Have you ever fancied cooking chocolate dessert in the Instant Pot? This simple and easy Instant Pot Chocolate Mousse Recipe is one you can whip up in no time and the whole family will love it. We are huge fans of Instant Pot desserts and I’m sure you’ll agree this is the best chocolate mousse recipe for your pressure cooker.
what is cacao powder?
Cacao powder comes from Cacao beans that grow on the trees of both South and Central America. Cacao is a raw and organic bean full of goodness. Cacao is packed with calcium, magnesium, iron and antioxidants. Cacao has been know to help relieve stress, improve blood pressure and help with depression.
Which is healthier cocoa or cacao?
When Cacao beans are processed they become cocoa and are used to make chocolate. Unlike cocoa, Cacao powder in the raw form of the Cacoa bean and therefore keeps many of it’s health benefits which are lost in the cocoa making process.
Can You Leave The Instant Pot Unattended?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to leave your Instant Pot unattended. That’s one of the reasons I love the Instant pot. I can create a dump and dash recipe or set a meal to cook and not have to stand over a stove for a long time.
It is a good idea to check the Instant pot every so often, just incase you get a burn notice or error message but generally you can hit the buttons and go do other tasks as you wait for your pressure cooker meals and desserts to cook.
Instant Pot Chocolate Mousse (makes 6 3 oz. ramekins)
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 23 minutes
Ingredients For Instant Pot Chocolate Mousse
- · 4 egg yolks
- · 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- · 1/4 cup water
- · 1/4 cup cacao
- · 1 cup whipping cream
- · 1/2 cup cow’s milk
- · 1/2 tsp vanilla
- · 1/2 tsp sea salt
How To Make Chocolate Mousse In The Pressure Cooker
1. Place your egg yolks in a medium size bowl. Whisk well.
2. To the bowl add swerve, water, and your cacao. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stop The microwave every 30 seconds to whisk.
3. Add in your milk and whipping cream. Whisk well.
4. Let that sit for about 10 minutes. Then add in the remaining ingredients: vanilla and sea salt. Whisk well.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to jars, or ramekins. I used 3-ounce ramekins for this dessert. Pour the mixture in evenly, and cover with aluminum foil.
6. Add one and a half cups of water to your instant pot. Place the trivet in your Insta pot and place each ramekin in your instant pot. For these specific ramekins I had four on the bottom and two setting on top for a different layer.
7. Set your instant pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it is done cooking, do a quick release by holding the valve toward you with a hot pad or towel.
8. Remove each ramekin with tongs and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow them to cool for about two hours. You can serve immediately, or you can refrigerate them overnight. Enjoy!
You may also enjoy the following Instant Pot Desserts: