I’ve recently begun sharing some awesome and healthy Instant pot recipes and today we have Instant Pot Chili. My mum introduced me to the pressure cooker recently and it’s something I’m quite excited about. I love Chili, especially with beans and today we have this tasty recipe that I’m sure you will love.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Instant Pot Chili Ingredients
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dry kidney beans, sorted and rinsed
- 8 cups water, plus additional if desired
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 tablespoon of salt to compensate for the dry beans)
How To Make Instant Pot Chili
1. Place beans into the electric pressure cooker with water. Set the valve to sealing and cook the beans for 20 minutes on high pressure.
Quick-release and carefully transfer beans to a colander to drain. Rinse the pressure cooker liner and wipe the outside of the liner dry.
Replace the liner into the pressure cooker.
2. Turn on the saute function and allow the pressure cooker to heat. Add the ground chuck, onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
Cook until the ground beef is browned.
Drain well. Return the meat and vegetables to the pressure cooker along with the drained beans and other ingredients.
If you prefer a soupier chili, add an additional cup of water. Stir well.
3. Cover the pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing.
Program the pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” on high for 30 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
Stir again, taste to adjust seasonings, and serve with your choice of condiments.
If you’re looking for quick and easy Instant Pot ground beef recipes, this should be on top of your list. Enjoy!
You may also enjoy the following:
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Cajun Jambalya
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Coconut Curry Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!