I’ve always been a fan of Red Robin’s Teriyaki Chicken Burger, and now I can make my own version right at home. Made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, these Instant Pot Teriyaki Burgers scream Hawaiian!
Why You’ll Love These Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Burgers
I love a good burger, but these Instant Pot Teriyaki burgers are my favorite! Here’s why you’ll love them too!
- Healthy lean protein. These burgers are made with chicken which means they are a healthier twist on a traditional burger.
- Can be made gluten free. If you are gluten intollerant, you can use gluten free buns to make this delicious burger gluten free. Additionaly, you could use keto buns to make it keto-friendly.
- Easy to make. You won’t have to worry about grease splatting on your face. These burgers are easy to make and come out juicy and tender every time.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Burger Ingredients
You won’t need much for this recipe! Head to the kitchen and make sure you have the following:
- Chicken: You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts to make your chicken patties.
- Teriyaki sauce: You can’t have a teriyaki burger withot teriyaki sauce.
- Nature’s seasoning: This is a blend of salt, pepper, onion and garlic. So, if you don’t have any, you can make your own, here.
- Swiss cheese: I personally like swiss cheese on this burger, but you can use your favorite sliced cheese.
- Canned pineapple: Make sure you grab the sliced pineapple so you can put pineapple slices on your burger.
- Toppings: If you choose, you can top your burger with tomato, lettuce, and mayo.
- Buns: I use sesame seed buns, but the Hawaiin buns would be delicious too!
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Instant Pot Teriyaki Burgers
Whipping up chicken in your Instant Pot has never been easier! Just follow the simple steps below for an easy, lean protein meal.
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
Place chicken in a zip lock bag with teriyaki sauce and place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
Step 2: Pressure Cook the Chicken
Place the marinated chicken on a trivet. Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot. Then, hit your pressure cook or manual button and set the time for 7 minutes.
Step 3: Manually Release
Manually release your pressure by flipping the pressure release valve to the venting position.
Step 4: Add the Cheese
After you’ve manually released the pressure, top each piece of chicken with two slices of cheese so that it melts.
Step 5: Add Toppings
Finally, place the chicken on a bun, top with 2 slices of pineapple, a slice of tomato, and shredded lettuce. Then, spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on the top bun and place it on the burger.
Serve and Enjoy your teriyaki chicken burgers with your favorite sides!
What Does Teriyaki Chicken Taste Like?
Teriyaki chicken is sweet and savory. The teriyaki sauce caramelizes during the cooking process giving your chicken a sweet and savory flavor.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
Absolutely! In fact, one of the best things about your Instant Pot is that you can make just about anything whether you forgot to pull the meat out or not. However, you will need to increase the cooking time to 12 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature. Chicken needs to have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. to be safe to eat.
Best Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Burger Toppings
You can eat your teriyaki burger plain, but I like to add a little pizazz to my burgers. If you aren’t sure what to top your burger with, here are my favorites:
- Pepperjack cheese
- Mozarella cheese
Teriyaki Chicken Burger Sides
Not sure what to serve with this delicious burger? Keeping it healthy, here are my favorite side dish ideas:
- Healthy Sweet Potato Griddles
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad
- Tasty Broccoli Salad
- Weight Watcher’s Fruit Salad
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of nature’s seasoning
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 slices of canned pineapple
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 sesame seed buns
- Place chicken in a zip lock bag with teriyaki sauce and place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Place marinated chicken on a trivet and marinade in the instant pot with 1 cup of water and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked.
- Manually release pressure and top each piece of chicken with 2 slices of cheese.
- Place chicken on a bun, top with 2 slices of pineapple, a slice of tomato, and shredded lettuce.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or more to liking on the top bun and then place the top bun on the burger.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 916Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 4088mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 61g
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken is a lean protein that is super healthy for you. Not only is it a healthy protein, but it’s so versatile. Take a look at some of these other delicious chicken recipes!
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken
- Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders
- Dump and Dash Taco Soup in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken with Mushrooms
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialized in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!