The Best Weight Watchers Jambalaya ￼
This is The Best Weight Watchers Jambalaya recipe, ever! With just 6 weight watchers points per serving, you can’t go wrong with this simple soup! Great for aiding in losing weight while filling your belly full of goodness.
Be sure to check out my Weight Watchers Friendly Instant Pot Chicken Breast With Mango Salad for another delicious weight watchers recipe.
When it comes to a hearty and delicious recipe, this is always at the top of my list. Since I’ve found success with Weight Watchers, I give all the credit to recipes like this one. I never feel like I’m missing out on anything and love that I still get to enjoy hearty and delicious meals.
What Is Jambalaya?
Jambalaya is a combination of some sort of meat protein paired with rice and seasonings.
What’s The Difference Between Gumbo And Jambalaya?
Gumbo is typically served over rice while jambalaya has rice actually mixed in. This is the biggest difference between the two.
Cajun Vs Creole Jambalaya
The biggest way to tell the difference between the two without actually tasting them is to look at the color difference. Creole is going to be orange while cajun is going to be browner in color.
Ingredients For This Cajun Jambalaya Recipe
Don’t let the list of ingredients worry you. They’ll all simple and easy to find!
- Olive oil
- Chicken breast
- Smoked beef sausages
- Celery stalks
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Tomato paste
- Dried thyme
- Bay leaf
- Cajun seasoning
How To Cook Easy Cajun Jambalaya
You can Saute the ingredients in your Instant Pot using the Saute function or in a regular large frying pan.
Step 1: Prepare
Prepare all the ingredients.
Step 2: Heat the oil
Heat the oil in a saucepan or your instant pot, add the chopped chicken breast, fry for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Saute
Add the sliced sausages. Saute everything together for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add the celery
Add the chopped celery rings.
Step 5: add the onion and other ingredients
Peel the onion, cut it into cubes, and add it to the saucepan. Mix
Then diced bell pepper and chopped jalapeno. Fry everything together for 6 minutes until the onion is transparent and the pepper is soft.
Add chopped garlic.
Step 6: add the flour
Add flour and cook for 1 minute
step 7: add the broth
Pour in the broth, bring to a boil over the stovetop, or pressure cook for 4 minutes.
Step 8: add the tomato paste
Add tomato paste, all seasonings, bay leaf, and salt.
Your Weight Watchers Jambalaya is now ready to serve.
What To Serve With Jambalaya Soup?
So what goes with Jambalaya? Here are some top recommendations:
- corn on the cob
- steamed veggies
How to store leftover jambalaya
Make sure to let the jambalaya cool down all the way before storing it. Once it’s cooled, all you have to do is add it to a container with a lid and store it in the fridge. It’s as easy as that.
The Best Weight Watchers Jambalaya
This simple weight watchers recipe is the best and so simple to make!
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- 2 сhicken breast
- Smoked beef sausages 450 g
- 3 peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 Jalapeno
- 3 garlic cloves
- Chicken broth 6 cups
- Flour – ¼ cups
- Tomato paste 230 g
- Dried thyme 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Rice -100 g
- 2 Bay leaf
- Parsley – 2 tbsp
- Shrimp 400 g
- Cajun seasoning 1 tsp
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or your instant pot, add the chopped chicken breast, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced sausages. Saute everything together for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped celery rings.
- Peel the onion, cut into cubes, and add to the saucepan. Mix
- Then diced bell pepper and chopped jalapeno. Fry everything together for 6 minutes until the onion is transparent and the pepper is soft.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute
- Pour in the broth, bring to a boil over the stove top or pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, all seasonings, bay leaf and salt.
- Your Weight Watchers Jambalaya is now ready to serve.
More weight watchers recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Weight Watchers Recipes For The Freestyle Plan
- 3 Ways Meal Prepping Can Help With Weight Loss
- Weight Watchers Friendly: Instant Pot Mushroom And Steak Soup
- Learn More About The Whole Food Diet Here
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!