easy to make in your Instant Pot! Just follow the simple steps below.
Step 1: Mix Seasonings
In a small bowl, mix your salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, white pepper, and parsley together. Set to the side.
Step 2: Portion your Ground Turkey
Portion meat into 4 equal parts. Burgers will shrink in the instant pot so flatten them to be bigger than your bun.
Step 3: Season the Burgers
Season each burger with a small amount of your seasoning on both sides. Then, wrap it in foil sealing it closed.
Step 4: Add Water and Trivet
In the inner pot, add one cup of water and place burgers on the trivet.
Step 5: Pressure Cook
Close the lid and seal the pressure valve. Hit the pressure cook or manual button and set for 15 minutes to make sure the meat comes to 165 degrees. Cook for longer as needed.
Step 6: Manually Release
Manually release the pressure, unwrap the burgers and assemble with your favorite toppings!
Serve and Enjoy!
How Do I Make the Ground Turkey Stick Together?
If you are struggling to get your patties to hold, you can add some dry breadcrumbs and an egg to your ground turkey before shaping them. This will help absorb the moisture, and together with the egg, will act like glue to keep your burgers held together.
Does Ground Turkey Taste Like Ground Beef?
Ground turkey has a very mild flavor compared to ground beef. In fact, it almost has no flavor at all. That is why we add in several different seasonings. The seasonings work together with the ground turkey to give you a savory burger just like you’d have with ground beef.
Turkey Burger Side Dish Options
Looking for some good dishes to eat with your burger? Although I typically just pair it with our favorite chips, here are a few of my favorite side dishes for burgers!
Instant Pot Turkey Burgers
- 2 pounds of ground turkey meat
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ white pepper, optional
- ½ tsp parsley, chopped or dried
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Portion meat into 4 equal parts. Burgers will shrink in the instant pot so flatten them to be bigger than your bun.
- Season each burger and wrap it in foil sealing it closed
- Add one cup of water to the instant pot and place burgers on a trivet.
- Close the lid and seal the pressure valve.
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes to make sure meat comes to 165 degrees. Cook for longer as needed.
- Manually release the pressure, unwrap the burgers and assemble with your favorite toppings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 718Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 62g
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Looking for more?! Try some of our other easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!