Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know I like to send my kids off for the day with hearty breakfast, but I don’t always have time to make a whole gourmet meal. This Instant Pot Oatmeal with cinnamon is quick, easy, and makes breakfast time a breeze. Not only is it easy and healthy, but this recipe is Vegan and gluten free.
Instant Pot Oatmeal Ingredients
The ingredients will serve about 4 people. Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 3/4 cups plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Instant Pot insert: 1 cup water
- Optional toppings: Maple syrup, fruits, chocolate, nuts, nut butters
How to Make Instant Pot Oatmeal
This recipe is almost as quick as a bowl of cereal with only 5 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes to cook. Here’s what you need to do.
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot safe Pyrex bowl and mix well.
Add the 1 cup of water to Instant Pot insert, place trivet and place bowl of oatmeal on trivet.
Close the pot and seal, select manual or pressure cook, select high pressure, and set the timer for 5 mins.
Let the steam release naturally about 8-10 minutes before opening.
Stir the oatmeal, ladle into bowls and serve with topping of your choice
Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe Notes
1. This recipe used “the pot in pot” method to avoid the “burn” notice.
2. This recipe uses regular rolled oats
3. Yes, you do add the ¾ cup of water into the oatmeal, and put 1 cup of water in the inner pot.
4. Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days
5. It can also be written up as apple pie oatmeal – topped with apples, nuts, maple syrup, chocolate, rose petals and flowers. To make apple pie oatmeal swap apple pie spice instead of cinnamon.