Unleash the flavor with our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs in Buffalo Sauce. Experience the perfect blend of tenderness and bold Buffalo kick—all effortlessly crafted in your Instant Pot. Elevate your BBQ with this finger-licking recipe for succulent ribs that redefine deliciousness.
And if you are planning a social gathering of some kind but don’t feel up to a full-on bbq then the Instant Pot is definitely the way to go to make these deliciously saucy and flavourful buffalo ribs.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
The Instant Pot method for cooking these ribs makes them extremely tender and juicy while the addition of the buffalo sauce compliments the seasoning with a sticky-sweet flavour that will leave your guests coming back for more!
Okay, if that doesn’t make your stomach start to grumble then I don’t know what will. The great thing about ribs is that they are a hit with pretty much everyone so you can’t go wrong.
Ingredients For Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Baby Pork Ribs : Succulent and tender, these ribs steal the spotlight with juicy bites that effortlessly fall off the bone.
- 1 Cup of Buffalo Sauce: Elevate with bold and zesty Buffalo sauce, infusing a spicy kick that takes the ribs to new heights. Extra sauce for serving allows a customizable heat level.
- Salt and Pepper: Simple yet essential, these seasonings accentuate the natural flavors of the ribs, allowing you to perfect the taste.
- 1 Cup of Water for Cooking Liquid: Ensure a moist, perfectly cooked result by using water as the cooking liquid in the Instant Pot, enhancing tenderness and overall juiciness.
How to Cook Buffalo Ribs In the Instant Pot?
Here is a step by step guide for cooking baby back ribs in the Instant Pot.
Step One: Rub The Pork Ribs
Sprinkle the racks of baby pork ribs generously with salt and pepper, then rub the racks of ribs all over with your favorite buffalo sauce.
Step Two: Place Ribs Into Slow Cooker
Place the ribs in the slow cooker.
Step Three: Pressure Cook Ribs
Add water and a little extra sauce to create the liquid mixture. Secure the Instant Pot lid.
Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 25 minutes.
Step Four: Perform Natural Release
Once the timer goes off, use the natural release function to release the pressure from your pot.
Step Five: Sauce And Serve
Once done brush the ribs with additional buffalo sauce and serve.
Enjoy these tasty saucy ribs. They are so good!
- Honey BBQ Twist: Swap Buffalo sauce for a sweet and tangy honey BBQ glaze, offering a different flavor profile.
- Asian Fusion: Experiment with an Asian-inspired twist by using soy sauce, ginger, and garlic for a savory and umami-packed glaze.
- Garlic Parmesan Infusion: Opt for a savory twist with a glaze featuring minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, and a hint of Italian herbs.
- Mango Habanero Kick: Infuse tropical sweetness and spicy heat by incorporating mango puree and diced habanero into the glaze.
- Mustard Maple Elegance: Create a sophisticated glaze with a blend of Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and a touch of thyme.
- Pineapple Teriyaki Bliss: Embrace a tropical vibe by mixing pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce for a sweet and savory glaze.
- Prep for Flavor: Marinate the ribs in your chosen sauce or dry rub for a few hours or overnight to infuse maximum flavor.
- Quick Sear for Depth: Sear the ribs briefly before pressure cooking to lock in juices and add a caramelized crust.
- Natural Release Magic: Allow for a natural pressure release to keep the ribs tender and prevent overcooking.
- Broil for Crispy Finish: For a satisfying texture, finish the ribs under the broiler after pressure cooking for a crispy exterior.
- Double Up on Sauce: Apply an extra layer of sauce before broiling for intensified flavor and a glossy finish.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: Ensure perfection by checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer; it should reach 145°F (63°C).
What To Serve With Baby Back Ribs?
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Creamy garlic mashed potatoes provide a comforting and savory side that complements the bold flavors of the ribs.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Sweet and charred, grilled corn on the cob adds a delightful crunch and natural sweetness to the meal.
- Coleslaw with Tangy Dressing: A crisp and tangy coleslaw balances the richness of the ribs, offering a refreshing contrast.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese: Creamy baked macaroni and cheese provide a comforting and indulgent side that pairs well with the ribs.
- Loaded Baked Beans: A hearty serving of loaded baked beans adds a savory and protein-rich element to the meal.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Roasted Brussels sprouts with a balsamic glaze offer a slightly sweet and caramelized flavor, enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Crispy sweet potato fries provide a sweet and savory side that complements the bold flavors of the ribs.
- Avocado Tomato Salad: A light and refreshing avocado tomato salad with lime dressing adds a burst of freshness to the plate.
- Jalapeño Cornbread: Spicy jalapeño cornbread brings a touch of heat and a delightful texture to the meal.
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips: A fruity salsa with cinnamon-infused tortilla chips offers a sweet and refreshing palate cleanser between bites of flavorful ribs.
How To Store:
Store leftover Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or freeze for 2-3 months in a labeled, airtight container, reheating in the oven or on the grill as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Use A Different Cut Of Pork For This Recipe?
While baby back ribs are recommended for their tenderness, you can use spare ribs or St. Louis-style ribs with adjusted cooking times.
What If I Don’t Have An Instant Pot?
You can adapt the recipe for oven baking or slow cooking; adjust cooking times accordingly.
Can I Use A Different Sauce Or Glaze For The Ribs?
Absolutely, feel free to customize the flavor with your preferred sauce or glaze for a unique twist.
Can I Make The Ribs Ahead Of Time And Reheat Them?
Yes, store cooked ribs in the refrigerator and reheat when ready to serve.
Can I Freeze The Cooked Ribs For Later Use?
Certainly, freeze in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months; thaw before reheating.
Can I Use A Homemade Dry Rub Instead Of Marinating The Ribs?
Certainly, a dry rub can add great flavor; adjust quantities based on personal taste.
- 1 Rack of Pork Ribs (approximately 2 lbs)
- 1 Cup of buffalo sauce (Plus more for serving purposes)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup of Water
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper and then rub in the buffalo sauce. Then place the ribs in the Instant Pot.
- Add water and secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot timer for 25 minutes on manual. Natural release.
- Once done, serve the ribs by having brushed them with additional buffalo sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 1273mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Here are some great Instant Pot recipes you may want to try: