Did you know that your Instant Pot can actually make bread? This Instant Pot Banana Bread recipe is the proof! All you need to do is grab your overripe bananas, a few other simple ingredients, and give it about 25 minutes to cook, and you’ll be enjoying a hot slice of banana bread, covered in butter, in no time at all!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Talk about the perfect comfort food. Homemade banana bread is one of those recipes that you can easily whip up and enjoy on a lazy day at home. Not only is it comfort food but it also has some health value with the added fruit!
How To Store Banana Bread
The easiest way to store banana bread is to add it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. This will keep it fresh and moist for several days. And if you prefer to have your banana bread warm, you can just heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave when you’re ready to eat.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
You sure can! I love making up an extra loaf and having it ready in the freezer. This is one of my favorite ways to meal prep. Just make certain to wrap it up tightly with Saran Wrap before adding to your freezer-safe back or container. This is just an extra layer of protection so it doesn’t freezer burn.
Instant Pot Banana Bread Cooking Times
Instant Pot Banana Bread in a Jar (makes 4 jars)
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients For Instant Pot Banana Bread
- · 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- · 3/4 cup white sugar
- · 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- · 1 teaspoon baking soda
- · 1/2 teaspoon salt
- · 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- · 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- · 1/2 cup milk
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- · 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about three bananas)
How To Make Banana Bread
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown and white sugar, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. In the large bowl with the dry ingredients, create a well in the center. Pour into the center of the well your wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Add in your mashed bananas to the bread mixture. Mix well.
5. Pour one cup of water into your Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside.
6. Spray cooking spray inside each jar. Pour in the banana bread mixture evenly amongst 4 jars (I suggest using large mouth, pint size jars).
7. Place aluminum foil over each jar. Place each jar on the trivet.
8. Close the Instant Pot, and close the vent.
9. Cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes and allow it to release manually (should take about 15 minutes).
10. Remove the jars carefully from the instant pot using a towel or hot pad. Transfer to a cooling rack. Allow the bread to cool.
11. Remove the aluminum foil and enjoy! You can eat straight from the jar with a spoon, or turn the jar upside down on a plate, slice, and serve with butter!
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Spicy Instant Pot Marinara Recipe
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Kid Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Valentines Recipes
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!