I love seafood and this Instant Pot Salmon Teriyaki is takes the cake! If you are a fan of fish, you’re going to love how easy and delicious this entree is. With soy sauce and brown sugar, it’s a sweet and savory dish that the whole family will love.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I am a fan of salmon, but never knew how to make it in the Instant Pot, but now that I do, I’ll never go back! Here’s why you’ll love this recipe!
- Simple Ingredients: The great thing about this recipe is you can easily find the ingredients at your local grocery store.
- Heart healthy: Fish is one of the healthiest meats you can eat. Its a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Super easy: Using your Instant Pot makes cooking any meal easier, and it proves true for this recipe as well. Your fish comes out tender, juicy, and delicious.
You may need a few items you don’t have at home, so get out that shopping list, and jot these ingredients down!
- Salmon fillets: The star of the dish, salmon provides a rich, buttery flavor and a tender, flaky texture.
- Soy Sauce: Imparts a deep umami flavor and a salty kick.
- Brown Sugar: Balances the salty soy sauce with a touch of sweetness, while also contributing to the glaze’s glossy finish.
- Ginger: Adds a spicy, aromatic note that complements the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce.
- Oil: Used to sauté the ingredients, helping to meld their flavors together.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the teriyaki sauce, allowing it to cling to the salmon and infuse it with flavor.
- Seasoning: Minced garlic adds a savory depth, pepper brings a hint of heat, sesame seeds provide a nutty crunch, and green onions contribute a fresh, oniony bite.
How To Make Instant Pot Salmon Teriyaki?
Making delicious salmon has never been easier! Follow the simple steps below to be absolutely amazed.
Step 1: Mix Sauce
In a medium bowl, mix your soy sauce, water, brown sugar, oil, garlic, and ginger paste. Set to the side.
Step 2: Season Fish Fillet
Place your salmon fillets on a sheet of aluminum foil, folding up the sides to create a bowl shape. Then, pour 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the salmon fillets. Set aside.
Step 3: Cover The Fish
Take another sheet of aluminum foil and cover the top of the salmon, pinching the foil together to seal it. Then, add 1 1/2 cups of water to the inner pot, place the trivet inside, and place your salmon on the trivet.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Close the lid on your Instant Pot and put the valve in the sealing position. Then, press your manual or pressure cook button, and set the time for 4 minutes.
Step 5: Naturally Release
Once the pot beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Then, do a manual release.
Step 6: Prepare the Remaining Sauce
When the Instant Pot salmon is done, remove it and pour the water out of your inner pot. Hit cancel, and then hit saute. Mix together the corn start and water in a small bowl.
Step 7: Saute the Sauce
Add the cornstarch mixture and the remaining soy sauce mixture from above into the Instant Pot. Mix well and saute your sauce until it reaches your desired consistency.
Step 8: Season and Serve
Finally, pour the sauce over your cooked salmon. Top with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve and Enjoy!
What To Serve With This Recipe
Look how delicious this fish looks, but what do you make to eat with it? Don’t worry, I’ve got some great side ideas you’ll love!
- Instant Pot Gourmet Carrots
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Hibachi Fried Rice
- Sheet Pan Vegetables
Should I Wash Salmon Fillets Before Cooking?
No! In fact, rinsing any fish before cooking spreads bacteria throughout your kitchen. The USDA cautions us not to rinse any raw fish, seafood, or meat.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oil, vegetable or canola
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, paste
- 16 oz salmon, cut into 5 fillets
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 4 green onions
- Mix together in a medium-size bowl your soy sauce, water, Brown sugar, oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Place your salmon on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up the sides to create a bowl shape. Pour 1/3 of your soy sauce liquid moisture over the salmon. Set aside.
- Take another piece of aluminum foil and cover the top of the salmon and pinch together the aluminum foil to seal in all of the sides.
- Add one and a half cups of water to the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trivet inside and place your salmon on the trivet.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and close your ceiling valve.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for four minutes. Once it is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes is over, do a manual release by opening the sealing valve.
- Remove the salmon and your trivet from your instant pot. Pour out the water that is in the pot and place your pot back into the instant pot. Choose to cancel, and then sauté mode.
- Mix together your corn starch and water in a small bowl.
- Once your instant pot heats up on sauté mode, add in your cornstarch mixture, as well as the remaining soy sauce liquid. Mix well and reduce your sauce until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce over your cooked salmon. Add additional optional garnishes Such as sesame seeds, and green onions. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 1468mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
More Instant Pot Seafood Recipes
Looking for more? Here are some of our other favorite Instant Pot seafood recipes!