I’ve recently begun sharing some awesome and healthy Instant pot recipes and today we have Instant Pot Chili. My mum introduced me to the pressure cooker and it’s something I’m quite excited about. I love Chili, especially with beans and today we have this tasty recipe that I’m sure you will love.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Hearty and Flavorful: This chili is robust with ground beef and a blend of spices.
- Effortless Cooking: The Instant Pot makes it easy to cook, even for beginners.
- Versatile Meal: Serve it with cornbread, over rice, or in a chili dog.
Instant Pot Chili Ingredients
- Kidney Beans, Sorted And Rinsed: Add a satisfying bite to the chili, soaking up the flavors while providing excellent sources of protein and fiber.
- Water: Essential for pressure cooking, water also helps meld the flavors together and create a soup-like consistency.
- Ground Chuck: This type of beef adds a robust, meaty flavor and a rich texture that makes the chili hearty and filling.
- Olive oil: Used for sautéing, it lends a smooth richness to the dish and helps release the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Chopped Onions: Contribute a sweet, slightly tangy flavor that forms the base of the chili’s complex taste profile.
- Minced Garlic: Infuses the dish with a pungent zing that elevates the overall flavor, adding depth and aroma.
- Chopped Bell pepper: Add a sweet crunch and vibrant color, enhancing the visual appeal and texture of the chili.
- Beef Broth: Not only provides the necessary liquid for pressure cooking but also enriches the chili with a savory, meaty undertone.
- Diced Tomatoes In Juice: Add a tangy sweetness and a chunky texture, as well as contributing to the chili’s rich, tomato-based sauce.
- Tomato Paste: Deepens the tomato flavor and thickens the chili, giving it a luscious, velvety consistency.
- Chili Powder: The essence of any chili recipe, chili powder brings a smoky heat that defines the dish’s character.
- Ground Cumin: Imparts a warm, earthy flavor that complements the heat of the chili powder, adding complexity to the dish.
- Oregano: Adds a hint of sweetness and a pop of freshness, balancing out the strong, spicy flavors.
- Salt And Pepper: These classic seasonings enhance the natural flavors of the ingredients, making the chili more vibrant and tasty.
How to Make Instant Pot Chili?
1. Place beans into the electric pressure cooker with water. Set the valve to sealing and cook the beans for 20 minutes on high pressure.
Quick-release and carefully transfer beans to a colander to drain. Rinse the pressure cooker liner and wipe the outside of the liner dry.
Replace the liner into the pressure cooker.
2. Turn on the saute function and allow the pressure cooker to heat. Add the ground chuck, onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
Cook until the ground beef is browned.
Drain well. Return the meat and vegetables to the pressure cooker along with the drained beans and other ingredients.
If you prefer a soupier chili, add an additional cup of water. Stir well.
3. Cover the pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing.
Program the pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” on high for 30 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
Stir again, taste to adjust seasonings, and serve with your choice of condiments.
If you’re looking for quick and easy Instant Pot ground beef recipes, this should be on top of your list. Enjoy!
What To Serve With This Recipe?
- Cheesy Cornbread Muffins: A delightful blend of sweet corn and gooey cheese complements the hearty flavors of Instant Pot Chili.
- Avocado Lime Salad: Fresh avocados paired with zesty lime create a light and refreshing side dish to balance the richness of the chili.
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Crispy Brussels sprouts tossed in garlic and Parmesan add a savory crunch to your chili feast.
- Cilantro-Lime Rice: Fluffy rice infused with cilantro and lime enhances the Tex-Mex experience, perfect for scooping up chili goodness.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread: Spicy jalapeños and sharp cheddar in moist cornbread make for a fiery and cheesy companion to your chili.
- Southwest Black Bean Salad: A colorful mix of black beans, corn, and tomatoes, dressed with a tangy vinaigrette, adds a fresh kick to your meal.
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges: Roasted to perfection, sweet potato wedges offer a sweet and savory contrast to the bold flavors of chili.
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with Veggie Sticks: Cool and creamy ranch dip paired with crisp veggies provides a light and healthy side option for a well-rounded chili experience.