Looking for a delicious recipe for your next BBQ? These Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs are to die for! They are literally fall off the bone good!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love this BBQ RIBS Recipe
This is one of my favorite rib recipes, and here’s why:
- They are bursting with flavor. Instead of just slapping on some BBQ sauce, you are making your own rub for the ribs which is packed with a sweet and savory flavor.
- Simple ingredients. You won’t have to search high and low for the ingredients needed. In fact, you probably already have most of them.
- So easy to make. This recipe makes your ribs so tender that they literally fall off the bone, but you won’t do much work to get them that way!
Baby Back Ribs Ingredients
You may need to get a few items at the grocery store, so get out that shopping list! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baby back ribs: This recipe is for pork ribs, so make sure you get baby back pork ribs.
- Brown sugar: Make sure you have brown sugar to make the rub for your ribs.
- Vinegar: The best vinegar for this recipe is apple cider vinegar. It really brings out the flavors of the seasonings.
- Seasonings: In addition to the brown sugar, you will need salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
For a full list of exact ingredients, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page
How to Make Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs
You’ll have dinner on the table in a jiffy by following these simple steps!
Step 1: Remove the Membrane
Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs (instructions below)
Step 2: Mix Dry Ingredients
In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
Step 3: Massage the Rub on the Baby Back Ribs
Next, massage the rub to the top layer of your ribs.
Step 4: Add Apple Cider Vinegar
Pour your apple cider mixture to the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trivet inside. Then, put your ribs inside the instant pot.
Step 5: Pressure Cook
Close the lid on your instant pot and close the sealing valve. Then, hit manual or pressure cook and set the time for 20 minutes.
Step 6 Natural Release
Once your instant pot is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, manually released by opening the sealing valve and releasing the pressure.
Step 7: Add BBQ Sauce
Remove your ribs to a cookie sheet. Add your desired amount of barbecue sauce to the top of the ribs over the rub.
Step 8: Broil Baby Back Ribs in the Oven
To crisp up your ribs, broil them in the oven for about five minutes, or until your barbecue sauce is bubbly.
Step 9: Let Cool
Allow the ribs to cool for a couple more minutes, cut into sections, and enjoy! You can top it with more barbecue sauce if you like.
Serve and Enjoy!
How Do I Remove the Membrane?
Removing the membrane is important because it allows the pressure to really permeate the meat and tenderize it. It also allows the seasonings to penetrate the meat. Not to mention the membrane is chewy and not at all easy to eat. Follow the steps to remove your membrane:
- Flip the ribs over so you see the bone side.
- Look for a silvery or whitish dense skin.
- At one end of the ribs, slide a dinner knife under the membrane and over a bone.
- Then, lift and loosen it until it tears.
- Next, grab the edge of it and tear it all off.
The membrane may come off in one whole piece, or you may have to pull it off in smaller pieces.
What BBQ Sauce Do I Use?
Since this recipe already has a brown sugar rub on it, I would recommend using a sweet BBQ sauce such as:
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar
- Famous Dave’s Sweet and Zesty
- Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce
Can I Crisp it Up on the Grill?
Absolutely! In fact, I prefer to cook them over the grill for a few minutes on each side as opposed to using the broiler. Not only does it keep your house cooler, but I think it adds a better flavor and crisp to the BBQ baby back ribs.
BBQ RIbs Side Dish Recommendations
Not sure what to make with these delicious Instant Pot BBQ baby back ribs? Here are a few of my favorite sides:
- Tasty Summer Broccoli Salad
- Cheesy Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- The Best Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 2 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs.
- In a small bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients to make your rub.
- Massage the dry ingredients to the top layer of your ribs.
- Pour your apple cider mixture to the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trigger inside. Place your ribs inside the instant pot.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and close the sealing valve. Push the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 20 minutes.
- Once your instant pot is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, manually released by opening the sealing valve and releasing the pressure.
- Remove your ribs to a cookie sheet. Add your desired amount of barbecue sauce to the top of the ribs over the rub.
- Broil them in the oven for about five minutes, or until your barbecue sauce is bubbly.
- Allow the ribs to cool for a couple more minutes, cut into sections, and enjoy! You can top it with more barbecue sauce if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Other Instant Pot Pork Recipe to Try
Looking for more? Try some of these other Infamous Instant Pot pork recipes!
- Cider Glazed Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Buffalo Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Chinese Pork
10 Delicious Summer INSTANT POT DRINKS Are Quick and Easy To Make
I hope you enjoyed this list of 10 drool-worthy Instant Pot drinks! These are delicious, refreshing, and surprisingly quick to whip up on a summer afternoon for any occasion. What’s your favorite on so far? Let us know in the comments below!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!